H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-26-2003, 08:28 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Alright, tinting is usually one of the first things I do, but not this time. Just wondering who's tinted they're windows, what windows you tinted, and at what percent? Has anyone tinted they're windsheild? I know I'll probably get flamed for that, but I like it when I can stare at someone next to me, and watch them struggle to try and see through my windows, it's a hoot Pictures would be nice too!

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Old 05-26-2003, 08:28 PM

Alright, tinting is usually one of the first things I do, but not this time. Just wondering who's tinted they're windows, what windows you tinted, and at what percent? Has anyone tinted they're windsheild? I know I'll probably get flamed for that, but I like it when I can stare at someone next to me, and watch them struggle to try and see through my windows, it's a hoot Pictures would be nice too!

-Grim

Old 05-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Grim: I have tinted my front windows w/ the max allowed here in VA. Not very dark, mind you. But as soon as I get the truck back I have the ventshades ready to go on. That will block some of the window.
Forgot to say I am going to tint over the side rear windows with 35%. Check this out http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=5106011751&m=570605120 2&r=3916077202#3916077202

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 05-26-2003, 08:43 PM

You'll love the ventshades, I promise! Yeah if you tinted the legal limit it's not gonna be dark at all, here 35% legal limit, but that doesn't matter much to me Windows on my WRX were 15% all around, could just barely see out the back winow at night.

-Grim

Old 05-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Grim, I know I will enjoy the shades. I have had them before. I got a Trooper Ticket from one af VA's finest for having 15% on my old Buick. Oh well.
I hope you noticed I edited the above post.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 05-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I have the front windows tinted at 20%. The rear door windows have 17% etched into it. My wife thought it looked like a DEA raid vehicle.

Black H2 Adventure Series+ all other options.
Attached Images

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:11 AM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

I have mine tinted now, but I am going to strip them and tint them darker, with 5% all the way around, and I am going to tint the windshield as well. If you drive a nice truck in Houston you are less likely to get pulled over and if you drive respectably then you have to worry even less... The windows came tinted from the dealership, just not dark enough, so I am going to make them darker, hate people being able to see in at all.. Especially during the day. No need for them to look inside. They can go buy their own Hummer..HAHAHAHA....

03 H2, Lux, Pewter, more upgrades soon..
President Houston Texas H2 Club Hummer Chapter..
Old 05-27-2003, 03:50 AM

LoL Badrap, I agree. Don't you love sitting there looking at someone in the car next to you struggling to see into your windows, oblivious to you watching? Heh heh heh... I don't know what I want to do for tints yet. I'm thinking 15% all around and still thinking 35, maybe darker for the windsheild.

-Grim

Old 05-27-2003, 12:46 PM

Lil Devil is off the scale

I did 5% on the H2 and have the same on the vette. It's dark....but I love it...

----
Old 05-27-2003, 02:03 PM

Nice, do you per chance have a pic of your rig? BTW, will your diff. covers fit the H2? Have you put one on yet? I really like them, they look great! And it'll look even better when I'm lifted. I'm really diggin the "Ghost in the Machine" look, looks perfect!

-Grim

Old 05-27-2003, 02:26 PM

Lil Devil is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grim_Smoker:
Nice, do you per chance have a pic of your rig? BTW, will your diff. covers fit the H2? Have you put one on yet? I really like them, they look great! And it'll look even better when I'm lifted. I'm really diggin the "Ghost in the Machine" look, looks perfect!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have any with the windows tint...but can take some and post if you are interested...

yea...they do have one for the H2. They made one for a customer who then backed out. It was their first. The owner of the company wants me to get it to promote the line. Just not sure I am mechanically inclined enough to do the swap since I have never done one before. if I remeber correctly it was the "Ghost in the Machine". They require 5-6 inches of additional clearance from the stock cover to the swaybars..... I think I might just pull the trigger and get it installed....

----
Old 05-27-2003, 04:06 PM

Please do so!

-Grim

Old 06-01-2003, 03:06 AM
Hummer Novice

Acheron is off the scale

I went with 10% Llumar ATR film and love it. It is very difficult to see inside but not too dark at night. (as long as you are used to tinted windows)

One important thing to note on the factor tint. GM has always used a grey tint that matches llumar exactly on other vehicles. On the H2 the factory tint (back and moonroof) have a purple tint. I had not noticed it until I put on the Llumar tint. The difference is barely noticeable but if you are a perfectionist this will bug you slightly.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:25 PM

cubby is off the scale

Hi Grim.......yep, tinted all the windows with limo tint ! I love to be able to pull up next to someone and watch them trying to peek in.
I just love it !!