H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

I want to connect a portable MP3 player into my new H2 stereo which has the in-dash 6-disc CD changer. I see where the adapters by companies such as PIE specifically exclude this stereo for use with their adapters. However, I noticed that on the stereo itself, there is a toggle-button for CD/Aux. Has anyone removed this stereo and checked to see if by any chance there already are auxilliary inputs? If not, what IS the purpose of this button? Seems like an indication that an auxilliary device could be used with the unit?
Old 04-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

I want to connect a portable MP3 player into my new H2 stereo which has the in-dash 6-disc CD changer. I see where the adapters by companies such as PIE specifically exclude this stereo for use with their adapters. However, I noticed that on the stereo itself, there is a toggle-button for CD/Aux. Has anyone removed this stereo and checked to see if by any chance there already are auxilliary inputs? If not, what IS the purpose of this button? Seems like an indication that an auxilliary device could be used with the unit?
Old 04-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

There are no inputs on the back of the radio or on the amp. It is for a factory aux put in through the harness only. I am waiting as I have to run an FM Modulator for my DVD and 2-7" screens.

Black H2 Adventure Series+ all other options.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:59 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Great new for 03' H2 owners.
We are in the fianl stages of an affordable DVD based NAVIGATION system that has the following:

1. REPLACEMENT CENTER CONSOL SHROUD To ACOMODATE NEW COMPONENTS.

2. NEW LCD SCREEN FOR NAVIGATION MOUNTED IN CENTER CONSOLE.

3. STANDARD HEAD UNIT STAYS IN POSISTION.

4. ONSTAR FUNCTIONS ARE MAINTAINED BUT BUTTONS ARE RELOCATED TO ACCOMMODATE LCD SCREEN.

5. HAS PERFECT FACTORY MATCH LOOK.

6. FROM TOP TO BOTTOM ------
AC CONTROLS
STANDARD STEREO / CD HEAD UNIT.
7" LCD SCREEN DVD / NAVIGATION SYSTEM.
RELOCATED ONSTAR BUTTONS In NARROW CONFIGURATION.

VERY AFFORDABLE "DO IT YOURSELF" INSTALLATION - LESS THEN 5 HOURS.
LESS THEN $4500.00 for this very affordable easy to install - factory look system.

Best part is in doesnt void warranties like the other guys system!!
Old 04-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Whoops forgot one thing also has single 500 watt AC 3 prong out let as an addition for AC appliances.
Old 04-20-2003, 04:29 PM

CJ is off the scale

Just what the Dr. ordered. Can't wait.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:29 PM

HummerN23 is off the scale

Who makes the DVD nav system? thanks!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TBarrow:
There are no inputs on the back of the radio or on the amp. It is for a factory aux put in through the harness only. I am waiting as I have to run an FM Modulator for my DVD and 2-7" screens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So if I'm getting this correct, there is an input via the harness for an auxillary FACTORY device that does NOT exist, but no kludge to use the auxillary input with my MP3 player? What exactly are you waiting for? Is there supposed to be aftremarket device in the pipeline that will permit using an auxillary plug-in device? I mean, besides the "affordable" $4500 device mentioned above --- that will allow this added feature? Obviously the $4500 unit is a matter of total over-kill for what my original post was about?

The only "regular" passenger in my H2 is my dog, and she hasn't developed a taste for watching DVDs on tiny screens. Maybe the 60 inch plasma in my house spoiled her? It might even distract her from her chores as navigator.

I really hate to degrade the sound quality further by using an FM modulator with my MP3 player... Doesn't someone know how to devise a work-around that takes advantage of the head unit's built-in capabilities?
Old 04-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

PAC is currently working on an interface that goes between the factory wiring harness and the Bose radio. THAT IS WHAT I AM WAITING FOR. The pac parts are usually under a hundred dollars and work great. I was simply trying to say that I have pulled the radio and looked into it. Sure did feel like alot of attitude in your response for a new forum member. My solution is much cheaper than 4500.00

http://www.go2pac.com/products/aai.htm

They are currently in development but no date set...

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TBarrow:
PAC is currently working on an interface that goes between the factory wiring harness and the Bose radio. THAT IS WHAT I AM WAITING FOR. The pac parts are usually under a hundred dollars and work great. I was simply trying to say that I have pulled the radio and looked into it. Sure did feel like alot of attitude in your response for a new forum member. My solution is much cheaper than 4500.00

http://www.go2pac.com/products/aai.htm

They are currently in development but no date set...

Black H2 Adventure Series+ all other options.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I should ahve said "Do you know if something is in the works, or are you just waiting?" I was hoping that you would reply with exactly the info you did post... I should also have said thanks for providing me with the info about there not being any inputs. That saved me the TROUBLE of pulling the head unit. Sorry if it sounded harsh, but I really did want to know what you were waiting for, and wasn't be a wise-kopf. I'm not just new to the forum, I am new to the world of the Hummer H2... Love everthing about it except for the 6-disc indash CD changer sound system. It was included in the adventure series option though, so I'll live with it. The 40gb MP3 player will just have to sit idle until PAC pops. I really do appreciate you posting this information! Now, I am "waiting" too... I don't suppose PAC has given any hint about when the interface might be available??? I've been to the PAC website, but got confused by the terms like RDS radios, Class II radios and "slave units".

Anyways, thanks again for the info!

Ed
Old 04-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

TBarrow, you might have already heard, but I just got an email from the folks at PAC and they say that a device is indeed in the pipeline and hopefully will be finished by sometime this summer. Very helpful and friendly people at PAC, and I'm thankful you pointed me in the right direction.

Evidently the problem is with the interface is too complex for me too understand, which is perfectly understandable to me. If you see where I am driving... It's pretty flat here in Florida. ;o)

Thanks again for your info...

Ed
Old 04-27-2003, 09:41 PM

hinten is off the scale

See, this is the nice thing that every Hummer owner goes through:

Everybody wants to take you for a ride...
Old 04-28-2003, 01:48 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

My supplier will notify me when they are available. I had to get the screens as the screens, dvd player, cables, fm modulator, wireless headphones, etc.. all to install for 795.00 They came out with Leather custom headrests made in H2 color and fitted for the screens were an additional 95.00. PAC is busy designing it but no actual date yet. just summer. Well what I remember from school is summer is 3 months. PAC is the most popular and they have quality products. But their are other manufacturers working also..