H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Elcova Rookie

Cuddles is off the scale
Default Crazy Wipers

First time poster - frequent reader - Canadian purchaser.

The wipers and washer fluid motor on my 03 H2 have gone nuts. Been reading the posts on the forum and they have been very helpful - and indicate that it is not an uncommon problem and stems from the module. However, speaking with GM customer service (Canadian) shows that there was a recall (that did not apply to my VIN) for 03 for the washer motor; not the module (and I remember that the dealer did replace the motor at one time). Two things - how do I determine if it is the module or the motor (I don't want to pay $800 - $1000 for something that won't fix the problem); and does anyone know the true cost of the fix? - I've found listings for the module at $8, but then people saying that its cost them $800 at the dealer (incl. labour of course) to replace it. It might seem I'm cheap here, but I'm so sick of the attitude at the dealer that they don't deserve a penny in my mind.) Also, anyone able to verify or suggest why the US recall was for the module and the Canadian for the motor - surely to hell its the same part and should be the same recall!!!

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crazy Wipers

The motor will not come on unless the module tells it to, so if your wipers are coming on by themselves something is telling them to. Module. The module can also affect rear wiper operation.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Might check for water in the module. Found some in mine and when removed the wipers started working again. Pictures in this post....
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29583

Good luck, Easy Ed
Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

mine have " gliched" a couple of times. once it was on high and didn't want to shut off after turning the wiper to "off". another time the delay was going along fine and I bumped up to Low and it just stayed in delay, once I cycled the key off it was fine. hasn't done it in months.. I would suspect its a issue with input signal from the switch on the colume. I have seen other GM products do simular stuff. the biggest issue on the older stuff is the "Park switch" it goes bad and won't sence the bottom of the stroke so as to stop the wiper trans in the right spot.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 12-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti
mine have " gliched" a couple of times. once it was on high and didn't want to shut off after turning the wiper to "off". another time the delay was going along fine and I bumped up to Low and it just stayed in delay, once I cycled the key off it was fine. hasn't done it in months.. I would suspect its a issue with input signal from the switch on the colume. I have seen other GM products do simular stuff. the biggest issue on the older stuff is the "Park switch" it goes bad and won't sence the bottom of the stroke so as to stop the wiper trans in the right spot.

I agree....havent had the issue with the H2 but have on the silverados....

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Elcova Rookie

Cuddles is off the scale

thanks for the help - module it is, can anyone confirm that the part is $550 - also, any instruction on getting the cowl off - i'm moderately fix-it but lack body shop tools and don't want to cost myself more than its worth to take it to the dealer - again, thanks for the help!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Pain in the butt to remove the cowl. Clips are really tight and usually break when they are removed. I would suggest the dealer, should onlt be about an hour charge. As far as the price, not sure never priced one out all the ones i have replaced were during their warranty period.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Elcova Newbie

Nikko is off the scale

I just bought the wiper control module for mine. The cost was $105.00 from the GM Dealer. Thiere are instructions on how to remove the cowl in another post on this site around the wipers as well. Its not that bad but you probably will break a clip or two, which I did, but did not effect things too much.. Good luck