H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-30-2005, 11:48 PM

banshee13 is off the scale

Ordered a set of 4 mud/splash guards from Legends Hummer in AZ...$115.000/ no problem with price...They want $200. additional for the install...2 hours at $100 per

Will do it myself this weekend!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by banshee13:
Ordered a set of 4 mud/splash guards from Legends Hummer in AZ...$115.000/ no problem with price...They want $200. additional for the install...2 hours at $100 per

Will do it myself this weekend!!!

And they probably don't even furnish KY Jelly.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:04 AM

Hummer H3 SUV is off the scale

I ordered a full set of GM mud guards for my H3 from a dealer in texas 78.00 included shipping. Installed all 4 myself in 30 min. Legends is ripping you off.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Hummer Novice

chasers is off the scale

There have been many posts about dealers charging obscene prices for mudflaps (installed). This seems to be one accessory where they are consistently screwing people!

The $115 they quoted is $30 more than list. Save yourself the $200 and do it yourself. It is INCREDIBLY easy, and takes 30-45 minutes tops.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

Quote:
The $115 they quoted is $30 more than list.

Not to start an argument, but I believe list is $47.60 per set ($95.20 for all four), so $115 is only $20 over. If that includes tax, not quite as bad. I paid $78.40 plus tax for mine, but only after I told the dealer I'd buy them online for that.

Install is easy, if you have a drill and small phillips screwdriver you can do it.

Instructions say 30 minutes per, so if you want the dealer to do it take the instruction sheet in with you and show the service writer that. They should agree to do it.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

most are selling for 80.00 to 90.00 a set 17800723 frt & back with .5 to install. about 41.00
121.00-131.00
Old 10-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

My dealership wanted $130.00 for the mudflaps and install. I purchased the mudflaps for $84.00(thats with tax included) and I will do the install myself this weekend. I don't think $130.00 is all that bad. After all, the dealership gives a free car wash after they work on it and while you wait in the customers lounge you can eat all the homemade chocolate chip cookies and drink all the sodas you want.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Game Over is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by partsguy:
most are selling for 80.00 to 90.00 a set 17800723 frt & back with .5 to install. about 41.00
121.00-131.00
I am still lookin' for a website / dealership that'll ship it to my location. Hell am not even getting a reply back. All this crap about "We Support The Troops" from their site and won't even ship an item to an APO address. I don't even mind paying extra....as long as it's reasonable.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:36 PM

banshee13 is off the scale

I appreciate all of the feedback. While the dealership has been good...I've experienced what alot of folks have...They don't return calls/messages from day one..

Thanks for the imput, I'll just install them myself.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

called ramp hummer on li ny said there out of mudflaps till next week ? $60.00 for the set of 4 and $100.00 to install thought instalation was high . service guy said approximatly i said havent you installed them before he said no hard to beleve but he said plan on $100.00.I will call the salesman i bought it from(or talk to service manager) maybee he will cut me a deal, i beleve when i bought it he said $130.00 for the flaps not to bad otherwise ill put them in myself and put the $100 toward my brush gaurd

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps 2,300+ miles
1968 oldsmobile 442 5 to 6 miles per gallon around town but you still love it
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale

Paid $79 for mud flaps and $45 (1 hour labor). Just be aware that dealer-bought flaps do not "completely" cover width of tire (33"). Otherwise, they look good and stop most splash/rockes. Anything mor ethan an hour labor is B.S.. Oh, but they did remove rear tires to put them on???? Wasn't sure why except it made it a bit easier for the maint tech to work.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:19 AM

Surferjo is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by fourfourto:
called ramp hummer on li ny said there out of mudflaps till next week ? $60.00 for the set of 4 and $100.00 to install thought instalation was high . service guy said approximatly i said havent you installed them before he said no hard to beleve but he said plan on $100.00.I will call the salesman i bought it from(or talk to service manager) maybee he will cut me a deal, i beleve when i bought it he said $130.00 for the flaps not to bad otherwise ill put them in myself and put the $100 toward my brush gaurd

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps 2,300+ miles

I ordered my H3 from Ramp (in August, still waiting) I wonder if the price for the mud flaps will be the same given that they ordered at the time of purchase.

Fourfourto did you get the Crossbows? If so what did they set you back from ramp?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Hummer Guru

i emailed Lou he said mudflaps are on order didnt give me price yet i emailed him back asking for price? as for crossrails i cant find paper with itemized prices they put all accesorys together on bill i forgot the price on crossrails alone going on 8th week so far no problems with anything all went well with first oil change they send you a discount coupon in mail think i paid 29.00 including tax for 1000 mile service. i would should have added mudflaps at time of purchase. when its broken in try climbing some hills at exit 56 lie
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Hummer Guru

got e mail today local dealer has mudflaps but now its $90.00 for set of 4 and 1 hr labor at $100.00 total $190.00 definatly doing install myself

Old 10-11-2005, 02:07 AM

hummerdonthurtem is off the scale

Paid $79+tax for mine and just installed them yesterday. Pretty easy to install with a right angle drill. These drills are not that expensive and come in handy. Ryobi sells one for about $60. I was surprised that the fenders were made of plastic when I drilled the mounting holes. Be sure not to overtighten the screws.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Hummer Guru

simple install took an hour and i went slow and milked it ,you do need a right angle drill its better than removing wheel and make sure your 3/32 drill bit is in your set at some point i broker mine. I went to dollor store bought set worked fine your only going through plastic. cost of install $1.08 dealer $100.00 + TAX

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps ,and mudflaps 2,500+ miles