H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-16-2005, 02:00 AM

Humgirl&guy is off the scale

Hey guys had a huge let down today! was going through a awsome trail, but i heard a big bang from the front and the result is when im in drive or reverse i get a grinding noise and cannot move!!! if i put it in 4 wheel high locked mode i can move but doesnt sound very good... any idea's and how about warrenty??? will this be a problem???
thank you for your help
Old 10-16-2005, 02:00 AM

Hey guys had a huge let down today! was going through a awsome trail, but i heard a big bang from the front and the result is when im in drive or reverse i get a grinding noise and cannot move!!! if i put it in 4 wheel high locked mode i can move but doesnt sound very good... any idea's and how about warrenty??? will this be a problem???
thank you for your help
Old 10-16-2005, 02:13 AM

well here's the pictures of the worst day of my life!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2005, 02:16 AM

another view
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Hummer Professional

alldunn is off the scale

Not sure what the mechanical problems are, but d@mn!!! Looks like you stuck it up pretty good.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:24 AM

any hell one more.......the worst part is i got stuck at 4:30pm and finally got a farmer with a four wheel drive tractor at 10:30pm to come down and pull me out from behind.. Called a tow truck company and he told me to fu&& myself at 7:00.. and had 3 four wheel drives and comealongs but none would move this tank. I will always wave at the farmers from now on!!!! But just for the record i did make it through the mean mud hole twice before getting stuck!! One guys said there has been 4 trucks in two weeks stuck here and one was there for 3 days before they got it out. Im not so sure ill try this one again!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

spider gear(s) or T Case would be my guess.

Looked like you were having fun though.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:43 AM

will i have any problems getting warrenty?/ and yes it was a good time except for the whole town was laughing and loved seeing a hummer stuck!! had to be atleast 30 people come down to see.. The funny part is no one would help either... got called a moron and many other names while i stood there looking at my rig stuck... i feel like ive gave the hummer a bad name....but hell i did go through it twice before i got stuck..
Old 10-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Humgirl: You're 100% gutsier than the semi-male dorks who came out to berate rather than help. I'm sorry about your tough luck, but I respect you for pushing the limit. I think if I tried something like that, I'd have a fellow H2 along so if one of us got stuck, the other could help out.

Regarding the warranty: If you were just driving off road and something broke, that should be covered. Voiding a warranty generally takes place when you modify the vehicle [put in a super charger and break the transmission] or do something that the vehicle wasn't designed to do [towing more than the rated weight for the vehicle]. You were driving an off road vehicle off road. If I had to bet, I'd say the warranty should cover it. However, I'd try to wash all the mud off (especially underneath) before delivering it to the dealership. No sense in giving them too much to think about.

A post a month ago spoke of cleaning the undercarriage by parking the truck over a garden sprinkler and moving it every 2 hours.

Good Luck,

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 10-16-2005, 06:04 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you have some SWEET pics of the day

The first pic would make a cool wallpaper!!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:10 AM

id like to buy a winch for the front for next time.... how much are they? are there different sizes?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Warn Winch Bumper Setup

If you like the winch bumper setup you could PM DRTYFN and ask him about his setup too. It's incredible.

OR

Other Winches on H2Source
Old 10-16-2005, 12:47 PM

Think warrenty will cover this damage?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Sounds like the tranny, or transfer case. Yes I am sure it will be covered. I would wash it first though!
Old 10-16-2005, 01:11 PM

ya in 4hi locked it works fine ...just in normal 4hi and 4low if i go from forward to reverse i get alot of grinding and no movement......not such a good feeling......have to play with modes alot to finally get it to lock in..
Old 10-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

When I bought my H2 in July I was told any off road damage is NOT covered by warrenty. I dont know if they just say that or if thats true. I wouldn't mention that you were off roading, perhaps if you have to, tell them you were pulling a boat or something. And you were doing it under normak conditions.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Intercooled:
When I bought my H2 in July I was told any off road damage is NOT covered by warrenty. I dont know if they just say that or if thats true. I wouldn't mention that you were off roading, perhaps if you have to, tell them you were pulling a boat or something. And you were doing it under normak conditions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok .....ill be very mad if they give me the run around over this!!! Its a hummer.....'like nothing else" The noise happen at 3000rpm.....just cheap in my opinon!!!! Pay top dollar for this truck and it blows apart that easy.....im not impressed at all.....The ford that was in the picture didnt break and its a quarter the price...... If Iam stuck with the repairs i will sell this truck and not purchase no more hummers...
Old 10-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Oh, I didn't know the ford was doing the same thing you were doing. You need to remember that if you play hard things are bound to break one time or another.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
Oh, I didn't know the ford was doing the same thing you were doing. You need to remember that if you play hard things are bound to break one time or another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i agree.....i just dont believe it should have broke that easy... im very happy with the trucks performance but im betting the transfer case was weak since it did break way to easy... i should show the pics of it making it through with ease.....
Attached Images