H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-22-2003, 11:41 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey there everyone,
I am new to the site as well and I really think its amazing. I have owned my Pewter H2 for about three weeks now and can't say enough great things about it. My question is that I have about $3,500 to do some aftermarket stuff and can't decide between 20" wheels and the big Nitto tires or going for the DVD Nav unit and headrest monitors. This will probably be the only large purchase for the foreseeable future so any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
As well, I am in the Philly suburbs and would love to know if anyone else is in the area!

Thanks,
Kevin
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 06-22-2003, 11:41 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey there everyone,
I am new to the site as well and I really think its amazing. I have owned my Pewter H2 for about three weeks now and can't say enough great things about it. My question is that I have about $3,500 to do some aftermarket stuff and can't decide between 20" wheels and the big Nitto tires or going for the DVD Nav unit and headrest monitors. This will probably be the only large purchase for the foreseeable future so any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
As well, I am in the Philly suburbs and would love to know if anyone else is in the area!

Thanks,
Kevin
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 06-22-2003, 11:49 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Ok if it was mine, I would go with the stereo. 20's are not for Hummers, now I know that this is my opinion but you will one day want to go offroad, and you will want to have some fun, and trust me 20" tires are expensive. So I would rather replace regualar 17" tires than those and I would also rather have cool tunes...Just my 2 cents...

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter, Granatelli Diablo Programmer, Airaid intake, TB Spacer, more stuff soon..
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Welcome. IMHO. Go with the stereo.
1- More people get to enjoy them.
2- You see them all the time when you and friends and family are riding the Hummer, better value thru maximum usage.
3- Many people don't know and don't like 20" wheels and Nitto tires, but thieves do know and like them.
4- Girls notice DVD, LVD, NAV, but generally not rims and tires. If your intention or goal is spend some quality time with her/them in your Hummer, you cannot do without DVD/LCD/NAV. You don't need 20" rims and tires to convince them.
5- One day you will sell your Hummer, buyers will be impressed with your Nav and DVD and LCD, most likely that will not be the case with 20" rim and nitto tires.
6- If you must have 20" rims and Nitto tires, fine, get them later, there gotta to be a higher mountain to climb, let the 20" rims be your next goal.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:07 AM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

Kevin how about a nice set of polished 17" wheels and get the inside stuff too.
But for a little more u could get a blower
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bright-Lee is off the scale

Hey Kevin,
Just look for a good deal on whatever you decide.
If you save 100$ you can get your skid plate polished too.

James www.brightlee.com
Old 06-23-2003, 11:47 AM

Kevin W is off the scale

Thanks for your info guys. I am going to go to the local stereo installer today and see what they have to offer.

Kevin

Pewter H2
Old 06-24-2003, 12:25 AM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

Bright Lee,

Are you offering a special deal or something?

I thought the polished skid plate was about 3x that.

Kevin,

you will probably get the most enjoyment out of the stereo/dvd combo. I have both a full blown system and 18" wheels with Nitto tires (the Nittos are GREAT so far by the way). If I could only do one, I would go for the stereo.

Unfortunately, I wanted the chrome factory wheels and the dealer wanted to charge me $2,500 just for the same wheels in chrome, so I went for aftermarket ones too.

Let us know how your project turns out.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:20 AM

HappyJack is off the scale

I vote for the sterio. It is more fun.

Cheers
Old 06-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bright-Lee is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bright Lee,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I offer this service for 100$ at this price the front 1/3 is show quality, the rear 2/3 is not sanded to remove stamping, or other marks / scratches.
For 165$ you get the full show quality all the way. You do also pay for shipping aprox 25$ each way. I can add XTREAM polish & sealer for another 25$

Full Show polish 165$
3day ground x 2 50$
Xtream polish kit 25$
TOTAL 240$

Ok so like I said, just find a good deal and save 150$ or 240$

Oh, and yes, LOCALS ONLY SPECIAL no shipping needed. Near perfect polish for 100$ yes 100$(wheeuuu I hate to be wrong)

[This message was edited by Bright-Lee on 06-25-03 at 04:31 AM.]
Old 06-25-2003, 02:40 PM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

Hey I am in the Philly area. I'm guessing with the interest in 20's, off-roading might not be in the cards for you. Personally I would go with the Audio/Video than the rims. Personally not a big fan of the large after market rims. I'm actually getting ready to try out 37" MTR's on my H2.

Either way you go I'm sure it will be cool. H2 is an awesome vehicle.

2003 H2

Homepage:
http://www.hummerh1.net
Old 06-25-2003, 10:30 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bright-Lee:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bright Lee,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I offer this service for 100$ at this price the front 1/3 is show quality, the rear 2/3 is not sanded to remove stamping, or other marks / scratches.
For 165$ you get the full show quality all the way. You do also pay for shipping aprox 25$ each way. I can add XTREAM polish & sealer for another 25$

Full Show polish 165$
3day ground x 2 50$
Xtream polish kit 25$
TOTAL 240$

Ok so like I said, just find a good deal and save 150$ or 240$

Oh, and yes, LOCALS ONLY SPECIAL no shipping needed. Near perfect polish for 100$ yes 100$(wheeuuu I hate to be wrong)

[This message was edited by Bright-Lee on 06-25-03 at 04:31 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no, not calling you wrong, you just got me excited about the much cheaper price than I recall seeing somewhere. Now I will really have to consider your services...