H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Elcova Newbie

IN2deep is on a distinguished road
Default anyone use one of the kits to display a vid source onto the nav screen?

i saw several one on ebay from a guy selling oem hummer accessories, they all seem to need their own vid source dvd player game system etc, but i was thinking what about an ipod video? well first does anyone know if these kits work or not? if i cant get vid on my screen im going aftermarket
any advice is appreciated
Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

marius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone use one of the kits to display a vid source onto the nav screen?

I have one I got for 199.00 plus shipping on eBay, hooked up the rearview camera to one input and the other to a DVD. Works perfect, the screen resolution is great. I have the touch screen NAV. I am running the Video Ipod through the DVD front inputs ( in AUX mode) and evertyhing integrated well. I feed the sound from the DVD into the Truck audio system with a PAC adaptor that is plugged in the rear of the nav unit ( that is separate from the video interface). I am actually running 2 screens off the dvd, the NAV screen and a drop down I installed on the ceiling. The trick was to get a DVD with dual video output. Mounted the DVD under the rear seat and pulled the wires under the carpet.
The mod to get the video on the NAV is relatively straight forward. It comes with decent instructions except where to get the 12V to power the video box. The wire they are talking about does not have the juice, at least it didn't with mine. I ended up gettting the 12V from a swtiched source under the dash. Other than that follow the instructions on the ribbon installation and don't button anything up until you test it. Find a good and covenient spot for the toggle switch and you are all set. Be careful with the installation of the ribbon and in the bottom connector. It does not want to go in easily. I "helped" it with a pair of twisers being careful not to bend it or break the wires. It is fragile. Have patience and work it in . Once it is done, you will be pleased with the results.

Marius
Old 02-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

sanfoja is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone use one of the kits to display a vid source onto the nav screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius
I have one I got for 199.00 plus shipping on eBay, hooked up the rearview camera to one input and the other to a DVD. Works perfect, the screen resolution is great. I have the touch screen NAV. I am running the Video Ipod through the DVD front inputs ( in AUX mode) and evertyhing integrated well. I feed the sound from the DVD into the Truck audio system with a PAC adaptor that is plugged in the rear of the nav unit ( that is separate from the video interface). I am actually running 2 screens off the dvd, the NAV screen and a drop down I installed on the ceiling. The trick was to get a DVD with dual video output. Mounted the DVD under the rear seat and pulled the wires under the carpet.
The mod to get the video on the NAV is relatively straight forward. It comes with decent instructions except where to get the 12V to power the video box. The wire they are talking about does not have the juice, at least it didn't with mine. I ended up gettting the 12V from a swtiched source under the dash. Other than that follow the instructions on the ribbon installation and don't button anything up until you test it. Find a good and covenient spot for the toggle switch and you are all set. Be careful with the installation of the ribbon and in the bottom connector. It does not want to go in easily. I "helped" it with a pair of twisers being careful not to bend it or break the wires. It is fragile. Have patience and work it in . Once it is done, you will be pleased with the results.

Marius

Do you have details on which unit you got off of ebay? Also, you said the Ipod Video goes through DVD front inputs. If you do not have the DVD player could you just plug the Ipod directly to the interface you mentioned and use the other input for a rear cam? and then the ipod audio would be integrated with the IPAC adapter? Any photos of the touchscreen nav integration with the Ipod, does it allow for headunit control of Ipod or do you have to use Ipod to control?

Thanks much!
2003 H2 Lux/Adventure, Burgundy, 37x12.5 MTRs on Matte Black Wheels, Smoked Cab/Running Lights, 07 Mirrors, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Volant CF CAI, AirRaid Intake Tube, Bi-Xenon HID, DRL mod w/diode, 2006 TNR, Matte Black Linex on Grilles & Front/Rear Bumpers, Ram Offroad Brush Guard, Rancho 9000 Remote Adj shocks, Rancho 5000 Strg Stab, FFD Ultra Extreme Electric Fans, Moog Pitman/Idler w/Cognito Support Kit, Kryptonite Tie Rods
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Hummer Novice

Don Flaminco is on a distinguished road

is your camera aftermarket and where did you get it