H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

vetteSUT is on a distinguished road
Default Seat motor help

Here's a shot in the dark. My 06 SUT, the seat will recline and do just about everything other than the bottom part of the seat will not rise or lower. And thing is, it does on the front of the seat where your legs touch the seat, but not in the back where your butt sits. It's really annoying, as I am a tall guy and feel like I am sitting on the floor. I am wondering how hard it would be to try to figure out which motor this is and replace it...

Ideas?
Old 04-30-2009, 03:12 AM
Elcova Rookie

bh2fan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seat motor help

I think you have the same problem as I did. The motor turns a large screw which in turn moves the seat. Near the end of the screw, there is a plastic cap which does not allow the screw to move all the way out. Mine was stuck in the almost out position and the motor did not have enough torque to start moving it back in as it also became slightly mis-threaded. After moving the screw slightly by hand, I tried moving the seat and it started to work. Tried moving the seat all the way up and down and the same thing happend again. Had to repeat the procedure again.

Long story short, I think your motor is fine.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

thanks for the advice! did you look at it with anything off, or just get outside the truck and look under the seat? Also, was it in the back or more towards the front? I think I will look at this tomorrow, if anything I will get it up higher and just leave it there.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Elcova Rookie

bh2fan is on a distinguished road

Have not been there for a while. Looked at it today again and it brought back some memories. I did not remove anything. You can look underneath the seat from the front and the back. Instead of moving the screws you should wiggle the appropriate motor instead. The best way to get at it is from the back.

There are four motors. Three motors are mounted running the width of the car while one its length. The one in the front of the seat (running the width of the car) allows the entire seat to move back and forth.

When looking from the back of the seat, the motor that runs the length of the car and is on the left, reclines the seatback. The first motor on the right, runs the width of the car, moves the rear of the seat up and down. The second motor moves the front.

And just wanted to add, when mine is stuck I can still hear a click when pressing the switch, it just does not do anything.

Last edited by bh2fan : 04-30-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yea, I'm a dumbass. Last night before I read this I checked the passenger side and went through all the motions and figured out which motor it is. Just like you said, it's a screw system which turns a bar and thus raises the seat. Didn't have time to get into it as I had company over. Will get into it tonight, thanks for your advice bh2fan.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!!!! I been experiencing the same thing and gave up and was planning on buying a new motor!!!!!!! Works like a charm!!!!