H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-13-2005, 06:58 AM

Nasser is off the scale

Nice H2 site, good job. I have a problem with my H2. I bought mine a year ago and last month the speedometer stuck. I took it to the dealer and they kept it for 2 weeks and fixed it. The problem is that before they fixed it I was able to turn off the headlights at night by turning the knob left or right. Now I can not turn them off no matter what it is fully automatic now. I asked the dealer and they said that when they fixed my cluster they updated the software and that GM had changed the setting of automatic headlights to be on all the time at night without the driver being able to shut it off. the same goes for DRL, its always on at day time and you can not do anything about it. anyone have this problem?! I didn't buy what the dealer said! I thought that they messed up somewhere and they probably don't know how to fix it!

Another problem I have is the noise the chassis makewhen I start moving or when I hit the brakes. They told me that there are 12 dampers that like the chassis to the main body of the truck and that when the car move they make friction and make that noise. They told me that this is common and GM said that there is no solution for this problem!

Thank you all

2004 Red H2, 40,000 Kilometers, fully loaded.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:58 AM

Nasser is off the scale

Nice H2 site, good job. I have a problem with my H2. I bought mine a year ago and last month the speedometer stuck. I took it to the dealer and they kept it for 2 weeks and fixed it. The problem is that before they fixed it I was able to turn off the headlights at night by turning the knob left or right. Now I can not turn them off no matter what it is fully automatic now. I asked the dealer and they said that when they fixed my cluster they updated the software and that GM had changed the setting of automatic headlights to be on all the time at night without the driver being able to shut it off. the same goes for DRL, its always on at day time and you can not do anything about it. anyone have this problem?! I didn't buy what the dealer said! I thought that they messed up somewhere and they probably don't know how to fix it!

Another problem I have is the noise the chassis makewhen I start moving or when I hit the brakes. They told me that there are 12 dampers that like the chassis to the main body of the truck and that when the car move they make friction and make that noise. They told me that this is common and GM said that there is no solution for this problem!

Thank you all

Old 07-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Hummm....Never heard of that one. Tell them to re-reprogram the lights if that is really the case. They have reprogramed my vehicle numerous times and I still have the off feature...seems to me that is would be built into the switch and not a programable feature. I will be furious if they do that to mine...I use the shut-off all the time to turn off the DRL's in the daytime...since my DRL's are really fog/driving lights that I use for nights and cloudy days.

"Another problem" Oh....so you have a lame dealer like many of us when it comes to fixing noises. Tell them to lube/tighten the dampers. The truck should not sound like a cheapy vehicle when starting/stopping....unless it's a cool sound! The solution is to listen to the customer and fix the problem...what is it with these dealers anyway!?!?! They are wrong...make them fix the noise issue.

Ric
Old 07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

It took my local dealer 5or 6 times before they finally listened to the problem, and fixed my temp gauge...

My vehicle has all the updates, and I can still turn the headlights off at night...

'03 H2
Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Nasser:

Welcome to the site. I've gotten a huge amount of good info from these guys in the short time I've had my H2.

Just curious. I know it gets pretty hot in Kuwait. How does the H2 air conditioning and engine cooling system do under those circumstances? Also, do you drive your H2 off road in the heat? If so, once again, how does the AC and engine cooling hold up.

Best regards,

George
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 07-13-2005, 06:37 PM

Nasser is off the scale

GeorgeSSSS,
Here in Kuwait it gets to 122F regularly from Jun to mid Sept. I bough my first H2 from the States on Feb 2004 and I got my current H2 from the dealer in kuwait on May 2004 and they say it is configured for hot climate which I never believed. Both behaved the same during the hot weather. Sometimes at noon when I stop for more than 5 min the temp guage goes just above 210F or 100C. The dealer told me its normal and in case it overheated and something got damaged they will fix under warranty it no matter how much it cost. I never tried going off road during summer timecause its not nice. you don't want to be in the desert during summer in kuwait, believe me
I will tell you this though. Last Dec. we had a major thunderstorm that flooded the streets with more than 4 feet of water. I was going to work that morning while it was raining. I was going through flooded streets with trouble, I drove for almost a mile in 4 feet of water and helped stuck Land Cruisers, Suburbans, and all kind of small cars. I wish I recorded this but I didn't. I have an interesting clip of H2 going through water, give your email if you want to watch it.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Amazing the things you learn here. The guy from the desert is more impressed with his H2 in deep water than in desert heat. As ususal, my assumptions are all wrong.

I'm sending you my e-mail in a private message. But why don't you link your video to the site? (I don't know how to do it or I would tell you.) I think everyone would really like to see it.

Best regards,

George
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 07-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nasser:
GeorgeSSSS,
Here in Kuwait it gets to 122F regularly from Jun to mid Sept. I bough my first H2 from the States on Feb 2004 and I got my current H2 from the dealer in kuwait on May 2004 and they say it is configured for hot climate which I never believed. Both behaved the same during the hot weather. Sometimes at noon when I stop for more than 5 min the temp guage goes just above 210F or 100C. The dealer told me its normal and in case it overheated and something got damaged they will fix under warranty it no matter how much it cost. I never tried going off road during summer timecause its not nice. you don't want to be in the desert during summer in kuwait, believe me
I will tell you this though. Last Dec. we had a major thunderstorm that flooded the streets with more than 4 feet of water. I was going to work that morning while it was raining. I was going through flooded streets with trouble, I drove for almost a mile in 4 feet of water and helped stuck Land Cruisers, Suburbans, and all kind of small cars. I wish I recorded this but I didn't. I have an interesting clip of H2 going through water, give your email if you want to watch it.

4'? How'd you get in & out of your H2?
Do you have a picture of your H2? What part of Kuwait do you live in?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 AM

Nasser is off the scale

DRTYFN,
most of the floods happened at the streets because many streets storm drains are blocked by sand and dirt during heavy rain. I was lucky to live on an area more than 50 feet above sea level, this helped my house stay dry. I just took some pictures, I will post pictures later today.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:10 AM

Nasser is off the scale

Some asked for my hummer pictures. Unfortunatily I didn't have time to add some cool stuff to it such as chrome accessories. and because I am going to the States to do my graduate studies I will have to sell it in 2 weeks max
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2005, 10:12 AM

Nasser is off the scale

This picture is for you who never saw it before
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2005, 05:20 AM

Nasser is off the scale

Good news. I took my H2 to the dealer this morning and I had the manager check this popping noise. They asked me to bring it next saturday and they will remove and check the frame insulators one by one. As you see from the attached pictures, these insulators number are 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and the bolts number 11. I hope this will do it. I will keep you updated.
Attached Images