H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

Has any one use the True Flow foam filter? I'm looking into buying one and would like some input from any one that has use it and if you have notice any improvement and or more MPG.

Thanks
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

Has any one use the True Flow foam filter? I'm looking into buying one and would like some input from any one that has use it and if you have notice any improvement and or more MPG.

Thanks
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 03-16-2005, 06:33 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

I run the Airaid filter & MIT plus Hypertech III tuning. Stuggled out maybe 1 MPG improvement. Not much helps H2s MPG except maybe an H3
Old 03-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

Just say no! I purchased one from Moss Motors a couple of months ago. It's a cheap P.O.S., the opening in the filter that that matches up to the air sensor is too small. It blocks 15% of the screen. My '03 ran so bad I had to turn around and go home to put the factory filter back in. I now have the Airaid M.I.T.and the Airaid factory replacement filter. I'm very happy with the Airaid setup.

Ed
Old 03-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

Thanks for the reply, I will get the AirAid factory replacement filter I will post the results thst I will get on my '03.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have the airaid replacement filter and MIT. So far I've noticed similar performance to the airaid cold air intake w/out MIT in the city. The highway I'm not sure about. On a recent trip to AZ, I averaged 13 mpg going down, and 14 mpg coming up with a fully loaded vehicle. A couple of weeks ago, I went to seattle with the filter and MIT installed...was struggling to stay above 12 mpg there and back. I also have the hypertech III, which I didn't have going to AZ...

'03 H2
Old 03-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

I have a true flow foam filter also bought from moss. Don't have any problems like ed g. experienced. I can't say if there was any improvement on the filter alone because i installed header and exhaust at the the same time.

Reason I went with true flow was because it was the only direct replacement filter i can find at the time. Dealer wanted $95 for the original piece And the true flow is re-usable, cleaning kit is only $15 I didn't want any open air type intake because I've read more negative results than positives on the H2, mainly loosing low-end...