H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 11-06-2005, 11:57 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

Well, not a good thing, not a tragedy either. I finally popped a bead while playing on the trails.

Several comments...

1) Summit Point Raceways offroad trails are bead poppers. Steep downhills, deep ruts, slick mud so you really get moving fast dowhill, and then 90 degree turns at the bottom of the hill.

I would not suggest airing below 25 psi there. (I aired UP to 25 PSI from 18 and had no more problems.)

2) "Thank you God" for Hi-lift jacks. If you wheel without one, you will be hurting when you finally need to change a tire. The first time you use it, it will be paid for. There is no way the factory jack would have done the job where I had to stop. ($60, very well spent.)

3) The factory tools for changing the tire (lug wrench kit) are aces! I was very impressed.

4) After changing the to spare and getting back to staging... it was easy to clean the tire, air it up, and pop the tire back onto the bead.

5) Rogaine works. My bald spot is shrinking. Just noticed that for the first time in the tire change pictures. Sometimes God gives us encouragement through really strange channels.
Attached Images

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Well, not a good thing, not a tragedy either. I finally popped a bead while playing on the trails.

Several comments...

1) Summit Point Raceways offroad trails are bead poppers. Steep downhills, deep ruts, slick mud so you really get moving fast dowhill, and then 90 degree turns at the bottom of the hill.

I would not suggest airing below 25 psi there. (I aired UP to 25 PSI from 18 and had no more problems.)

2) "Thank you God" for Hi-lift jacks. If you wheel without one, you will be hurting when you finally need to change a tire. The first time you use it, it will be paid for. There is no way the factory jack would have done the job where I had to stop. ($60, very well spent.)

3) The factory tools for changing the tire (lug wrench kit) are aces! I was very impressed.

4) After changing the to spare and getting back to staging... it was easy to clean the tire, air it up, and pop the tire back onto the bead.

5) Rogaine works. My bald spot is shrinking. Just noticed that for the first time in the tire change pictures. Sometimes God gives us encouragement through really strange channels.

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 11-06-2005, 11:59 AM

Try a factory jack here... no way!
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2005, 12:01 PM

Lot of lift needed. Glad I got the 60" I can see how it might be needed much better now.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2005, 12:02 PM

The flex in the jack made me a tad concerned... but it flexed right back after the lift.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2005, 12:03 PM

All in all, the jack and the right tools made it easy....
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2005, 12:04 PM

Total time was about 15 minutes
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2005, 12:06 PM

Getting the jack to go down took some thinking. Mine sticks a little bit on the way down.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Lmao at #5, that was cute.

Thanks for the pics, the HLJ's are awesome but very dangerous. They don't call them "Widow Makers" for nothing.

Is there a special place on the H2 bumper to place it? I notice you have it in the tow ring indention, I know that other vehicles have damage issues when using the Hi-lift.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:42 PM

I lifted it by the tow ring... Slow, careful, and NEVER underneath it... I think the bumper would crush if the jack was used on it.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

was there any damage to the tow ring from the jack?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Bish that\'s not cottage cheese!!! You have a yeast infection!!!
Walter_Cronkite is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have any special techniques to keep your comb over in place? Hairspray? Spit? It looks half decent.

I always get that "Head blown off by shotgun blast" look everytime the wind catches it wrong.

You did an excellent job in replacing your tire.

I know of one idiot who popped a bead. He was useless without the help of 6-7 people.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:51 PM

The tow ring and the combover both came through it ok.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Why did you change the tire? Just reset the bead on the vehicle. Ask Adam how...
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 11-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
Why did you change the tire? Just reset the bead on the vehicle. Ask Adam how... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

boom factor?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GMPartsGuy:
Why did you change the tire? Just reset the bead on the vehicle. Ask Adam how... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's what I was thinking. I guess I'll have to train the guys out here how to do it.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

We talking about the hairspray/lighterfluid trick?
Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walter_Cronkite:
Do you have any special techniques to keep your comb over in place? Hairspray? Spit? It looks half decent.

I always get that "Head blown off by shotgun blast" look everytime the wind catches it wrong.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMGDMFAO!!! That is classic!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:
We talking about the hairspray/lighterfluid trick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That works, but no. It involves jacking the truck and using a tiestrap around the tire. Crank it down so the sidewalls push out. Then fill it with air and the bead will pop back on.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:
Getting the jack to go down took some thinking. Mine sticks a little bit on the way down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They all stick on the way down. Ken and Adam did a bang up job on Drtys little misshap.