H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-15-2003, 02:49 AM

Fistville is off the scale

Im sorry if this is common knowledge and I am one of those in the dark. When I click forward so that the brights are on without me holding they appear higher than the normal lights but no brighter or do not cover any more area. When I hold the bar back the brights are conventional in a sense that they are much more intense and cover the same plain as the normal. Is this a fluke or does this somewhere make sense. Thanks guys.

Orange H2, Lux package, back-up camera, xm. Not bad for first ride, eh?
Old 01-15-2003, 02:49 AM

Fistville is off the scale

Im sorry if this is common knowledge and I am one of those in the dark. When I click forward so that the brights are on without me holding they appear higher than the normal lights but no brighter or do not cover any more area. When I hold the bar back the brights are conventional in a sense that they are much more intense and cover the same plain as the normal. Is this a fluke or does this somewhere make sense. Thanks guys.

Orange H2, Lux package, back-up camera, xm. Not bad for first ride, eh?
Old 01-16-2003, 06:56 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I have an issue with this as well. When you go to brights, they don't really seem to do much more then just throw the same amount of light out...just more upwards. When you pull back and get the hi AND lo beams (by holding the stick back temporarily)....it does light everything nicely....but I'm told we can't have both hi and low on together.

As far as the high-beams, they aren't all that bright. Maybe new bulbs are the ticket here. The hi-beams can not be adjusted without affecting the lo-beams....so wimpy high-beams we're stuck with unless we replace the bulbs with something better.

As for good street lighting while in Hi-beam are on...I'm working on a modification where the DRL's are on when the hi-beams go on too. But the Hi-beams are off when the DRL's are on. I'm guessing a diode in the right spot is all the is req'd.

As for me, I don't want my running lights on during the day. Heck....I turn off my DRL's when I remember to for that matter.