H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Xenowulf is off the scale

I've got these new light bars for the H2 which mount to the front grill and doesn't need the brush guards..
Below is a link to the ebay sale. Let me know what you guys think of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554599295&catego ry=42611&sspagename=WDVW
Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

I've got these new light bars for the H2 which mount to the front grill and doesn't need the brush guards..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554599295&catego ry=42611&sspagename=WDVW
Old 06-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

Has any one got an opinion?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Looks kinda like the Warn Bar. How does it attach?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Looks kinda like the Warn Bar. How does it attach? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It fits to the hood hinge where the factory brush guard would go.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
It's a good idea, but to me the four extra lights don't look right without a brush guard, but that's just my persoanl taste.

The $200 price tag is very high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really do think that the brush guard is very much a personal taste. I've talked to people (none Hummer owners) and I would say its about a 50 / 50 split on liking or disliking the brush guard.

One thing everyone was agreeing on was that they liked the look of the lights only, they said it gave it a kind of rally look.
(I guess like the Baja of Paris to Dakar race vehicles).

As far a the price goes the bar is made with high grade 1/4 inch steel. You can hang on it and bounce up and down. It won't move. Not like the brush guard which flexes on the brackets. It also has a channel on the back of it to neatly hide the wires away. It is finally sand blasted for powder coating or acid dipped for chroming.

I hope that explains why the price. (Which I think is still kind of cheap.)
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xenowulf:
I really do think that the brush guard is very much a personal taste. I've talked to people (none Hummer owners) and I would say its about a 50 / 50 split on liking or disliking the brush guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Like I said it is my personal taste, so it's kind of irrelevant, but as you asked for opinions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As far a the price goes the bar is made with high grade 1/4 inch steel. You can hang on it and bounce up and down. It won't move. Not like the brush guard which flexes on the brackets. It also has a channel on the back of it to neatly hide the wires away. It is finally sand blasted for powder coating or acid dipped for chroming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm just tight

Sounds like a lot of work goes into them though and I'm pretty sure there will be a good market for them. Nice to see new practical H2 products. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know I like to hear comment good or bad, and I'm glad you stated it the way you see it. Thats the only way I can really see if what I did was worth it or not...

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Xeno: The pic above, is it your truck? Looks like this same spot. If so, did you see the H3's there?

BTW, I like the little light bar.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome! And the brackets look vaguely familiar. Great job, E. It's a very clean look without the grille guard. I really like it.

Don't get my wrong, I love my 2-tier, but I like the way the 4 aux lights look like they line up horizontally with the headlights. Very, very sharp looking! The price of $200 is fair in the world of MSRP. If a dealer were to offer it on a new H2, they would charge much more. But in the universe of cheap bastards like myself, with Warn's street price being $125 or so, yours is a tough sell at $200. You seem to have demonstrable value above the Warn, and people like paying a little more for something that's a lot better. So if your street price ends up being $135 to $150 and the added value over the Warn is made really clear, I think you have a good shot at being the next baby mogul. Really nice job, either way!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Xeno: The pic above, is it your truck? Looks like this same spot. If so, did you see the H3's there?

BTW, I like the little light bar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was there on Sunday afternoon, as I was signing up at the desk they drove off with it and never came back.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
Awesome! And the brackets look vaguely familiar. Great job, E. It's a very clean look without the grille guard. I really like it.

Don't get my wrong, I love my 2-tier, but I like the way the 4 aux lights look like they line up horizontally with the headlights. Very, very sharp looking! The price of $200 is fair in the world of MSRP. If a dealer were to offer it on a new H2, they would charge much more. But in the universe of cheap bastards like myself, with Warn's street price being $125 or so, yours is a tough sell at $200. You seem to have demonstrable value above the Warn, and people like paying a little more for something that's a lot better. So if your street price ends up being $135 to $150 and the added value over the Warn is made really clear, I think you have a good shot at being the next baby mogul. Really nice job, either way! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the input, I'm glad you like it (it was originally born from a grill guard you knew well). What I think that will give this bar the value I'm asking for is that it's got more steel on it than the Warn,(because the Warn bolts onto the grill guard and this on actually bolts onto the body). Also if you remember when we met, you showed me you new grill guard and the additional bracket you had installed because the guard would flex when you put some weight on it. Well on my one I fixed that problem. I found out the reason that it was flexing was because the steel they use for the bracket is to thin and it actually starts to tweak where the 90 deg. bend is. It only takes a 1/16 thicker steel and it won't do that.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

EXCELLENT!
Old 06-08-2005, 03:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Has any one got an opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like how it looks. If I didn't have my 2-tier+Warn bar, most definitely would look into it, probably at a price point of $150 though.

Good job & good luck!
Old 06-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sclui56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Has any one got an opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like how it looks. If I didn't have my 2-tier+Warn bar, most definitely would look into it, probably at a price point of $150 though.

Good job & good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for you comments

You know its amazing how quick your costs go up. The core materials are not that expensive, but getting them laser cut, bent, curling steel plates, welding, powder coating, and so on, even making them in big numbers the cost really dose climb. When I first thought of this, I had no doubt I could make it for about $100.00 or around that. But now I've been through it I know better. But Hey just today I was looking around for a dual battery tray for my H2 and I couldn't believe their prices. (Almost $500.00 for a tray, a strap and two bolts) Holly S@!t http://www.wranglernw.com/commerce/I...emNo=100%2D600
Old 06-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xenowulf:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554599295&catego ry=42611&sspagename=WDVW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like the look of the light bar. This is actually the look that I've been looking for. I might be willing to pay the $200 if shipping is included.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
2024 GMC Sierra AT4X HD
2024 GMC Hummer EV 2X SUV
Old 06-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CBR_Raven:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554599295&catego ry=42611&sspagename=WDVW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I like the look of the light bar. This is actually the look that I've been looking for. I might be willing to pay the $200 if shipping is included. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a H2 Source forum member that is not a problem, just let me know if you want a smooth or textured powered coating.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:24 AM

h2sin is off the scale

cleaner look to it, me like

price is ok
Old 06-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

If anyone would like to buy the light bar I will wave the shipping. Just PM me.