H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 PM

Mike of Iowa is off the scale

I just had the marker lights installed by my local dealer. They really change the appearance of the H3. Worth every dime

Thanks to past posts on this forum I saved money as they wanted $400.00 in labor to install. I showed them the average price paid around the country from all of you and they reduced it to $175.00

Also got rear ended by a kid who was real close and flipping me off. He couldn't stop in time and crushed his mom's minivan hood on my spare tire. No damage to my H3. He and his passenger got out and started swearing Fnn hummer while I was on the phone to the police. They took care of the rest appon their arrival.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 PM

I just had the marker lights installed by my local dealer. They really change the appearance of the H3. Worth every dime

Thanks to past posts on this forum I saved money as they wanted $400.00 in labor to install. I showed them the average price paid around the country from all of you and they reduced it to $175.00

Also got rear ended by a kid who was real close and flipping me off. He couldn't stop in time and crushed his mom's minivan hood on my spare tire. No damage to my H3. He and his passenger got out and started swearing Fnn hummer while I was on the phone to the police. They took care of the rest appon their arrival.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also got rear ended by a kid who was real close and flipping me off. He couldn't stop in time and crushed his mom's minivan hood on my spare tire. No damage to my H3. He and his passenger got out and started swearing Fnn hummer while I was on the phone to the police. They took care of the rest appon their arrival. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's awesome. Great story. Crashing moms minivan, that sucks
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

That's awesome. Great story. Crashing moms minivan, that sucks

The look on the teenagers face... PRICELESS
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike of Iowa:

Also got rear ended by a kid who was real close and flipping me off. He couldn't stop in time and crushed his mom's minivan hood on my spare tire. No damage to my H3. He and his passenger got out and started swearing Fnn hummer while I was on the phone to the police. They took care of the rest appon their arrival. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two things that would have really taught them a lesson. Stay in the Hummer, and have them take you away in an ambulance with a back injury. Kiddies would have shut up really quick.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

SDH3 is off the scale

Nice move on getting a better price!
Old 02-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hummerman 5150 is off the scale

How about some Pics of those marker lights

Victory Red with all the chrome and options
Old 02-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

awsome mini-van kill great job
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-14-2006, 03:21 AM

ctslicker is off the scale

great move Mike. I had mine put on last weekend. paid 660 including tax... definitly worth the investment.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely worth every penny. I got mine installed yesterday and they look great. I was surprised how much bigger it looks with them on.

Great story to. Glad you and the H3 are OK.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

ctslicker
Elcova Newbie
Posted Feb 14, 12:21 AM
great move Mike. I had mine put on last weekend. paid 660 including tax... definitly worth the investment.

So is $660 a good price installed from dealer.
Im going ask them at next service what they charge.But im still debating to get those or the off road lights.I like the look of the running lights but the off road lights will give usable light in storms and night offroading.Or ever night driving down deserted roads.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Chip is off the scale

Take a look at the high output roof lights. They look cool and are really light up the night when your 4-wheeling. They also make the same lights and put them just above the fog lights so you can also put on the marker lights. You can also really get back at people that won't dim their brights, but don't do it to a cop.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:48 PM

ctslicker is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
ctslicker
Elcova Newbie
Posted Feb 14, 12:21 AM

So is $660 a good price installed from dealer.
Im going ask them at next service what they charge.But im still debating to get those or the off road lights.I like the look of the running lights but the off road lights will give usable light in storms and night offroading.Or ever night driving down deserted roads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think 660 is relatively a good deal. I ve heard some people got theirs installed under 600 but that was at the time of purchase and with the whole thing worked into the deal. if you are installing it after the fact, you would be hard pressed to find a deal under 700. As for visibility, i get plenty of coverage with headlight+fog lights. you can always install after market fog lights on the grille if you need more. personally i prefer marker lights over offroad lights just because of the looks. but lets face it, most of us do these things for looks first, practicality second..
Old 02-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

humdoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had mine installed and it cost $695.00 complete. Looks great.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:27 PM

Aqualight is off the scale

Where did you guys buy the actual lights from?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:33 PM

I bought the lights from the dealer. I had them repair the cracked trim at the same time.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2006, 08:52 PM

Surferjo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ctslicker:
but lets face it, most of us do these things for looks first, practicality second.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good point. I don’t know what it is about the marker lights but whenever I see them on an H2 it just makes me think of a school bus.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Surferjo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ctslicker:
but lets face it, most of us do these things for looks first, practicality second.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good point. I don’t know what it is about the marker lights but whenever I see them on an H2 it just makes me think of a school bus.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, at least on the yellow ones

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ma\'Deuce is off the scale

surferjo, thanks man. I was all set to have the dealer add those cool marker lights until your school bus pic. Maybe it won't look too bad on a black one though.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Steve - SanJose

Yea marker lights are a form of bling without the chrome. I like them but will probably wait until I'm sure the wind noise problem is fixed.

S.