H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

DavidAragon is off the scale

It's great you've got the chance to run the test track! I wanted to confirm, that you have 37" (37x12.5x17) wrangler's on your stock suspension H2, is that right? I was thinking of adding 37"s too...
Thanks,
David
Old 03-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DavidAragon:
It's great you've got the chance to run the test track! I wanted to confirm, that you have 37" (37x12.5x17) wrangler's on your stock suspension H2, is that right? I was thinking of adding 37"s too...
Thanks,
David </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You are right 37" Wrangler MT/Rs on stock powdercoated wheels with the stock suspension.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, just got back from seattle and had a chance to check out the local bellevue dealership's test track. Not too shabby, but definately not as nice as Paragon's run. They had a straight stretch, probably 75 yards total, first obstacle was the 16" wall, second was the 45 degree side slope (that's what he said), third was the rollers (while running through, he had us just lock the rear diff, and of course it was easy. I remembered there was something mentioned here about TCS kicking in...but didn't get a chance to test it), then went to the incline, break-over angle at top, and approach/departure at the bottom. He also demonstrated the engine breaking upon decent. That was it. They have a demo h2 parked right at the entrance to the course, so there's no way to run it with your own truck. But they let us each drive through it ourselves. Definately good to feel the angles in the truck. Get a much better sense of some of the capabilities.
Prior to running the hummer test track, we ran through the Land Rover test track a few blocks away. To be honest, the LR presentation was much better, even though they wouldn't let us personally drive it. It seemed the LR presentation had a more severe side slope with a left turn. It would be nice to take the h2 through it. Oh, we test drove the LR3...great vehicle. But nothing can replace my H2!
The included pic is from my couz' camera phone...sorry forgot to bring the camera. Just one shot of the incline... And yes, that's me in the pic...wasn't expecting him to take one...
Attached Images

'03 H2
Old 03-07-2005, 03:29 PM

4churchill is off the scale

doc, i would say you weren't on a 45 side slope, because even at the plant in indiana, they put you on a 40, and at that point washer fluid is spilling from the nozzles. interesting that they wouldnt let people take their own truck, but i guess good ol' liability is rearing its ugly head. glad you enjoyed it!

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 03-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Banned

I would be almost assured that you were not on a 45 degree slope. It's more like a 40% or 45% which is roughly around 22-25 degrees. Big, big difference. A 40 degree slope is doable but is not very comfortable at all.

The two (degrees and percent) get mixed up quite often, even by Hummer salesmen.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 PM

good catch Paragon, this is one of the very things i brought up with our salesmaanger, that often salesmen may give information they feel is correct, and may sound correct, but has a samall defficiancy. Gezze i feel like a hypocrite all i know is at hUMMER school the washer fluid is spilling from the nozzel on the downside of the rig.

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 03-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
Man, at 40 degrees sideslope, most perspective buyers would crap themselves, or puke, or both and probably go home to shaken to actually buy a truck.....many would have a bad reaction at 40% I would imagine...I hate sideslope...

Actually that would be kind of funny as a requirement to own, kind of like hazing new owners

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was at almost 40 degrees this weekend on my Kubota tractor with the FEL, and that is stained shorts scary. Getting to that point is one thing, but to be stopped and then have to get the tractor out of that situation is alltogether a different story. You know you screwed up to begin with. But to have to drive it out of the off-camber with turning the wheel feeling like it's going to make you flip is a freaky deal. I had to kill it and walk back to the shop and talk to myself about it before trying to right it.

I finally decided that, with my seatbelt on and the ROPs I would drive it down the slope and hope for the best. What made it worse was the lack of room. It wasn't like I could drive several yards to ease out of the situation. The ground on the lower side gave way some which put me in the bad situation to begin with and made driving it out of it unpredictable.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4CHURCHILL:
good catch Paragon, this is one of the very things i brought up with our salesmaanger, that often salesmen may give information they feel is correct, and may sound correct, but has a samall defficiancy. Gezze i feel like a hypocrite all i know is at hUMMER school the washer fluid is spilling from the nozzel on the downside of the rig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

English isn't your first language is it?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:53 PM

drty, my mind works quicker then my hands, so i often type incorrectly or lay down words and phrases which make no sense, because before i can type a complete thought, my mind is already spewing out something different. btw i scored a 775 on the english section of the SAT's...if you think my english is bad, wait until you see me try to do math (550 score )

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 03-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Then why don't you slow down just a wee bit and give your post a whiff of a proofread before you click the 'post now' button.
I've had this mental image of you as some kind of jittery, chain-smoking foreigner because of your butchered posts.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:05 PM

No, no chain smoking here, and born in the good ol' U.S. of A. Probably a good call on the proof reading. My typing skills probably aren't up to par either. Thanks for the heads up Diety........jhfjkhewfjkhfjkhfjkdshjksdghjkfdskgfs dgkfdggdksgfjdshklklfhsklkdhfklfh

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 03-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by DRTY:
I've had this mental image of you as some kind of jittery, chain-smoking foreigner because of your butchered posts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>dud u naled dat 1.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:25 PM

Oh boy! Lets all jump on the Church Bashing Wagon.... I want you all to notice the difference in my posts from this point forward. Just don't expect too much, I am just a bottom of the rung car salesman/student don't forget!

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 03-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that was what it was supposed to be...45% grade, but the salesguy said 45 degrees. the land rover test track was set at 31 degrees. Felt a little more pucker there, but then again it seemed like the lr was more narrow.

'03 H2
Old 03-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Paragon - thanks alot for sharing those pics and videos. Great driving.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

DavidAragon is off the scale

Great - thanks!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:17 PM

hummerNCO is off the scale

Sweeeet… I like video from the dash cam. I have got to get one of those suckerpods… then a video camera… then get out on the trail… sheeez… good thing I can live vicariously through this site for now. The snow camo on black looks great Devil Dog… errr… I mean Paragon, nice post.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Banned

Ooooh-Rah! Thanks for the compliments. I am going to post another vid from the dash that was taken at night. I'll post it under the why you bought your H2 thread. Not a great vid by any stretch but does display one of the reason why I bought my H2.