H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mr Hank is off the scale

Hey all, one note about getting your oil changed at the quick oil change places.
Yesterday I had my oil changed and had synthetic oil put in. The dummy at the oil change place did not remove the skid plate to change the oil . He just drained it and let it run over the skid plate. The end result on a sloped driveway is one big puddle of oil. Since Hummer dealers are not every numerous and many of you will have your oil changed elsewhere make sure they take the skid plate off when changing the oil.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mr Hank is off the scale

Hey all, one note about getting your oil changed at the quick oil change places.
Yesterday I had my oil changed and had synthetic oil put in. The dummy at the oil change place did not remove the skid plate to change the oil . He just drained it and let it run over the skid plate. The end result on a sloped driveway is one big puddle of oil. Since Hummer dealers are not every numerous and many of you will have your oil changed elsewhere make sure they take the skid plate off when changing the oil.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

did they change your filter

H3 gray aventure ,sunroof, steps ,roof rack ,smokers package ,window vents, sunroof visor, hard spare tire cover, h3 valve caps 2,300+ miles
1968 oldsmobile 442
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Hank:
Yesterday I had my oil changed and had synthetic oil put in. The dummy at the oil change place did not remove the skid plate to change the oil . He just drained it and let it run over the skid plate. The end result on a sloped driveway is one big puddle of oil. Since Hummer dealers are not every numerous and many of you will have your oil changed elsewhere make sure they take the skid plate off when changing the oil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Hank, you sound like an intelligent man, what the hell were you thinking? Even if the dealer is an hour away, there is no reason to be taking a brand new, first year production model vehicle to a "Jiffy Lube".
Sheesh.

my 2 cents.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be masd and you should also go raise hell with the manager of the place. There's no excuse for what happened on your truck. Many cars and SUVs have protective panels that need removal to change the oil. My Audi has a one and I think M/B does too. My Monteros had them going back to the 80s. They may charge you a few extra bucks for the work, but only an idiot would leave it on. He probably broke environmental regs doing it too. If enough oil spilled to get into the gutter or storm drains, you could potentially be liable for cleanup and a fine. Take pictures of the spill and your skid plate.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:32 PM

NorCal_H3 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
did they change your filter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just thinking the same thing...
Old 10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mr Hank is off the scale

My Hummer dealer is a clean 60 miles away. Through Orlando traffic round trip plus the oil change is about a 5-6 hour ordeal.

Tomorrow morning I am having a little chat with the owner of the oil change place.

You would think that they could change the oil in a Chevy Colorado Motor.

GEEEEEEEEE!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hank,

I know that Hummer of Orlando is drive for you but from what I have heard the service department is far superior to the sales department. I hadn't noticed if they are but I would check and see if they are open on Sat. Sorry to hear about the idiot who changed it.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mr Hank is off the scale

Hey at least I am happy with the Synthetic Oil.
I think it makes a difference but the true test will be after on tank full
Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep in mind, unless you hand him the owners manual, they will not know any of the torque specs for the oil filter or the drain plug.

In my experience with my other vehicles, they almost alway overfill or underfill, they are usually kids (in california anyway) and they have no investment (like their job) in the performnace of your vehicle. A little inconvenience during your four year warranty, could go a long way in the mechanical soundness of your truck.

again, my 2 cents
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM

x-humm is off the scale

Hey, don't feel bad. My story is worst. They left 3 skid plate bolt loose. When I got to the Hotel after going off-road, I notice the skid plate hanging down and the 3 bolts were missing. I was in Mexico at that time, no Hummer Dealers. I managed to get a hold of some bolts to replace the missing ones. Don't go to cheap places to do a change of oil. I'll bet the skid plate are very expensive to replace.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

jacob is off the scale

Why not just change your own oil??? Takes 40 minutes tops. It's not like you have to raise the H3 up to get underneath it...you can do it in your own driveway if need be.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 PM

x-humm is off the scale

I know, I change my oil of my 2000 F250 10" lift and I don't need to be jacked up.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMER NUT:
Hey, don't feel bad. My story is worst. They left 3 skid plate bolt loose. When I got to the Hotel after going off-road, I notice the skid plate hanging down and the 3 bolts were missing. I was in Mexico at that time, no Hummer Dealers. I managed to get a hold of some bolts to replace the missing ones. Don't go to cheap places to do a change of oil. I'll bet the skid plate are very expensive to replace. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Sunny Cal, where do you live? San Diego? Where did you go in Mexico? I live in the Imperial Valley and travel all around Baja almost every weekend :-)
Old 10-05-2005, 11:25 AM

x-humm is off the scale

Hey Deleon,

I live in San Bernardino. We started in Calexico, Mexicali, San felipe, Ensenada, San Quentin, Rosarito, Puerto Nuevo (lobster tail town) and finally home. We traveled some of the road of Baja 1000 and 500.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMER NUT:
Hey Deleon,

I live in San Bernardino. We started in Calexico, Mexicali, San felipe, Ensenada, San Quentin, Rosarito, Puerto Nuevo (lobster tail town) and finally home. We traveled some of the road of Baja 1000 and 500. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds great! we should do something next time you come down to Baja... I will be in Ensenada for the Baja 1000 in November!