H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-29-2005, 06:21 PM

captainmike is off the scale

I was looking to replace my headlights with HID's. The Delta kit seems to be easy to do. ANybody have any luck with others? anything good or bad to say about the delta's? ANy suggestions about wiring, I have seen some thoughts that i need to upgrade the headlight harnesses?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:21 PM

I was looking to replace my headlights with HID's. The Delta kit seems to be easy to do. ANybody have any luck with others? anything good or bad to say about the delta's? ANy suggestions about wiring, I have seen some thoughts that i need to upgrade the headlight harnesses?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike, here's a link to a bunch of info and reviews. Hope it helps get you started.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=search&reqWords=hid&...rum_scope=67060117 51
Old 07-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

I have Super Vision HID Kit. VERY NICE!!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:26 AM

Ken,
THanks I went through all of those postes and the most recent was over a year ago. I was hoping that there might be some newer kits or other options.
I was hoping i could do the conversion myself becuase it would be mostly plug and play...like putting in the silverstar lights i have now.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:29 AM

James,
How long have you had those in? it looks like just a bulb conversion ( with ballast etc), How hard were they to put in? DO your stock wires get hot? hows the light compared to stock? have you compared to silver stars?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:53 PM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by captainmike:
James,
How long have you had those in? it looks like just a bulb conversion ( with ballast etc), How hard were they to put in? DO your stock wires get hot? hows the light compared to stock? have you compared to silver stars? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It took me about 1.5 hours to install the Delta Hi/Lo HID headlight package. This includes replacing the headight housing/bulb assemblies, routing the wiring, mounting the ballasts, etc. It isn't exactly "plug & play" as you have to connect the ballast to a direct power source & to a ground, but the instructions, if needed, are good. The results are well worth the cost & effort. I can see at night as well in my H2 as with the factory HID's in my M3, which is very good BTW. I also have a set of Sylvania X1010 HID's that are superb. These are designed to run with your low-beam head lights & throw a wide beam with a sharp cutoff. Well worth the money & easy to install on any grill guard. Good luck.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

i got the slyvania hid xarnic and i think they are awesome headlights. they have all new lights high and lows too.. easy install about an hour tops with minor tools.. a dremil would help a little
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 08-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had these in for 6 months now with no problems. I did not install them though my installes tells me its quite easy. You cant compair these to stock...VERY BRIGHT. Its a white light and not the standard yellowed tint..<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by captainmike:
James,
How long have you had those in? it looks like just a bulb conversion ( with ballast etc), How hard were they to put in? DO your stock wires get hot? hows the light compared to stock? have you compared to silver stars? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-02-2005, 04:23 PM

greenhummer is off the scale

I got the kit from http://www.predatormotorsports.com installed on my '05 H2. It rocks. HID on both Hi/Lo. Connects to the existing plugs so cutting wires is not necessary. Very bright and focussed beam. Looks cool. I'm used to my BMW M5's HIDs so the stock headlights sucked big-time after buying the car.

Greemhummer.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:21 PM

DH22
DO you know what model your lights were. I think the newer version all have hi/low and wanted to get that option. DId you upgrade your wiring or were you able to connect to stock?
Old 08-05-2005, 07:25 PM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by captainmike:
DH22
DO you know what model your lights were. I think the newer version all have hi/low and wanted to get that option. DId you upgrade your wiring or were you able to connect to stock? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Whether you're wanting to upgrade your lighting by replacing the entire headlight unit with a properly designed HID headlight, or simply throw an HID capsule in the piece of crap OEM light you'll have to use the stock wiring AND upgrade the wiring feeding the HID's. The factory wiring will be used to send power to the relays which will use the larger "upgraded" wiring to energize the HID's.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:06 AM

Word of warning about the Xenarc's: they are only HID on lo-beam. Just regular halogen on hi-beam.

I physically examined the Xenarc's and can say that they don't come close (in quality of craftsmanship) to the predatormotorsports kit. I have nothing to do with Predator. Just love good products.

The Delta's are HID on LO and HI beam. The predator kit has a very focussed beam - great cutoff that is a true indicator of how good a HID set is. Oh, and the illumination is awesome. Only problem is the price - a bit expensive. But as always: you get what you pay for.

Greenhummer '05 Lux
Old 08-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Hummer Novice

ira is off the scale

i had slyvania xarnic hid kit. came with low only hid and pair of lense units. hi beam is h3 hologen. i was very disappointed of its quality. it has very narrow lighting are like poor spot lights. also too many hot spots, no i should say few hot spots with too many dark area. i couldnt stand so i had take it off. now i have 35w, 6000k hb5 hid kit. hi and low. replaces factory bulb with hid uses factroy lense. i bought it from here. http://www.88house.com/loud.htm
its exelent. i love it. very white and bright. lights up entire front area with no hot spots. very easy to install too.
now they have 55w coming out even brighter.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:08 PM

took a closer look at my predator HID light setup today -- which was fortunate. Found that one of the ballasts had not been properly mounted. It was only stuck on and had fallen down: swinging around loose next to the fan belt!!!!

So, got the right screws and secured the ballast like the dealership should have. The ballast is secured on the plastic fan shroud - no grounding issues. Also secured the two relays as well as they were just hanging loose flopping around! Real smart work by the dealer. Then got out some nylon ties to secure the additional wiring.

Other than that (glad the ballast did not wind up in the fan belt while on a drive), things seem to be fine now. Like I indicated in an earlier post the existing harness plugs into the predator kit. You hook up the two fused relays to the battery and secure the ballasts to the fan shroud. Then there is just some wiring to run which does not really stand out (given the H2's original harness.

Greenhummer '05 Lux