H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

hotstang46` is on a distinguished road
Default Re: One Year Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Time for you to step into the 21st century. 5-7k miles with dino oil, 7-10k with full synthetic for average daily driving. You can rant in big bold print with baseless, outdated opinion until the cows come home, but you're looking dumber and dumber with every post you make on this subject.

Oh really, where in the heck do you get this garbage from? GM? Gee, I wonder why they are recomending higher intervals these days? Couldn't have anything to do an estimated savings by Gm Insiders of 6.6 million of barrels a year could it? Nothing to do with appeasing all the pressure coming from the "green" people inside gov? What do the manufacturers of the oil usually recomend? Does GM manufacture the oils? My claims are not baseless and my opinion is not dated. It is based in facts, some of which have nothing to do with time and are the same now as they were since oils were first used in the first engines. You my friend are the one that appears to be "dumb" as you called me with you're baseless claims.

FACT 1: Oil gets contaminated. The longer you go, the higher the risk.

One way will be through debris that comes in through the air intake. Once it makes it through the air filter, it ends up in your oil. Once in your oil, it starts damaging your engine.

The second source would be metal shavings. The longer you wait the higher the percentage of shavings and the more metal to metal contact you will have.

The third source of contamination will be from combustion by- products. Combustion by-products will generally raise the acidity of your oil, which causes corrosion in your engine. In addition, they will be left behind as the engine oil burns off and will collect on the inside of your engine as deposits. To maintain the viability of your oil as well as protection of the engine, the contaminants have to be removed/neutralized.

FACT 2: Conventional oils are generally formulated with easily sheared viscosity index improvers that often drop out of viscosity specification relatively quickly -- sometimes even before the end of a 3,000-mile oil drain interval. Viscosity loss leaves oils incapable of protecting engines from metal to metal contact and wear in high temperatures.

FACT 3:Today?s engines are expected to put out more power from a smaller size and with less oil than engines of the past. Therefore, the engines run much hotter than they used to. That puts an increased burden on the oil.

FACT 4: ALL OILS BREAK DOWN...Petroleum oil begins to break-down almost immediately. Although there are many factors that contribute to the breakdown of an oil, HEAT is the most important. Even the best petroleum oils will have flash points only as high as 375 and 420 degrees F.

I could go on.......suffice to say a 9k oil change on a petro oil is TERRIBLE for your hummer. Don't do it please.......

TGCTOFN: These diesels you have in your fleet are a totally different animal and can't be compared.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstang46`
I could go on.......

You could go on doing what, cutting and pasting your "facts" from an Amsoil dealer's website? Nice try.

Quote:
Oh really, where in the heck do you get this garbage from? GM?

No, quite the contrary....I work for a major oil company.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Time for you to step into the 21st century.

Haha, quite funny you say this, you need to step into 21st century message forum rules. Rule 145903 states anything in bold is factual. Guess whos owned now buddy!

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss, LMFAO...you had me going there for a split second!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

[quote=TXSUT]You could go on doing what, cutting and pasting your "facts" from an Amsoil dealer's website? Nice try.

Owned what? Damn right it's from an amsoil website. I never claimed to be an engineer or chemist coming to those conclusions myself. Amsoil provides some very good information there. Obviously you don't agree. They are all idiots too eh?

And nice try? Nice try what, how do you have me owned, you are truly an idiot. You have nothing to say about any of that stuff because you can't argue it and they are damn good points.

Why do you think that i care who you work for? It doesn't lend any credence to what you are doing, it only makes you look bad if in fact you do and you are an engineer/ chemist who tests these oils and has conducted pertinant research. (which i'm sure you are or else why bring it up eh?)
Old 04-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
blah, blah, blah...

I'll hit a few high points and then let it die.

(1) I criticized you for copying the Amsoil sales pitch because of course Amsoil is going to speak lowly of organic oils...they are in the business of selling synthetic oil. Also, to cut and paste without specifying the source is typical "big man on the internet" bullsh!t.
(2) Improvements in organic oil performance over the last several years have rendered 3,000 mile change intervals obsolete (under "normal" driving conditions). Yes, there are political motives on the part of the auto and oil companies, but I have seen the evidence firsthand, held the engine parts in my own two hands. Have you? Nah, you just get your "facts" from a website. I bet you believe everything on Wikipedia is 100% accurate, too.
(3) I will not argue that Amsoil does not make great products. Afterall, I am also an Amsoil rep.
(4) Go back and read what I said about intervals. I am not condoning 9,000 mile intervals with organic oil. The big, bold know-it-all ranting in your first couple posts just needed some balanced rebutting.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

TXSUT......I am going to let this dies as well, no need to beat a dead horse. And I really didn't intend for this to become another oil debate. Maybe my thinking is old school. But I guess maybe I'm fanatic about my vehicles. It's very very cheap easy insurance to do it. Again, since I don't have access to labs to do testing and the like is all I can do is read as many articles as I can on the net regarding this stuff like 99.9% of everyone else out there. Amsoil I've always found has been very unbiased with the information they provide, unlike some other manufacturers.

I tell you guys what. Becuase now I'm curious as well. I will send off some of my Dino Oil to get analyzed after my next change ( just changed my oil last week ). I will post up when I receive the results. Probably me a month or two.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Hummer Professional

lasvegash2 is on a distinguished road

2008 h2 sut
2008 escalade
1969 charger