H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-05-2005, 05:33 PM

rodster is off the scale

Multi-mount Warn winch rear wiring is the project.

Got the front wired up just fine and everything with the rear is good except there's no way I'm fitting one more set of #2 wires on the battery. A forum search found this (and a few similar references):

Quote:
The winch leads should come straight off the battery, positive and negative. If you don't have any, pick up a couple of GM side post terinals that have the extra threaded bolt on for accessories. You can get them at PepBoys and the like for $2 or $3 each. These will make attaching the winch cables real easy, and be useful for running any other accessories in the future.

I attempted to buy that part at Pep Boys, Auto Zone and Napa and none of them had anything that looked like it would work. Napa did recommended (and I bought), post extenders with small screws on the end that will work for small terminals but the #2 connectors slide right down the post.

Any chance someone here might post a picture of the part you're using? Many thanks if you can!
Old 06-05-2005, 05:33 PM

rodster is off the scale

Multi-mount Warn winch rear wiring is the project.

Got the front wired up just fine and everything with the rear is good except there's no way I'm fitting one more set of #2 wires on the battery. A forum search found this (and a few similar references):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The winch leads should come straight off the battery, positive and negative. If you don't have any, pick up a couple of GM side post terinals that have the extra threaded bolt on for accessories. You can get them at PepBoys and the like for $2 or $3 each. These will make attaching the winch cables real easy, and be useful for running any other accessories in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I attempted to buy that part at Pep Boys, Auto Zone and Napa and none of them had anything that looked like it would work. Napa did recommended (and I bought), post extenders with small screws on the end that will work for small terminals but the #2 connectors slide right down the post.

Any chance someone here might post a picture of the part you're using? Many thanks if you can!
Old 06-05-2005, 07:54 PM

rodster is off the scale

May have found it. This is similar to what I got at Napa except this has a bolt in the end and not a screw. This it? Found it at the bottom of this page.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2005, 08:19 PM

rodster is off the scale

Or maybe this one from here.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the ones rodster posted. They work fine for me. I even added a couple more wires when I did the lights.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you do your own wiring for your winch Rox? If you did, how long did it take you? After our little excursion yesterday, definately considering a winch...

'03 H2
Old 06-06-2005, 04:39 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
I have the ones rodster posted. They work fine for me. I even added a couple more wires when I did the lights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm sure I'll have a few more wires for the terminals, too!

Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:32 AM

rodster is off the scale

Thanks, Phil. That's the one I went with. American Terminal GM-38 from http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/GM-38.html. Never was able to find one locally.

Thanks again.