H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-27-2002, 11:31 PM

Seth is off the scale

I just wanted to let anyone know that is shopping for an H2 know that you can find the H2's at MSRP or even a little better. I shopped three different dealers in the Bay Area. All three said that they were THE ONLY dealers in The Bay area not charging more than sticker price. When I was quoted by the all three of them for identical units I was quoted three different prices. The quotes ranged from $52K to $55K. I am not sure how the dealers that said that they were charging MSRP planed on pulling it over my eyes when I came in to pick up the vehicle. I imagine they figure once you come in you are so emotionally attached to it that you are willing to overlook the fact that they are screwing you. I don't mind paying premium for some things (if I have to) but I don't like being lied to.

Anyway, my build date is December 9th. and I hope to have it before Xmas. Thanks to all for the advice during my buying process if I can help anyone in anyway I would be glad to repay the favor. Thanks to Jason (whoever he is) for building and maintaining this website, it has been a great help!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:31 PM

Seth is off the scale

I just wanted to let anyone know that is shopping for an H2 know that you can find the H2's at MSRP or even a little better. I shopped three different dealers in the Bay Area. All three said that they were THE ONLY dealers in The Bay area not charging more than sticker price. When I was quoted by the all three of them for identical units I was quoted three different prices. The quotes ranged from $52K to $55K. I am not sure how the dealers that said that they were charging MSRP planed on pulling it over my eyes when I came in to pick up the vehicle. I imagine they figure once you come in you are so emotionally attached to it that you are willing to overlook the fact that they are screwing you. I don't mind paying premium for some things (if I have to) but I don't like being lied to.

Anyway, my build date is December 9th. and I hope to have it before Xmas. Thanks to all for the advice during my buying process if I can help anyone in anyway I would be glad to repay the favor. Thanks to Jason (whoever he is) for building and maintaining this website, it has been a great help!
Old 11-28-2002, 12:08 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Seth, what color are you getting? tell us more about your Hummer. Interesting experience, even though you are buying MSRP, yet the field is covered with hidden mines. How is that possible? MSRP is MSRP. Also did not understand one part of your post, did you mean you got it for LESS than MSRP? Putnam Hummer order form came out exactly same as the internet prices I had in my hand. Where did you order it?
Old 11-28-2002, 01:55 AM

Seth is off the scale

I ordered the pewter with leather, CD changer, chrome package and tube step ups. I was quoted $54,500 plus tax and title by one dealer and he said that was MSRP. I told him I had a quote for the same package at about $2500 less which is what I priced out online. He basically just double talked and stepped all over himself. I also spoke to a dealer in the Southland that told me he "could" do better. The bottom line is that I ordered it from Putnam they seem to be the most straight forward and it is the most convenient for me.

By the way Mac... sorry to disappoint you but the salesman at Putnam told me Mr. Bonds also purchased a Hummer 2. He saw it the day he was in picking up his Escalade; they had one on the lot just for test drives.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:30 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seth...

Congratulations on ordering. Now the hardest part is the wait for arrival. The 52k price is right on target for what you described. When you hear double talk its time to doubletime it for the door! If I might make a sugestion wait a couple of days for the order to be placed and then go to dealer and get a print out of the order and check it over real close. The print out is called a Vehicle Order Detail (abbreviated). It will have the order number,list the color and options you ordered. When I checked mine the dealer had entered the wrong color! Luckily I found out in time to correct the problem. It took all of about 30 seconds to key out the mistake and correct it in the computer.

Don
Old 11-28-2002, 04:34 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Not a problem, Barry Bonds used to live next door to me for many years, he just moved a couple weeks ago to a new house he built in Atherton. I guess, just like me, he can't handle having the same vehicle as the next door neighbor, or more likely he saw my new Hummer, copied me, was too ashamed and ran away. Now I know, that black Hummer I saw at night on my street was Barry Bonds, he was afraid I see his black Hummer, only dared to drive it at night. It all make sense to me now. What audacity, same color as my Hummer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

Well, you are more than welcome for putting the site together. It has been a lot of fun for me.

I have dabbled with websites for quite some time, mostly sticking to the online gambling side of it. However, there are too many sketchy people in the industry who are full of empty promises. The great thing about this site, is that I do not have to sell it. The H2 sells itself, and the members of this forum are incredible asset who add more valuable content than I ever could.

To all of you: thanks!

To Seth: enjoy your new rig!