H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-21-2003, 04:10 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

But this is totally different! I know that no matter what lights probably won't get sealed as tightly as we'd like and will still have condensation in them, but this is just rediculous. This is the left Piaa 560 on the back of my rack. It's filled halfway up! I just noticed this too while I was helping the g/f in the garden (it's 2PM here and it's been hot and sunny all day, wonder how long it'd take for it to evaporate?) Anyone have this happen? Any one have suggestions on how to better seal my lights? The right 560 just has a condensation coated lens, and my 520's up front get a little condensation in them from time to time, but nothing like this. LoL I left Gobi a message, just to see if they've run into this and if they've got any ideas.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2003, 04:10 PM

But this is totally different! I know that no matter what lights probably won't get sealed as tightly as we'd like and will still have condensation in them, but this is just rediculous. This is the left Piaa 560 on the back of my rack. It's filled halfway up! I just noticed this too while I was helping the g/f in the garden (it's 2PM here and it's been hot and sunny all day, wonder how long it'd take for it to evaporate?) Anyone have this happen? Any one have suggestions on how to better seal my lights? The right 560 just has a condensation coated lens, and my 520's up front get a little condensation in them from time to time, but nothing like this. LoL I left Gobi a message, just to see if they've run into this and if they've got any ideas.

-Grim

Old 08-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

That shouldn't happen. Send it back and get a replacement. I am sure they will stand by the product.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:33 PM

Well Sandra at Gobi gave me a call back, she is going to call Piaa, I'll probably just have to send mine back and get a new set. I believe the lights are actually mounted upside down (dealer put them on) but I cannot remember why at the moment (I think it may be that they wouldn't mount the other way, I'll check it out) And I know most lights have some kind of a vent hole, but these have been on for months now, and this is the first time it's happened, on top of the fact that it hasn't even rained hard here lately! Those bulbs aren't blue per-say, thats just how they look from the factory, might be from the water and sunlight and reflections and such.Anyways, I think I'm gonna go take a look at them. I'll post if I find anything. Thanks Phil

-Grim

Old 08-21-2003, 09:29 PM

Nope, haven't washed it in over a month. I was fiddling around with the light, just moving it, and it seems that just by pressing on the top of the lens water began to drop quite fast out of the bottom but only a little drained. I'll take it apart tomorrow and try switching the lens around. Thanks again

-Grim

Old 08-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

My 2cents!
(1) There should be no water in them. PIAA will do a warranty exchange no problem as long as the lense is not cracked.

(2) You should not need to switch the lense around. The bracket can mount from the top or the bottom.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:39 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

I installed mine myself and actually read the manual. You should be able to read PIAA if you cannot take the lens assembly out and turn it 180 degrees and reinstall. They have small vent holes that allow condensation to escape during temperature variations.

http://www.piaa.com/warranty.html#trouble

Go down too the bulbs section. Sorry Grim

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Alcoa Wheels, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

They are upsidedown. Same mistake I made with my PIAAs(she was thirsty).

Phil,.....who is Hummer Man???????

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

His title is "Fanatic" not "Authority"

fanatic

adj : marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea; "rabid isolationist" [syn: fanatical, overzealous, rabid] n : a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause) [syn: fiend]

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

Plus Piaa warrants and manufactures them so I am going to accept Piaa.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Alcoa Wheels, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 08-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

TBarrow,

I think Jason had that same ideal in mind when he gave that title. Too funny. I still enjoy his post once in awhile though.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez