H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-23-2006, 11:56 PM

exerciz101 is off the scale

Has anyone dealt with this issue? The hummer will only go 20mph. I need to take it to the dealer but I only have a GMC dealer near me not a Hummer Dealer, will GMC still work on my Hummer or do I need to take it to a Hummer dealer?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Alex13188 is off the scale

Mine did this when the battery died, so i unplugged the battery for 10 mins and it was fine. Not sure if this your problem but im sure someone will be along to shed a little more light.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by exerciz101:
Has anyone dealt with this issue? The hummer will only go 20mph. I need to take it to the dealer but I only have a GMC dealer near me not a Hummer Dealer, will GMC still work on my Hummer or do I need to take it to a Hummer dealer?
How many times have you tried to crank it and got this. It can be caused by a multitude of things. Low voltage from the battery going bad, faulty ignition switch, other service codes such as throttle positions sensor failure, MAF sensor failure, etc.

If you know someone that has a programmer for the H2, they can clear the computer codes and possibly get you back going for some time and also read the fault code.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys can unhook the battery but you're only putting a band-aid on it. You're not fixing the problem. Though it's possible, it's not likely that the light came on as a freak.

Chances are there is a problem and clearing the code by undoing the battery will do just that... clear the code... doesn't fix the problem.

Take it to someone who an OBDII diagnostic aid like the GM's Tech II or Snap On's version and get the code read so you can get it fixed before you get stranded when you don't need to be.

Mark
Old 04-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
You guys can unhook the battery but you're only putting a band-aid on it. You're not fixing the problem. Though it's possible, it's not likely that the light came on as a freak.

Chances are there is a problem and clearing the code by undoing the battery will do just that... clear the code... doesn't fix the problem.

Take it to someone who an OBDII diagnostic aid like the GM's Tech II or Snap On's version and get the code read so you can get it fixed before you get stranded when you don't need to be.

Mark
Mark,

It is indeed a little more than a bandaid if you are getting the reduced power message. You simply cannot drive the vehicle if you are getting that message and you are virtually now stranded. To remove the cable to get it back to full power so you can get back home or where ever would be a quick easy fix if it works.

It just doesn't always work because it might be a low battery or some other problem
Old 04-27-2006, 02:27 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

How many miles on the truck? A clogged catalytic converter can reduce power to where it will almost not drive. It happedned to me on my 95 tahoe, but at about 200K!!!

I pulled off the y pipe and bashed out the honeycomb inside the cat, and drove it for a year until I had to pass Emissions.