H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Andre is off the scale

I put the truck in "D" and it starts off in 2nd gear, go down the road and shift it into "2" and "3" and then go form "3" to "2" and then "1" and it still wont shift into 1st gear and my check engine light is on...anybody have this problem?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Andre is off the scale

I put the truck in "D" and it starts off in 2nd gear, go down the road and shift it into "2" and "3" and then go form "3" to "2" and then "1" and it still wont shift into 1st gear and my check engine light is on...anybody have this problem?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Title thread posted by Andre:
Tranny problems i think </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> First post on thread by Andre:
I put the truck in "D" and it starts off in 2nd gear, go down the road and shift it into "2" and "3" and then go form "3" to "2" and then "1" and it still wont shift into 1st gear and my check engine light is on...anybody have this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Scared me for a minute. I thought you had a real TRANNY problem!

Seriously, I wish I could help. Consider this a "bump".
Old 09-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

You need an ignition switch. Go to your dealer and they can take care of it in less than an hour. If you want a more detailed description on why you need a switch, do a search. This has been brought up several times.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Andre is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ignition switch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks guys
Old 09-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Andre is off the scale

one more thing..i am 7 hours away from my dealer, is this a part i can change out myself? my dealer usually ships out parts to me if i can DIY...saves me time and gas.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:13 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky. I have to take it to the local GM dealer for fixes...if it's going to be under warranty...

'03 H2
Old 09-28-2005, 04:36 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre:
one more thing..i am 7 hours away from my dealer, is this a part i can change out myself? my dealer usually ships out parts to me if i can DIY...saves me time and gas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wow, you have a very cooperative and trusting dealer.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

To change your ignition switch, take a flat blade screwdriver and pop off your tilt lever, then, place it between the upper and lower plastic column cover and pop the covers off.
The switch is in lower left corner of column, there are 2 holes that you stick a small pick or something similar to disengage the locing tang. Then you pull it down and out. Here is the tricky part. There are teeth on the switch that are rotated by teeth in the column when you turn the key. If you don't have it adjusted perfectly you will leave some things powered up after you take the key out, draining your battery. So if you try it yourself, heed that warning.