H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-15-2005, 07:35 PM

Peter etg is off the scale

Hi,
As some of you know iīm in Sweden and am trying to find a H2 in the US to bring over here.
I just won this auction. Seems to be an ok deal i think. US 32555.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43913&item=4548923 666&rd=1

I am aware of the water history stated in the description. Does waterhistory allways have to mean big trouble (for me), or could everything just as well work fine in the future?
Since this one was pretty well equiped and low miles i hope i did a decent deal. What do you experts say?
Did i make a decent deal OR the worst deal ever made by a man??
Inputs are appriciated. But please donīt be to hard on me if the deal was really bad

Thanks a lot
Peter

(p.s it saids "auction ended you were outbid". That is beacuse i also use another user-id. patrikekh)
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2005, 07:35 PM

Hi,
As some of you know iīm in Sweden and am trying to find a H2 in the US to bring over here.
I just won this auction. Seems to be an ok deal i think. US 32555.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43913&item=4548923 666&rd=1

I am aware of the water history stated in the description. Does waterhistory allways have to mean big trouble (for me), or could everything just as well work fine in the future?
Since this one was pretty well equiped and low miles i hope i did a decent deal. What do you experts say?
Did i make a decent deal OR the worst deal ever made by a man??
Inputs are appriciated. But please donīt be to hard on me if the deal was really bad

Thanks a lot
Peter

(p.s it saids "auction ended you were outbid". That is beacuse i also use another user-id. patrikekh)
Old 05-15-2005, 07:49 PM

Dallion is off the scale

Seems to be a good deal, the vehicle looks good. Hmm.. I wouldn't say its a bad deal, I just have bad feelings about any vehicle that has had water damage (or any kind of damage for that matter). Main thing I would be concerned about is if it was fresh water or salt water. That would really be what I would want to find out if I were you. Good luck
Old 05-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

For that price you could have found the same thing without the water damage. friggin' EBay shoppers.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:58 PM

DRTYFN. Thanks a lot.
DALLION. You have a point. I must check fresh or saltwater. I might be in trouble...
Old 05-15-2005, 08:05 PM

Dallion is off the scale

DRTY is right. Here are a couple of links to similar priced H2's:

First one

Another

This one even has a winch

So they are out there, you just have to look. I personally am not a big fan of any vehicle with water damage, nor would ever own one, but I have had friends who have had water damaged vehicles and no problems... It's whatever makes you happy

Oh, and btw the last two H2's are < 30k, anytime I see an H2 < 30k I automatically think something is wrong with it... I am just untrusting I guess
Old 05-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

I am obviously not an authority, but I will say that I certainly wouldn't have sold MY H2 [no water damage, however] for that (or what I saw on the links above!). So, to me, looks like you did well!

Enjoy it, when you finally GET it!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 05-15-2005, 08:15 PM

Dallion. Yes sometimes one see H2īs for around 20k on cars.com or autotrader.com. I must say that they all are frauds. I have been in contact with so many of them and they all want deposits via some kind of escrowsites. Of course they donīt have any truck for sale and the escrowthing is not existing. Money goes straight into their pocket.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:15 PM

LoLo. Now i feel better
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM

Dallion. The first link you mentioned seems to be a very basic model w no lux. pk and w clothseats.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
For that price you could have found the same thing without the water damage. friggin' EBay shoppers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that H2 belongs to Argo?

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no, his was burgundy, and it smelled like muddy water, puke & beer inside.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

Peter,

I have to go with Dallion and DRTY. I've seen you here before and I have to ask what's with the obsession of ebay and damaged vehicles? Do you actually think you can save money by buying a damaged vehicle in lowered price and buying it over the Internet.

First, I wouln't buy a damaged vehile over the Internet ever period. Adding to that the fact that servicing the H2 in Europe is MUCH more expencive than in the US and damaged vehicle is more likely to need service.
Second, I sent you the Autotrader.com a while ago, and I honestly think you can get better deals from there. Most of the sales is done by dealers so you might be able to negotiate the price even more.

If you are looking for a used vehicle there is only a slight chance that you'll get all the options you want. So I would go for the reliability and TCO first and then other stuff. Most of which you can get from the aftermarket anyways...

My opinion is that if you put together eBay and damaged vehicle and exporting it to Europe is that you are going to get hurt.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

Something is fishy. If it has had so much replaced how could it not have a water damaged title or salvage title?
Old 05-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

W1N, I suggested to Peter to get a hold of you and/or Eldar. You both are experienced in this.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:44 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
W1N, I suggested to Peter to get a hold of you and/or Eldar. You both are experienced in this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!

I'll be glad to help him.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:52 AM

Thanks all for your thoughts. The thing is that many people have told me before that a waterdamaged car does not allways have to be terrible. So can you explain what could happen in worse case w the truck in the future?(salt/fresh water.)
Seller mentioned in the description that the truck had been in the shop for some work/change of parts. Due to this it does not mean that it should be safe enough to buy you think?

W1N I do search autotrader.com, but it seems hard to find a H2 for less than 35000 w decent miles. But thanks for the link.

Peter
Old 05-16-2005, 06:41 AM

By looking at the pictures, it looks like the truck is "sitting little low" on the rear wheels. Like it is kind of lower in the rear. is it just the pics or me?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

Hello Peter!

You can always check the www.carfax.com if you have the VIN number of the vehicle. It doesn't quarantee anything, but the cost of $30 or so you might get valuable info.

thanks!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:18 AM

Dallion. Is it posible for you to check this one on carfax for me?
You got PM btw.

thanks peter