H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-26-2003, 01:44 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

I am starting a new career as a real estate agent. In one of my classes I was talking to a classmate during a break. He said to me "did you hear about the So. Calif Hummer dealership fire"? I say yes and a women standing by us asked if I own a Hunmmer. I said yes and she said she did not like Hummers because she was an environmentalist. I asked why she did not like them and she said "the gas mileage is bad". I told her I have one because I tow a big boat, I fourwheel, and I drive it during our Minnesota winters. I told her any fullsize truck is going to get around the same mileage as the H2. She said she likes old trucks and may get a truck someday. I tried to discuss her un-thoughtout position further, but she was back-peddeling and basically said if people have reasons it is ok to own a H2. I could tell she was getting unconfortable, so I did not press her any further. The nain issue is some people have a bias against Hummers without even knowing why they do. They just follow the environmental dogma and do not think for themselves.

I am wondering if I will lose some sales because of my H2. Some environmentalists may refuse to work with me. I am sure that the number of people who object to my vehicle will be small. Judging by the number of positive responses I have had, the H2 will probably be a positive sales tool.

Are there any other realtors who use their H2 for business? If so, have you lost any business because of your H2 or has it helped?
Old 08-26-2003, 01:44 AM

I am starting a new career as a real estate agent. In one of my classes I was talking to a classmate during a break. He said to me "did you hear about the So. Calif Hummer dealership fire"? I say yes and a women standing by us asked if I own a Hunmmer. I said yes and she said she did not like Hummers because she was an environmentalist. I asked why she did not like them and she said "the gas mileage is bad". I told her I have one because I tow a big boat, I fourwheel, and I drive it during our Minnesota winters. I told her any fullsize truck is going to get around the same mileage as the H2. She said she likes old trucks and may get a truck someday. I tried to discuss her un-thoughtout position further, but she was back-peddeling and basically said if people have reasons it is ok to own a H2. I could tell she was getting unconfortable, so I did not press her any further. The nain issue is some people have a bias against Hummers without even knowing why they do. They just follow the environmental dogma and do not think for themselves.

I am wondering if I will lose some sales because of my H2. Some environmentalists may refuse to work with me. I am sure that the number of people who object to my vehicle will be small. Judging by the number of positive responses I have had, the H2 will probably be a positive sales tool.

Are there any other realtors who use their H2 for business? If so, have you lost any business because of your H2 or has it helped?
Old 08-26-2003, 02:45 AM

maybe some day... is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2 Daddy:
Are there any other realtors who use their H2 for business? If so, have you lost any business because of your H2 or has it helped?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Search for an old thread titled "H2 as Rolling Billboard" for some comments about this.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:16 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Some folks aren't worth an ounce of sweat.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 08-26-2003, 03:49 AM
Circuitguy

I sell homes and use my H2 everyday for bussiness. I offen have customers with me in the H2 and I always get nothing but good comments. I think it sometimes breaks the ice with the customer. I have had agents that drove BMW's and such big high profile autos and never had any problems. Its all how you come across to your customer. Remember its not the car you drive but the person inside. just my two cents! BIG-C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 08-26-2003, 05:28 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

H2Daddy,
You've just come across a useful idiot. You hit it right on the head when you said they follow someone else's enviromental dogma. If you ask people to explain in detail precisely why they don't like the H2 they usually can only say "fuel economy".
Old 08-26-2003, 06:36 AM

Spidey is off the scale

H2 Daddy

I'm a realtor as well, have been for 23 years. I have had my H2 since April and use it daily for business. I have my windows personalized with my name,logo and business. I have had very mixed reviews. I know for fact that I have lost business because of it and have gained business because of it. I believe over time the latter will prevail. I have also received simular remarks a number of times as you have. In fact not long ago I ran a thread regarding a negative email I had recieved along simular topic. One thing I do know for better or worse.... alot more people now know what I do for a living. Lately I had people say to me when I introduce myself or hand them a card "OH ... so your the Hummer guy, we see you everywhere."

In real estate if you get every appointment you go on ... your not seeing enough people.

Good Luck with the new career ............. Spidey
Old 08-27-2003, 03:01 AM

Spidey
How can you sell igloos in the summer? They all melt. Just kidding, thanks for your reply.

Circuitguy
I am not worried about negative responses to my H2. I think most people will want a ride and the H2 will be a good ice breaker.

maybe some day...
Thanks for the tip on the thread.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:20 AM
Circuitguy

Good luck, and happy selling...I'm sure you will do very well with your new job. Just keep driving that H2 everyday! BIG-C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX