H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

what you all have been going through. Since driving the Hummer, I have gotten a lot of good and some bad stuff. Which I am not used too. Just looks, nothing crazy yet.

I have been handling it well. I am good at being snotty sometimes. -just looks, mainly my- "hmmm look" which is a pleased sort of look at you at the corner of my eyes -blink -then look pleasingly straight with a little smile.

But today, I saw an old neighbor of mine. Great guy named Joey from NYC- accent and all huge nose great character, we used to walk our dogs together at night because I was scared. Anyway, he was driving a Prius, I got along side him, all I could see was his nose and honked because he can't see me really cuz I'm way taller. He jerked the other direction and slowed way down, then I slowed down and was going to wave. Then he switched lanes. When I was going to catch up to him at a red light, he quickly went into the turn lane and went into a shopping center before I could get next to him. I think I scared Joey.

Too bad he didn't see me. It was kinda funny, that car is so small. I just wanted to say hello to my little friend.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Hummer Deity

what you all have been going through. Since driving the Hummer, I have gotten a lot of good and some bad stuff. Which I am not used too. Just looks, nothing crazy yet.

I have been handling it well. I am good at being snotty sometimes. -just looks, mainly my- "hmmm look" which is a pleased sort of look at you at the corner of my eyes -blink -then look pleasingly straight with a little smile.

But today, I saw an old neighbor of mine. Great guy named Joey from NYC- accent and all huge nose great character, we used to walk our dogs together at night because I was scared. Anyway, he was driving a Prius, I got along side him, all I could see was his nose and honked because he can't see me really cuz I'm way taller. He jerked the other direction and slowed way down, then I slowed down and was going to wave. Then he switched lanes. When I was going to catch up to him at a red light, he quickly went into the turn lane and went into a shopping center before I could get next to him. I think I scared Joey.

Too bad he didn't see me. It was kinda funny, that car is so small. I just wanted to say hello to my little friend.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that pretty much sums up driving a lifted truck.

The big thing for me is bumper height. You know - when you're next to/behind a small car like that, and you realize that if you screw up and hit someone, you'll likely kill them. Your bumper is at their head. It makes you drive a little slower, a little more careful. Unless you're purposely aiming at someone, that's a different story.

Had a good day today tho - pulled up next to a Dodge Ram with a 4-6" lift (couldn't tell, but I was bigger) at a stoplight. The driver looked to be in his teens or 20s, had his chick in there with him. He kept looking over at my truck (UP at my truck), and I smiled. I think his poor little man parts shriveled a bit.

I should have gotten a lift a loooong time ago. I only see one problem - once you go lifted, you never go back. I can NOT drive a normal vehicle anymore, it just doesn't feel right.

Stacy
Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Hummer Deity

Yeah, it's fun and scary at the same time. The wheel is still very sensitive so if I move it a little the truck moves that very same moment and I only have a few inches it seems I can spare on either side. Then I overcorrect and it is a mess.

Yes, I have found some men are a little intimidated looking when I pull up next to them, I feel them peering over (or up)at me, ya know. Lifted Jeeps are the best. Most are nice though, kids are awesome. It definitely attracts more attention.

I do love it though. I have been taking it out a lot.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
I do love it though. I have been taking it out a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Duh! And so you should. It belongs to you.

Ken, I just turned my phone off.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I still can't understand why Ken sold his truck and bought you a new SUT. I think it's great though. You deserrve your own HUMMER CP. Did Moab scare Ken away from the HUMMER?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:31 AM

4churchill is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
You deserrve your own HUMMER CP. : </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See my petition thread

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 12-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Ken needs to buy his own rig. Stop hiding behind your wife!

'03 H2
Old 12-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Hummer Deity

I keep telling him I don't need or want one.

Though when I have to leave and I see the two sets of keys sitting next to each other it starts. I bite my lip and start to think naughty. I grab the H2 keys and prance my way out of the house. Giggle my way through the garage and run to it like a kid.

It's like a treat, like driving your Dad's car. It wouldn't be the same if I had one. I am trying not to take it as much, besides, I need a smaller vehicle, I have already taken out some of the new landscaping.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:

Ken, I just turned my phone off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I noticed that!

Everyone else, SHUT IT.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by H2CP,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, I have found some men are a little intimidated looking when I pull up next to them, I feel them peeing over (or up)at me, ya know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I do love it though. I have been taking it out a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed
Old 12-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:

Ken, I just turned my phone off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I noticed that!

Everyone else, SHUT IT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for inviting me to the conversation

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2
Oh my phone is in my car
Old 12-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, CP, since you're sitting so high, you might as well drive around neked. No one would even see you! Ken, don't get any ideas....

'03 H2