H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-01-2005, 02:48 AM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

This is a quick note for all, I was buying the new jeep cherokee, with the v8hemi, (till I got wind of the H3) now only 5 months after its release deals are spinning wild. My best lease quote was 550.00 per month with 1200.00 down most were pushing 600.00. Now you can get in one loaded for 470.00 per month with less down. and maybe less as time winds down, the hype is over and the roads are full of the body style and the dealers are looking to unload. for memorial day the sales, had deals like crazy > ulmost made me rethink But its the H3 for me.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2forMe is off the scale

since the sales on the H2 are not doing so well and based on what I read from other users, there are deals on them, would anyone consider an H2 over the H3? I mean if what they are posting is correct, and the H2 payments seem to be same or lower than what they are asking for the H3, then why not get an H2?
Old 06-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaybeH3:
since the sales on the H2 are not doing so well and based on what I read from other users, there are deals on them, would anyone consider an H2 over the H3? I mean if what they are posting is correct, and the H2 payments seem to be same or lower than what they are asking for the H3, then why not get an H2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two words: GAS PRICES!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

If I could get an H2 for what I am willing to pay on an H3, then I would more than likely do it. Gas prices would be the bigest factor other than the monthly price. The H2 would have to be close to $400/month which I have not seen.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-01-2005, 04:53 PM

lexpro is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baby_hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You guys need to be asking what the money factor is,price of the car after taxes and fees,and the residual is on the leases to determine if you are getting a deal or the shaft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan: Can you explain the money factor in layman's terms?

[edited]
I just saw your other post explaining your personal financing. I then went to the GMAC website and worked through the SmartBuy example.

NOW, I get it.

Depending on the deal, you pay less up front. You may pay more on the back end if you decide to refinance the remaining amount. However, because the present value of money > future value of money, you're better off with that money now rather than later.

Question: are you accumulating equity with SmartBuy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry for the late response...money factor is amount you are paying the lease company for use of the car every month(profit)it can equate to it to an interest rate by multiplying it by 2.3,

My last lease i had a 48 month lease on a lexus sc430 and i traded with no negative equity on the 31st month...IMHO you can trade out usually your last year with no negative equity as long as the miles are avg and car has no paintwork or previous body damage(I traded my 05 SUT with 5k earlier this year and got 49k for it and bought another same equipment for 49k with zero miles so i zero'd out my miles and kept my payoff the same)Overall i dont care to accumulate equity in a depriciating asset...i would rather pay a fixed amount per month to drive what i want and not put my money in a car.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2forMe is off the scale

This what they told me today...

H3

"If you lease for 36 months/12k miles per yr, your payments will be 639 + tax with 1319 total due @ signing."

NOT...
Old 06-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaybeH3:
This what they told me today...

H3

"If you lease for 36 months/12k miles per yr, your payments will be 639 + tax with 1319 total due @ signing."

NOT... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No F***ING WAY I am doing that. I will get an H2 for less before I pay anywhere near that to lease an H3.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:59 PM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaybeH3

How can they justify asking that for a 30K vehicle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hot new vehicle. Leases are high, just like no negotiation off sticker price. If you can hang for 6 months, you can get yourself a better deal. Question is, can you wait, or are you a gotta have it now kinda person?
Old 06-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Hummer Guru

I personally am a gotta have it now kind of guy but not at those prices

Old 06-06-2005, 10:21 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MUH_HUM:[quote]

[quote]Question is, can you wait, or are you a gotta have it now kinda person? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am a "gotta have it now" kind of person....provided I don't have to bend over, and K-Y is not involved
Old 06-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RT0870:
....provided I don't have to bend over, and K-Y is not involved </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't matter if the K-Y is involved or not, I am not bending over for it

Old 06-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

My dealer quoted me 699 for a 205 SUT loaded for a 36 month lease and 12K per year....only closing costs to be paid
Old 06-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Hummer Guru

That doesn't seem very good with the employee pricing program going on. I know someone got his 05 SUV earlier this year with nothing down, 36 months and is only paying about $600/month.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2forMe is off the scale

they told me this for the H2...

Because of the current promotions on the H2, the leases are a better value: The base model that we discussed will only cost 675 + tax on the 36 mo lease with 1018 total @ delivery.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Hummer Guru

Not very good. The above post was about an H2. $600 a month before this latest promo came out.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

Has anyone gotten a lease yet please post your payment info, is everybody buying this thig out right leasing just seems smarter, new car every 3 years and a new payment, vehicles are not investments so why buy it. Say you buy at 35000.00 own for two years and sell it for maybe 25000.00 the 10,000.. you lost is about $416.00 per month so whats the differnce, you put up your cash first and still end up lossing the 10K lease or purchase. Thats just the cost of using the vehicle, you will always have that unless you keep it for more then 5 years. after 5 years you will be looking at new again, why give them your money up front invest the 25K and just make the car payments.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:33 AM

Holliday is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oneworld:
Has anyone gotten a lease yet please post your payment info, is everybody buying this thig out right leasing just seems smarter, new car every 3 years and a new payment, vehicles are not investments so why buy it. Say you buy at 35000.00 own for two years and sell it for maybe 25000.00 the 10,000.. you lost is about $416.00 per month so whats the differnce, you put up your cash first and still end up lossing the 10K lease or purchase. Thats just the cost of using the vehicle, you will always have that unless you keep it for more then 5 years. after 5 years you will be looking at new again, why give them your money up front invest the 25K and just make the car payments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only reason I purchase vs lease (SmartBuy in NY)is that I hate writing another check every month (lazy) and I won't give GMAC direct access to my bank account. If GMAC would charge my GM Card monthly for the payment, I'd consider the SmartBuy program, but they won't do it. Other than that, I agree with you completely if you can live with the mileage restrictions.