H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-19-2005, 03:36 PM

HUMMERCHIEFUK is off the scale

Hi,
Here’s the situation: We took our H2 for its SVA test the other day & it failed mostly because there was no third row seat in the truck which= to much luggage space apparently !
So if any of you guys that live in the north of England would be able to lend us your seat just for the test (we will pay of course) that would be awesome! We thought about purchasing one from the states but we would defiantly not use it which is just a waste!

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jason Attwood
south west Cumbria.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:36 PM

Hi,
Here’s the situation: We took our H2 for its SVA test the other day & it failed mostly because there was no third row seat in the truck which= to much luggage space apparently !
So if any of you guys that live in the north of England would be able to lend us your seat just for the test (we will pay of course) that would be awesome! We thought about purchasing one from the states but we would defiantly not use it which is just a waste!

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jason Attwood
south west Cumbria.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:47 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

Huh?? Not like I can help and maybe I'm dumb but what's a SVA test and what's luggage space go to do with it?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:27 PM

. Huh?? Not like I can help and maybe I'm dumb but what's a SVA test and what's luggage space go to do with it?

Jonahs

Its Just a test here in the UK - Single Vehicle Approval which is basically just to make sure imported vehicle's meet Uk standards, Lighting ect, & what you said about luggage space in the hummer, your guess is as good as mine, they made up some silly story about if it does not have the third row seat it would have to be licensed as a Heavy Goods Vehicle which you need a another licence again for! unbeliveable isnt it.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

Hummerchief,

I am in the North East - maybe you could book a re-test at the Newcastle SVA centre and borrow mine? (assuming you've fixed the other items that needed sorting??) - re-tests can be taken anywhere can't they?

Can't loan it out for too long, unfortunatley as the kids (and their friends!) use it quite a lot/often !!!
Old 02-19-2005, 07:06 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERCHIEFUK:
Its Just a test here in the UK - Single Vehicle Approval which is basically just to make sure imported vehicle's meet Uk standards, Lighting ect, & what you said about luggage space in the hummer, your guess is as good as mine, they made up some silly story about if it does not have the third row seat it would have to be licensed as a Heavy Goods Vehicle which you need a another licence again for! unbeliveable isnt it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> And I thought we had too many licensing laws.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERCHIEFUK:
Its Just a test here in the UK - Single Vehicle Approval which is basically just to make sure imported vehicle's meet Uk standards, Lighting ect, & what you said about luggage space in the hummer, your guess is as good as mine, they made up some silly story about if it does not have the third row seat it would have to be licensed as a Heavy Goods Vehicle which you need a another licence again for! unbeliveable isnt it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> And I thought we had too many licensing laws. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Jonahs,

I just got back from Vegas yesterday - good to see so many H2's on the road in one place! (as opposed to here where mines the only one in town!)
Old 02-19-2005, 08:44 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darren:
Hummerchief,

I am in the North East - maybe you could book a re-test at the Newcastle SVA centre and borrow mine? (assuming you've fixed the other items that needed sorting??) - re-tests can be taken anywhere can't they?

Can't loan it out for too long, unfortunatley as the kids (and their friends!) use it quite a lot/often !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darren that would be awesome thanks, the last test was at Carlisle but like you said its possible we could re-test at Newcastle, is their any chance of your tel/No & I'll give you a call.

Thanks Again,!
Jason.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darren:
Hey Jonahs,

I just got back from Vegas yesterday - good to see so many H2's on the road in one place! (as opposed to here where mines the only one in town!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It took off slow but in the last year you see them everywhere here in Vegas. And the good part....NOBODY CARES! The worst thing you get here is a thumbs-up.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

Hummerchief,

Can't loan it out for too long, unfortunatley as the kids (and their friends!) use it quite a lot/often !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darren that we be awesome thanks, the last test was at Carlisle but like you said its possible we could re-test at Newcastle, is their any chance of your tel/No & I'll give you a call.

Thanks Again,!
Jason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason,

I'll PM you with my contact details - maybe we can talk tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:03 PM

BlackDragon is off the scale

Too much luggage space? That's just ridiculous! If you get stuck for a 3rd row seat, let me know, and I'll put ours back in and we can meet up when I'm next visiting my relies in the NE.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackDragon:
Too much luggage space? That's just ridiculous! If you get stuck for a 3rd row seat, let me know, and I'll put ours back in and we can meet up when I'm next visiting my relies in the NE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Dragon,
We are hopefully meeting up with Darren at some point next week & using his seat for the test but thanks for offering!

Jason.