H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

LSU, were you with the group from New Orleans that went to the Red Creek Off-Road park in South Mississippi a few months back?
Old 06-27-2004, 01:34 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

HOLLY COW LSU . If your ever in San Diego look me up, i'll let you wash my roof . I can bearly reach it on a ladder.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:31 AM

LsuH2 is off the scale

Paragon-No, i sure wasnt. havent had the time or $$ to take any of the driving courses/adventures as of yet. Bills are starting to get caught up and I am hoping to join and keep up with the news of at least one of the H2 clubs around here.
N2- thats just an optical illusion that happened with the camera, i really only come up to the side mirror... yup, thats about all im good for, changing light bulbs and washing the top of cars. (not really mad) but it is amazing to me at how much different the world looks and how much i notice things up above others eyesight, which also leads to missing alot of things down low cause i dont feel like bending my big a** ova to c it!

please check my exhaust post, any remarks would be a help as I am looking to do this soon. can't wait to hear my roar! also, i'll be posting questions about installing a sub (or two) so keep and eye on it. Everyones help is welcomed and greatly appreciated! lata from Death Valley GEAUX TIGERS!
Old 06-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LsuH2:
GEAUX TIGERS! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Go Dogs & Hotty Totty
Old 07-03-2004, 10:51 AM

Brad is off the scale

I'm 6'-4" 260 and I have plenty of room. I have a 34" inseam and I also have plenty of head room. Whoever said the H2 is the best riding vehicle they have ever owned, I totally agree.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CraigFRNJ:
I wanted to purchase new rails, or extended rails to accommodate my legs. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you use the vehicle for work - if so I am assuming that you are either a circus stilt walker or an Elvis impressionist - lose the stilts or the platform shoes and you will be fine.
I am 6'4" - 03 H2 and heaps of room, though I did not get the sunroof - it did feel cramped with it in.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:19 AM

Suvs suck is off the scale

why dont you just buy a better SUV, or maybe if this isnt too crazy of an idea, a car
Old 07-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you go finish fluffing the line of fat sweaty "clients" outside your mom's stall?
Old 07-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> why dont you just buy a better SUV, or maybe if this isnt too crazy of an idea, a car <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

by suvs suck
Old 07-10-2004, 03:29 AM

Suvs suck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> why dont you just buy a better SUV, or maybe if this isnt too crazy of an idea, a car <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

by suvs suck <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow you can quote someone. Someone is learning
Old 07-10-2004, 03:31 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by KenP:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why dont you just buy a better SUV, or maybe if this isnt too crazy of an idea, a car

by suvs suck

wow you can quote someone. Someone is learning <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You keep editing, loser. Get a life and go back to your paper route.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

If I may add, the last car I owned that had simular headroom was my `69 Galaxie 500 Fastback, witha 429 and NO EMMISIONS! open exaust with no catylist ...those were the days!
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 07-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yetti,

In 1980 I built a 429 Cobra-Jet and installed it in a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang. That motor was absolutely unbelievable!
Old 07-11-2004, 01:59 AM
Hummer Expert

its one of the few designs ford copyed from chevy that worked. if you take off the distributor & valve covers you can't hardly tell them apart. I have been looking to build a Boss 429 one day(Hemi), but the time and money are never in the right place.

by the way, did you ever notice the notches in the shock towers on your 73? they were for the 429 Boss, but it was never put in on any production vehicle.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 07-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, my favorite Mustangs are the 1971-73s. They have an engine bay that can handle any size Ford motor, and the suspension and brakes are much stronger than any other models.

I know what you mean about the money. At the time, I was making $3.10/hr. I put $3K in the 429CJ. Boss parts were not even an option for me. Way to much $$$.

Those CJ heads were amazing. The intake ports were HUGE. Even Ford called them "sewer pipes".

In 1980, the car was a monster. New Corvettes came from the factory with less than 200hp. It was just too easy. The car would run 60 in 1st, 120 in 2nd, and God knows how fast in drive. At 155 the front end started to "float".

What a ride!
Old 07-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Hummer Expert

I used to get the "float" at about 115, by 125 its gone and the down force over the car was doing wonders for handling. I never did find out how fast it would go. I had to many rough roads around lower Michigan. I did however get pulled over for 105 in 55 back in `87(I was slowing down to get off the highway), I just happend to look behind me and see the trooper about 1/2 mile back .
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org