H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road
Default once again Optima batteries or ???

Okay I know this horse has been beat down many times on this forum. So I contacted Optima with the question and this is what I got back from them, find a forum and ask them. I'm adding lights and already have a lot of extras taken my juice. Remember I'm in Germany so no stop by auto zone or sears and pickup something please.

Unfortunately, Optima does not offer an exact-fit replacement battery for your Hummer. You can measure the dimensions of your existing stock battery to see if there’s an Optima that will work for your vehicle. Below is a link to the product specification page where you can find exact dimensions for all Optima batteries:

http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/yellowtop/specs.php
http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/redtop/specs.php
http://www.optimabatteries.com/optima_products/bluetop/specs.php

Alternately, you can check the internet enthusiast forums for your vehicle to see how others have done custom applications with Optima batteries.

[/font]
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: once again Optima batteries or ???

Can try what DRTYFN did back in 2004, dual batteries

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981&highlight=Optima+battery+inst all

Some more info on battery brands names and the actual manufacturer
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37224&highlight=Optima+battery+in stall

Ed
Old 12-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Ok I went with a Kinetik HC2000 Power Cell fit in the factory location okay had to have a hold made to keep it in place but works.
Attached Images

2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

HAHA I have a Kinetik also!!!! but you didn't really need to go with the 2000 unless your using a lot of power! It's an audio battery and its model is relative to how many watts your system is drawing!!! I have a JL 1000 mono block amp and 3 12's im pushing with all the neon and strobe lighting. Thats why i went with the 2000 but you can easily do with the 1800.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Hummer Professional

Im happy for you.

I am still building on to my system and its better to have more than less. I have plans for more speaker, monitors and a light bar reason I went bigger than what I currently needed for your FYI. on the serious side how do you like yours and with all your stuff you have how long does it run?
Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

Believe it or not I replaced an Optima with my Kinetik!!!! I haven't had any problems at all!! I don't even need a capacitor connected to the amp. I have a 1 farad but I tell you even with out it my lights do not dim or flicker and I can finally have my stereo on for a while with the truck off without worrying about it not cranking over. Definently a great battery. I wouldn't be surprised if you could run a small onboard welder with it!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Hummer Professional

yeah yeah,
I do have 2x Rockford fosegate 10in subs in my rig that put out 130.1 db thank you, which is not bad if i say so my self with LED lights, KENWOOD DNX-7200, 2x 7in monitors and a 17 in monitor with the factory Bose and like i said I'm adding more speakers in the spring time and a light bar on top.

I have noticed my system plays much stronger now that the power level stays higher. Not sure if i would do a welder maybe a coffee machine.

Hey thanks for the info. I was going to go with two yellow top but it was more work to put them in when one Kinetik works even if i can power a small city .