H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HERE ARE YOU AT FSTOP

Ok, unlike me, I have been patiently waiting for my new roof rails as I have talked about a dozen times hereon the forum. The dealer, WRIGHT Hummer, is claiming the new parts will not be out until the end of the 3rd quarter. I would like to make one trip to get the roof rails, the recalled jack, my vents aligned, the broken shock (most likely) fixed, and tires rotated I am quickly losing faith in this dealership to even give me truthful information. Just verify for me the new rails are out before I give them a dose of anger. Thanks.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HERE ARE YOU AT FSTOP

My roof rails were replaced in june the dealer had no problem getting them? They also replaced the ones along side the windshield.Nice tight fit
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

How many do you want?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

Nav4-NEOCON1 is off the scale

Don't forget to fill out the lil survey they send you after you have service, I know that ours are read. Good luck to ya Our dealer has bent over backwards for us, we're pretty lucky I guess.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

That sux!
I had mine done a week after I bought her. No problems getting the part.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 09-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
Ok, unlike me, I have been patiently waiting for my new roof rails as I have talked about a dozen times hereon the forum. The dealer, WRIGHT Hummer, is claiming the new parts will not be out until the end of the 3rd quarter. I would like to make one trip to get the roof rails, the recalled jack, my vents aligned, the broken shock (most likely) fixed, and tires rotated I am quickly losing faith in this dealership to even give me truthful information. Just verify for me the new rails are out before I give them a dose of anger. Thanks.

As you can see by the responses, the dealer is pulling something.... Unless they are on backorder, they have been out for a few months. Could they be confused with the date the marker lamps MIGHT be released?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

My dealer replaced MY cracked roof rail with the same old stock. Go figure. When I brought it to his attention, he told me there weren't any newer roof rails. (Of course we ALL know there ARE new ones!) So, now since the replaced ones aren't cracked (yet), he doesn't want to replace it.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your troubles Humm3. Sometimes I'd like to have a real to use on those who do stupid things like that.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:34 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks ....
Old 09-14-2006, 04:32 AM
Hummer Professional

Default Re:WHERE ARE YOU AT FSTOP

Amazing, I called and asked to speak to the manager, he said he would have to research it. I Said I was tired of researching, tired of waiting, tired of being yanked around. Amazing, in 5 minutes he called me back that not only were the new roof rails out, they had them in stock. I asked him why it had to get to the point where I had to call him and get pissed about it to have it done. His answer was of course there is a lot of turnover in the service department and they are simply not aware of all the updates. What a crock of poo poo.... I feel like they just wasted 4 months of my time. I hope I get a customer survey

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

Old 09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Scouts Out,

I bought mine at Wright as well. I have had very little trouble with them and they have been very accomodating on the service issues that have arisen. I did have contact with who I believe was the "general service manager" (not John (very cool guy!), the service manager at Wright Hummer) for Wright in general. I didn't particularly care for his attitude; but he did take care of my needs in a timely manner.

As I just mentioned in another post, I bought mine (Adventure package) from Wright's but it had the marker lights on it. I told Wright that I wanted the off-road lamps instead. They said they could do it but charged me an extra $700 for the parts and labor and kept the marker lamps. I was in a hurry for delivery so I bit but I was a little concerned about this. After all, who puts marker lamps on an "off-road" package vehicle??

Related to the marker lamps and roof rails,I believe these have been on back order. The parts were "quarantined" due to wind noise and new ones are supposed to be distributed. But someone said they were told they would have to wait until late October. I believe new ones are currently available. This, I think, is simply a lack of customer service as the dealerships have the ability to obtain parts from various distribution centers (I found this out during a small accident I was involved in that required replacement of the a couple of parts up front). Wright actually went to bat for the local GM body shop to obtain the parts after I had a small accident that required new parts up front.

While I don't condone anything less than 100% service on the part of dealerships, I know there have been issues with your needed parts. And I do know Wright takes their customer surveys VERY seriously so push that button if the need required. Keep on them - persistence results in pleasure. And they may indeed have experienced the turn-over mentioned- certainly not your fault but none-the-less... Also, you can always call the Hummer Customer Service line. I got comped an oil change and service for pointing out a defect in the way the off-road lights are wired and covered.

BTW, where are you at in PA? I am in Johnstown.

Chris
Old 09-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Hummer Professional

I have been a big supporter of Wright sales department. I was very please with Todd who sold it to me. The first few months I had it I had an encoder motor go and even though they should have know what it was it took one trip down where they said they could not "replicate" teh fault messages so it was a wasted trip. The second time it happened I took a ton of pictures of all the fault lights light up and they told me they would have a loaner wating for me and three days later they callled and I was very pleased. The Hummer service guy who I had dealt with either left or transfered but since then I have consistantly had bad information from them including the past 4 months that teh new trim parts were not in which thanks to the HUMER forum I knew was BS. My vents are not flush with the dash and last time in I asked them to fix them and they told me that was how they all were even though I was able to show them on teh new ones that they closed flush. Now I have a bad shock, the plastic trim, the recall for the jack and it took me getting loud for them to even admit the parts were out. The service guy sat on the phone and argued with me for 10 minutes about a bulliten out saying they could not replace them unless they had the new parts. I tried to tell him it was an old bulletin and that every one else had teh new parts and were replacing them to include cochran hummer. he claimed the bulliten was only two weeks old but he would look. I called teh service manager and told him the deal and the service guy called back 10 minutes later with the info that the parts were not only out but in stock. Why does it have to be this hard?

I live in teh fox chapel area

Other Cars.....

Old 09-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Use the survay as money and wave it in front of the service Mgr. Make him make it right. When he does fill it out satisfied and tell him that just cost him a oil change.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow - that doesn't sound good. Yeah - Todd is great as well - he sold me mine.

I wouldn't take any garbage from the service individual with whom you are dealing. Call the Hummer Customer Service line.

I don't know why it is difficult but 9 times out of 10 anymore, service typically will be provided only at the level to which you "inflict pain" on them. Otherwise, they make money on people who prescribe to apathy, give up, and walk away - another sad sign of the times in our country.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Hummer Professional

If I did not have to take 1/2 a day off each time I went there I would have had it fixed long ago becuase my Blue H3 would be sitting there until it was fixed

Other Cars.....