H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it snowed just above us in the latest storm. Our minpin, Riley, has never been in the snow before. We went up the mountain to the snow in the Denali, because it has better relief for my bad leg. Our H3 has the same traction control system in it so this is why this story's entertaining.

We had to go up steep streets. The snow was about six inches deep, very wet, and as it was driven on, turned to icy slush. It looked as though people were coming out, but no one was going in. There were two spots by the side of the road where people slid, dug in, and had to recover, one even left their shovel by mistake. My wife was driving. The Denali's traction control system was surely getting worked. My wife just kept an easy go pedal on and the Denali clamored it's way up a long, steep, slick, wet snow encrusted road. We pulled into a large virgin driveway (most of the homes are summer homes, very few full-timers) to let the dog play.

We heard a heck of a racket coming from way down the road. Laurie backed up back on the road and we watched quite a show. A full size, lifted, mud terrain shod Chevy 4x4 with three people in it was having a heck of a time, engine revving, sliding back and forth. They made it a third of the way up the hill, almost hit a tree and stopped. We watched as they slid/backed to a safe pull over. They looked somewhat befuddled as we slowly drove by. The anti-lock brakes were getting on and off the whole way down the grade but it never got sped up.

The traction control system, and the anti-lock brakes work great. A lot of people never will utilize it to this extent but for those of you that are wondering, it's great!
Old 01-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it snowed just above us in the latest storm. Our minpin, Riley, has never been in the snow before. We went up the mountain to the snow in the Denali, because it has better relief for my bad leg. Our H3 has the same traction control system in it so this is why this story's entertaining.

We had to go up steep streets. The snow was about six inches deep, very wet, and as it was driven on, turned to icy slush. It looked as though people were coming out, but no one was going in. There were two spots by the side of the road where people slid, dug in, and had to recover, one even left their shovel by mistake. My wife was driving. The Denali's traction control system was surely getting worked. My wife just kept an easy go pedal on and the Denali clamored it's way up a long, steep, slick, wet snow encrusted road. We pulled into a large virgin driveway (most of the homes are summer homes, very few full-timers) to let the dog play.

We heard a heck of a racket coming from way down the road. Laurie backed up back on the road and we watched quite a show. A full size, lifted, mud terrain shod Chevy 4x4 with three people in it was having a heck of a time, engine revving, sliding back and forth. They made it a third of the way up the hill, almost hit a tree and stopped. We watched as they slid/backed to a safe pull over. They looked somewhat befuddled as we slowly drove by. The anti-lock brakes were getting on and off the whole way down the grade but it never got sped up.

The traction control system, and the anti-lock brakes work great. A lot of people never will utilize it to this extent but for those of you that are wondering, it's great!
Old 01-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

Good story! It's nice to hear when systems actually work the way they are supposed to.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish it would have been a Jeep.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:17 PM

Grandman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I wish it would have been a Jeep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure why you make such a statment .

You are aware that most states are closing ORV areas one after the other . It is in every ones best interest to work together to prevent so called public land from being closed to the public . Negative attitudes about a brand such as jeep is of no help . Im aware there are several jeep owners that read on this board .

By the way heres another set of wheels i own .

NO my H3 wont follow it .
Old 01-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Hummer Professional

nmikes is off the scale

The jeep guys I've gone out with are some of the greatest guys you'd ever meet anywhere. Sure there is a little ribbing, but we all love doing the same thing... who gives a damn what you're doing it in... its the folks your with that make it fun.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:23 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nmikes:
The jeep guys I've gone out with are some of the greatest guys you'd ever meet anywhere. Sure there is a little ribbing, but we all love doing the same thing... who gives a damn what you're doing it in... its the folks your with that make it fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True dat !

sorry i had to go to the city to pick up the H3 and i think i learned some bad habits

My concern here is a statment that may be taken wrong by other wheelers . I do feel that Hummer owners 1 2 or 3 need keep there heads below cloud level and not offend other brand owners .

Regardless of the name stuck on it , there all wheelers . Just metal with rubber holding it up
Old 01-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I wish it would have been a Jeep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure why you make such a statment .
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Note the indicating sarcasm. If you are truly worried about brand bashing you should speak up on the Jeep forums where the H2 is constantly bashed.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 01-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandman:
I do feel that Hummer owners 1 2 or 3 need keep there heads below cloud level and not offend other brand owners . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you will find that most here don't care what brand you drive. There may be little comment thrown around here and there but that is because of years of bashing primarily by owners of one particular brand. Many Hummer owners are actually former Jeep owners.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 01-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mike B is off the scale

NO my H3 wont follow it .[/quote]

You're joking right? Unless your ZJ is heavily modified (it might be) with front and rear lockers and a >4" lift, an H3 with rear locker can follow even a modified ZJ. Ask me how I know? I just got rid of a 97 ZJ V8 with 4" lift and rear locker. My H3 can go anywhere and more places my ZJ ever went. ZJ's are the weak sister of the (pre-Liberty) Jeep family.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:02 PM

Yes the ZJ is very moded V 8 2 Det lockers . 7' lift 6 point roll cage 34" Trxus tires .
Old 01-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Hummer Professional

H3HUMVEE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike B:
NO my H3 wont follow it . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ZJ's are the weak sister of the (pre-Liberty) Jeep family.[/quote]

LMAO ...
Old 01-04-2006, 10:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3HUMVEE:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike B:
NO my H3 wont follow it . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ZJ's are the weak sister of the (pre-Liberty) Jeep family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO ... [/quote]

This may be true but atleast you know what is weak , well i do any way . The H3 we have yet to find the weak link . Any thing with wheels as them . Ok i know about the weak tie rods
Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I diden't know H3's had weak tie rods.