H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Was bored so it is time to take the mirror apart again
Old 02-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Time to upgrade to '06 mirrors. They're very sturdy so far.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Thanks for the info----I will do that on my next overhaul of my machines. I am not a fan of the 06 mirrors.

Maybe I will break down and get the 06's someday but I will continue to f..k with the ones I like for now.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:05 AM
Hummer Authority

DRTYFN, I would put a newer set on but hell I just painted the chrome backs on mine and would like to get some use out of the paint job first :-)
Old 02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Hummer Authority

60 mile drive today and it's much better than before the .008 shim mod, now to see how long it will last.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Hummer Authority

PhilD, This is my second drivers side mirror also :-(

I think GM's thoughts were when they first designed them was "what the hell it's just a mirror" and didn't put a lot of design thought into them.

With the arm being at an angle from the mounting/pivot point and the loose tol. they used, I think the mirror head weight would allow it to bounce around more and loosen things up causing the vibration to get worse.

The new design like DRTYFN has is straight up from the mounting on the door and the mirror head pivots instead of the arm and mirror like ours.

I bet the folding motor is in the head on the new design also instead of in the mounting bracket, just a thought :-)

Also, I found this http://www.automotive.eaton.com/prod...powerfold.html while working on the leaking mirror motor problem I had and the one on the bottom looks real close to the one in ours. Mine had the 203 number on it which tells me I got the old motor design, if Eaton is the mfg of our mirror motors. The only possible help the 204 would be is maybe a more reliable folding motor but would not be any help on the vibration problem.

P.S. I did e-mail them to try and get some info on the motor, Doubt that I will ever hear from them but I can say I tried :-)
Old 02-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Hummer Authority

NOTE: The links posted here have been changed to not show the actuators :-(

Did here from Eaton but the news was not good.

Their and my e-mail

Mr. Sheridan,
I apologize for my delayed response. I was on vacation last week. Unfortunately, due to warranty/performance issues. The mirror maker, in this case Delbar, does not offer the stand alone powerfold actuator for sale as a service part. They only sell complete mirror assemblies. As the component manufacturer, we are not able to sell this direct to service due to Delbar's position as the Tier 1. Your only option is to replace the whole mirror, should it happen again.

Just FYI - the logo is IKU. Eaton acquired this company a few years back.

I'm sorry I didn't have better news.

Regards,
Michael Asmussen
Global Sales and Product Strategy Manager - Mirror Controls
Eaton Automotive
5200 S. State Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Office: 734-623-5250
Mobile: 734-604-5569
email: MichaelLAsmussen@Eaton.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:28 AM
To: Asmussen, Michael L
Subject: The New 204 Series: Passenger Car Powerfold Actuator

Good morning, Kept trying to use the comment section of your site but after a couple minutes the page would refresh and loose everything and after that happening a couple of times I gave up and thought I'd try contacting you this way.

My question and problem.

Question: Will one of the 204 Series Powerfold Actuators fit in a 2003 HUMMER H2 folding mirror ? The actuator in there now looks almost identical to the 204 that is at the http://automotive.eaton.com/product/...powerfold.html site except the one in the truck has a different manufacturer's logo on it, ik ? (not sure what the third letter or symbol is hence the question mark) and is made in Holland.

Problem: When the OEM unit failed to fold the mirror anymore I took it apart to see if I could find the problem (truck is out of warranty) and I found that somehow water got into the motor and circuit board area of the unit causing it to fail, picture included below. (side note, mirror was only on the truck for a year because it was replaced under warranty due to a vibration problem) I was able to clean it all out and sealed up and make it work again and even added a drain hole in case water got into it again. If this problem happens again and one of the 204 series will work in place of the OEM unit I'd like to know I can swap them out to the 204 series.

Thanks for your time, Ed Sheridan