H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this the fuse for the front heated seats?

I tapped this circuit for my CB power. My Heated seats are only working occassionally (on both sides at the same time) and so I'm curious if it would be this particular fuse/circuit.

-Corey
Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Hummer Expert

I tapped this circuit for my CB power. My Heated seats are only working occassionally (on both sides at the same time) and so I'm curious if it would be this particular fuse/circuit.

-Corey
Old 10-07-2005, 09:48 PM

rodster is off the scale

This should help: http://www.*******club.com/tech/12v.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you are adding auxiliary lighting, a CB, or any other item requiring an ignition switched 12v source, there are several options available. One of the most commonly used is the SEO ACCY circuit, which according to the manual is "not used". This offers an easily accessible 12v ignition switched source. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Hummer Expert

OK, has anyone else had the front heated seats working intermitly?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CslRkH2:

-Corey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just tapped that fuse for the ignition sensor for a hands free phone kit. I don't know jack about electrical but it seems to work. I was advised by the experts.

Klaus/Phil help the fellow Coloradan out here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes please help!! It got cool here this week and the wife hopped in, clicked the seat heater button, and nothing. This after repeatedly asking me if I knew what I was doing when she saw me wiring lights and the CB on the rig. She just gave me the 'look'...
Old 10-08-2005, 12:11 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CslRkH2:
the wife hopped in, clicked the seat heater button, and nothing. This after repeatedly asking me if I knew what I was doing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch. I know that look.

The instructions above were written by PhilD.

Easiest way to begin the troubleshoot is to unhook the newly installed circuit and check if the seats are back to normal.

You mentioned installing new lights . . . could that be it?

When's the last time the seats heated properly?

FWIW, I have at least two (maybe three) switches tapped into the SEO Accy circuit with no problems.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Hummer Expert

"Could it be the lights?" Not yet, I haven't connected them to any power or grounding source yet. There just installed on the rack and wired to a quick disconnect at the rack. Haven't gone into the engine or cab yet.

To be honest I don't know when the last time they work "consistently" was. Its been way too warm here to need them until the past couple weeks. What is strange is that in the past couple days sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:17 PM

rodster is off the scale

To be honest I don't know when the last time they work "consistently" was. Its been way too warm here to need them until the past couple weeks. What is strange is that in the past couple days sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grrr -- intermittent electrical problems.

I'm no guru but unless you can confirm the seats worked correctly prior to the CB install, my vote is the CB install has nothing to do with the seat malfunction. As suggested earlier, disconnect the CB and see what happens (but I doubt it'll fix the problem).

I had a seat memory problem and couldn't begin to troubleshoot. So I disconnected the battery for an hour or so, hooked it back up and all was well.

It works for Windows . . . why not cold boot your truck and see what happens?

Any chance you might have done something to a ground connection? Have you checked the TSBs to see if intermittent seat warmer is a known issue?
Old 10-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Where can I get TSB information?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:24 PM

rodster is off the scale

Where can I get TSB information? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have an '03:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...362#8266075362

Other years:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr.../tsbsearch.cfm
Old 10-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Hummer Expert

I have to disconnect the battery cables to finish my light install anyway, so I'll leave them off a little longer

Thanks for the tips!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Hummer Expert

So the disconnect and computer reboot did not work. I think there's some wiring that mess up because they work about every 4th or 5th ignition start but the buttons are not working correctly. The seat warmer doesn't start right away, just the back even though the seat lights are 3 lit lights. Then once you push the Back warmer button it leaves the back on, BUT turns down the seat heater a notch! Then once you've clicked 3 times, the back finally shuts off AT THE LIGHT, BUT THE BACK KEEPS HEATING, AND THEN THE SEAT HEATER TURNS ON.

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow...