H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Anyone use them. We have one at the local BP that we usually use, but I'm a little nervous taking the H2 through it. Will it even fit? If so has anyone tried it? I'm a little nervous it will do some damage or hurt the paint. I usually do it by hand, but it's a heck of a job cleaning one of these big boys.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Anyone use them. We have one at the local BP that we usually use, but I'm a little nervous taking the H2 through it. Will it even fit? If so has anyone tried it? I'm a little nervous it will do some damage or hurt the paint. I usually do it by hand, but it's a heck of a job cleaning one of these big boys.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want something done right...
Old 09-08-2005, 12:39 AM

sharon is off the scale

been through many times no problem. dont even have to fold the mirrors in
Old 09-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

I only do it myself as well. I will run mine though in the winter from time to time...but its finish is 90%.

I have also heard that the "hot wax" they use is bad for clear coat.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never done this in the HUMMER. I thought it blew off your Marker lights or something.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Hummer Expert

I agree with VT, if there is any road grime or dirt those touchless car washes don't get it very clean.

I traded in a '01 black Sierra in July that had 98k miles on it. The dealer could not believe how good the paint looked, and my trade-in value reflected it. I've found that hand washing and regular (every month or so) hand waxing with Zymol works wonders.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean you guys don't get to wash yours at work and get paid for it?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marcmedic:
You mean you guys don't get to wash yours at work and get paid for it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I work at a car wash. Bring yours by and I'll get paid for doing it too.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never run it through the smaller auto car washes...I usually take it to the ones where they'll dry it for you too. Never had a problem with them. In fact, what's sad is they tell me I'm the only Hummer they've ever seen dirty. Most come in clean to be cleaned again...

'03 H2
Old 09-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Expert

I'm in. Just don't put that crap on the tires so it flies off all over the side of the truck.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
I've never run it through the smaller auto car washes...I usually take it to the ones where they'll dry it for you too. Never had a problem with them. In fact, what's sad is they tell me I'm the only Hummer they've ever seen dirty. Most come in clean to be cleaned again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was in a hurry last week and went through one of these. it ripped off my CB antennae. It had only been up there for about 2 weeks

Never again, well probably never
Old 09-08-2005, 01:00 AM
Hummer Expert

Ken, if you wan't, you can stop by Taco Bell and maybe I can hook you up with a burrito for your trouble. I just have to make sure I'm in the drive thru that day.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:29 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Thanks all. The owner of the BP said he's never seen a H2 try to go through it. He said my mirrors would have to come in cause his is such a tight fit. It just had me worried. I don't want anything to happen to it. I'll give it a try when I'm really dirty and let ya know.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2NY is off the scale

I tried to go through a local manned wash last week and they said it wouldnt fit because theres was older but the newer washes should it just fine and they did.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marcmedic:
Ken, if you wan't, you can stop by Taco Bell and maybe I can hook you up with a burrito for your trouble. I just have to make sure I'm in the drive thru that day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm in!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MovinH2:
Thanks all. The owner of the BP said he's never seen a H2 try to go through it. He said my mirrors would have to come in cause his is such a tight fit. It just had me worried. I don't want anything to happen to it. I'll give it a try when I'm really dirty and let ya know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What brand car wash is it. Not BP but the equipment brand or trade mark. I sell car washes. Most can fit it, although some do not. I have taken my H1 through a touchless before. Never again will I do it unless I turn my engine off while it is doing its thing. Its a diesel thing you wouldn't understand. See even use Hummer guys can make a joke about that stupid jeep slogan. I've got others.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:41 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckhagman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MovinH2:
Thanks all. The owner of the BP said he's never seen a H2 try to go through it. He said my mirrors would have to come in cause his is such a tight fit. It just had me worried. I don't want anything to happen to it. I'll give it a try when I'm really dirty and let ya know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What brand car wash is it. Not BP but the equipment brand or trade mark. I sell car washes. Most can fit it, although some do not. I have taken my H1 through a touchless before. Never again will I do it unless I turn my engine off while it is doing its thing. Its a diesel thing you wouldn't understand. See even use Hummer guys can make a joke about that stupid jeep slogan. I've got others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure bro,
If I get a chance to go by there tomorrow and look I will. When I go in though in my other cars, I never really see a name. I might have to ask the owner that next time I see him about that.