H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-07-2003, 09:53 PM

Jigga is off the scale

I've placed an order for a set but they're out of stock at every warehouse and are on backorder at the factory. My dealer can't get an estimate on arrival time. I can't decide to wait for these or go for the BFG MT's. Anyone else having trouble trying to get these tires?

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:53 PM

Jigga is off the scale

I've placed an order for a set but they're out of stock at every warehouse and are on backorder at the factory. My dealer can't get an estimate on arrival time. I can't decide to wait for these or go for the BFG MT's. Anyone else having trouble trying to get these tires?

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:03 PM

buddy is off the scale

I heard they are impossible to find and are backordered nationwide.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait for the MTRs. They're much better than the MTs. Go to www.tirerack.com They should have them.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:24 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I ordered a set on 8-25 and they installed them on 8-26. They are great and I couldn't be happier. I bought them at Discount Tire. they are not in MS but go to www.tires.com and have them shipped they are around 221 with free shipping. Good luck and if I can help drop me an e-mail.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Tires around the corner from my warehouse is selling them at $195 and yes they had them in stock.

Does anyone have a pic with these on their H2? What does it do for the performance off-road? Are the wells big enough for this tire? Questions may sound stupid but why waste $800 if you're not sure.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:57 PM

CronusTRD is an unknown quantity at this point

They are on National Back Order due to the operations overseas...They are finally starting production again..

i had difficulties tracking down 37/12.5/15,

Definitely not an H2!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

PhilD,

Thanks for the pic. It's a little hard to get perspective on the size but I think I got the idea. The grill was actually the most eye grabbing, especially on the white. Very cool!
Old 09-10-2003, 01:29 AM

Apex IV is off the scale

If you can handle the extra width, you may want to consider the DC FC II 37 x 13.50 x 17's. I just put a set on mine and have returned from a 4,200 mile trip. No problems and a better ride (better traction, too) than I had with the 37 x 12.50 x 17's I had on my first H2. Will try to post pictures of 3 or our units tomorrow - one with stock, one with 37 x 12.50 x 17's and mine with the 37 x 13.50 x 17's. All I had to do was to crank up the torsion bars a bit to get them to work OK. Didn't have to do that on the BFG 37's, but then the BFG's were only 36.3" tall vs. the FC II's which measure 37.1" tall and fill out the wheel wells nicely. Could have done without the "DC" logo on the side though - LOL.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
Old 09-10-2003, 01:19 PM

Apex IV is off the scale

Phil:

Understood and agreed. I wanted to let things settle a bit before tweaking. I think that things are pretty well settled in after a 4,200 mile trip... :-) Now that I'm back, I'm going to tweak it some and then have it realigned. I have very slight rubbing on my sway bar and the rear portion of the driver's side frame rail. I hope that shaving the (IMHO obnoxious) "DC" logo will eliminate some of that, but I suspect that the extra width is the problem. I bought these tires as an experiment - to see if I want them on my SUT, which will be heavily modified, but street-worthy. I'm thinking that I'll need wheels with more offset (1/2" - 3/4"), but the 13.50's fill out my wheel well now, and I've got extended fender flares, so I'll want to be picky on wheels, etc. I like the "sleeper" look - something that looks stock to the untrained eye... :-)

When you coming up this way again? My wife was chagrined when she learned that yours attended the dinner. She thought she'd be out of place there. I'm sure she would have enjoyed talking with y'all since she grew up in Corpus and since all our family has moved from there, we never go there anymore... :-(

I think you and I are in the definite minority of being former H1 owners (when they were jut "Hummers" - LOL)

-Randall Garrett-
Old 09-10-2003, 01:49 PM

ticket2ride is off the scale

What's a "DC FC II" ??? What company makes these?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

Randall,
Glad to hear you made the trip O.K. - - Did you stop and get your Mexican Food fix??

I'd love to see some pics of your tires. Any of Colorado as well.

I'm going to throw my ignorance out here, what Brand is DC FC II?

Anyway thanks - - enjoyed meeting and talking last month in S.A.

John

P.S. Buckeye - here is a link to another section of the forum that show some different shots of the 37" MTR's. Hope it helps

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=2606011751&m=551604050 3
Old 09-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

Duh -- Sorry Phil I just read the end of your post - - never mind
Old 09-11-2003, 03:01 PM

Apex IV is off the scale

Here are a few pictures I snapped yesterday. Sorry about the quality. The lens fogged up when I went outside, plus they are reduced. I can take some more (better?) pictures if anyone wants them.

-Randall Garrett
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2003, 03:08 PM

Apex IV is off the scale

Here are a couple more of the Dick Cepek Fun Country II tires @ 37" x 13.50" x 17"

-Randall Garrett-
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2003, 04:16 PM
Tucson Beast

Hi ApexIV

Thank you foe your pictures on all three different tires. It shows me that if you want a "beefy" tire for the H2 the 37-13.5-17 is the one. It looks like it fills the well and stick out a few inches more from fender. Please tell me (with both 37") what you did to the H2 after you put these tires on in terms of:realiment/speedometer/gear ratios/computer changes - I mean can you just stick these larger tires on the rig and not do anything else?

BTW - your rear spoiler look fantastic - I have a black one on my Black/white color orientation - However I like the matching color spoiler (white on my rig would not look that great).

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden