H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Elcova Rookie

rescuesyou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cheap alpha

I know I am new to this forum but I am always up for calling someone's bs. I also emailed the seller. Said I was interested, blah, blah, need vin# for carfax. His reply was almost the same as Adam's but he had a different job.

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.
I am working for a construction company and I was stationed in US the last 7 years, but I have to move to Australia. This is why I am selling the car.
The car is bought and registered in US, on my name, and I tried to take it with me to Sidney, but it looks like I cannot register it here. Actually, I can, but the taxes would be huge, so I would rather sell it back to US.

Regarding the car, it is in perfect condition, no accidents, no problems, no dents, not even a scratch, has a clear title and a clear carfax report. One owner, non-smoker, perfect interior condition. I kept it in the garage all the time.

Right now, the car in a wharehouse of the shipping company I used to have the car brought here and I will also use this company to have the car sent to the buyer. No extra cost for shipping, I already made all arrangements and paid their services.
If you are interested in buying it at the instant buy price, please let me know with your shipping info(full name and address) so I can finish the shipping arrangements and initiate the transaction using eBay.
No montly payments, no other hidden taxes or anything. Just the price on eBay.
As for the price, it is low because I got the car without having to pay any taxes at all, and with a discount and also I want to sell it quickly, so I have to sell at a lower price than normal.

Can we discuss this by email ? I would much rather communicate like this for the moment since I don't have a phone yet here.

Regards
Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Done this song and dance before with same type offer even hqad to do email because of no phone. It was on east coast and offered to fly and meet him at his bank so they could sign off and do notary on paperwork and I'm off on my way.

HE messed around a little and then said he hauls and if client leaves vehicle unpaid he get's it but, i would have to deal with getting lost title. I said OK so i have to deal with adding and abiding a theft contrived by you. This was said after a week of emails and trying to get him to name bank he used so i could speak to them about handling paperwork.

I messed with another guy for a while that used almost word for word this guy is using for Australia except in USA. I cannot imagine why a person could be so stupid as to not find out if the country being shipped to would lic. it or what needed to be done before he paid the big shipping fees to get the rig to Australia.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

That's ironic...when he replied to me he was serving in an Ambassador role down under. $100 says he's some Nigerian that's also pedaling cell phones and has an long lost relative that now needs an account to secretly move $9 billion in camel dung out of his country and you can keep 10%.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohead
Does HummBob own an H1?!

Nope!!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah. It came from:

Ralph baddit [ralfhabif@yahoo.com]
Old 02-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

I fell for a scam five years ago where I paid for an item using PayPal and the company did not deliver. (The purchase was not initiated on eBay, but through a forum.) In their defence, I have spoken to others that bought from them in the past, but around the time that I made my purchase, the company went bankrupt.

The morale of the story -- this one, not mine -- is that if you see something on eBay, purchase through eBay. If someone asks you to submit payment outside of eBay, you are on your own if the deal goes bad.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boar-Ral
I fell for a scam five years ago where I paid for an item using PayPal and the company did not deliver. (The purchase was not initiated on eBay, but through a forum.) In their defence, I have spoken to others that bought from them in the past, but around the time that I made my purchase, the company went bankrupt.

The morale of the story -- this one, not mine -- is that if you see something on eBay, purchase through eBay. If someone asks you to submit payment outside of eBay, you are on your own if the deal goes bad.
Even eBay is none too helpful when purchasing things through them and PayPal (which is an eBay company)...they only refund a portion of the monies paid after taking their 'processing' fees and such. You're much better off using a credit card through PayPal and you can dispute directly with the credit card company. On any large purchase I would arrange to meet the person at a bank so they can have the appropriate paperwork signed and notarized and you can give them payment there.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah
Even eBay is none too helpful when purchasing things through them and PayPal (which is an eBay company)...they only refund a portion of the monies paid after taking their 'processing' fees and such. You're much better off using a credit card through PayPal and you can dispute directly with the credit card company. On any large purchase I would arrange to meet the person at a bank so they can have the appropriate paperwork signed and notarized and you can give them payment there.
That is an idea. It might be more difficult when purchasing something like this, though. Though I guess it is cheaper to fly to wherever and find out the person is a scam than to sign your life away!