H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-03-2005, 04:33 PM

Diana is off the scale

Hi all. I have been wanting a Hummer for quite some time. I have found one I want, but am hesitant, for the following reasons.

I have done some research and stumbled across the FUH2 site. I was horrified to see the animosity directed towards Hummers and their drivers. I saw pictures of people peeing on unattended Hummers, as well as flipping people the finger. It hurt my feelings to see how people seem to judge others, just because they drive Hummers. I also read that people will write onscenities into the dirt on their unattended Hummers! I am a nice and calm person, but I think I would freak right out if someone did this to me. They have no right to judge and hate others the way that they do.

I am also concerned about how the vehicle handles in the snow. You know, stopping distances and all. It is summer here in Alberta and the standard dealership test drive on a hot sunny day does not cut it. It is big, but is it really that hard to navigate? Of course I found it gigantic, but I drive a 2 door Tahoe, and it pales in comparision to the size of an H2. I would park it at the back of any parking lot, but I am afraid some jacka$$ will mess with it now that I saw the FUH2 site.

A small concern is the gas mileage, but I know that does not come with the Hummer. However I have read so many different stories of gas consumption. Nine miles to the gallon is rather bad. I have also read people get 14 miles to the gallon as well... in the city. I would like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly for real Hummer owners.

I have wanted an H2 since I saw my first one on CSI. I love them, and the aftermarket for them is so glorious. The H2 I am looking at is maroon (not my first choice of color, but the truck was loved and polished all the time), and have all the black bush gaurds and nerf bars on it. I am already planning on have all the stuff chromed as well as the front and rear bumpers. I have also been drooling over all the chrome odds and ends that will cost a small fortune. Then of course there is the new rubber and rims I am wanting.

I am so excited, but am afraid that ignorant people will destroy any pleasure I might have in owning one. I also am disheartened by the 9 mile a gallon deal for fuel consumption. I cannot see why it would be so poor, but you never know. I also am aware many people are alarmist and are probably exaggerating on the consumption.

I am going to the dealership tonight to haggled out a price, and hopefully do not back out. I came to this site for hopes my fears and reservations would be set aside.

Nice to meet you all.

Diana
Old 08-03-2005, 04:48 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

It's terrible [fuh2.com]. I don't understand it either. Mine's been keyed twice. The first time they guy got away with it. The second time? Last I checked they're still looking for the body ...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Do not worry about snow...trust me!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Hummer Professional

SOFTTAILJC is off the scale

Diana,,,, the gas should be around 12 mpg....running in snow is fun,, no problem...good idea to keep stock rims and tires for winter...snow and salt and chrome don't mix for long,,,and polished alum is worst.....do you have a tree hugger problem in Alberta?...that problem is a tuff call for some, as far as ownership...will the new h2 be garaged at nite,and will it be able to get in garage? good luck at dealers and let us know how you made out...lots of helpful info here, and some good people to help with questions......hope you get your dream truck....gl,,tc,, soft
Old 08-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Don't let that website get to you. If you want a Hummer get a Hummer! As for the MPG, it sucks, but you get what you pay for. You could get a Hummer that get's 10-11 MPG or you could get a Durango that get's 13-14 MPG
If it's in you blood you will have a Hummer tonight!
Good Luck!

Old 08-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

It seems that there are two people in this world....the first loves hummers and envy all who drive them; the second think its rediculous for someone to spend that much money on a a car that is so big and burns soo much gas--i find the second person is usually the first person as well. I have not had any problems from the general public besides getting parking tickets when the cars next to me dont and the usual "hey buddy, whats your gas mileage". The joy of driving a Hummer certainly out weighs the negativity.

Handling in snow...not sure how it would handle but on wet roads my Hummer drives like a dream. You have to remember this is a full time 4wheel drive vehicle so should have good traction.

The size takes about 2 days to get used to. After that it is REALLY easy to drive for such a big vehicle. I would say it drives better than a tahoe/yukon.

Any big SUV gets terrible gas mileage. What is the difference between a Yukon that gets 16mpg and a Hummer that gets 12? In my book this is negligible. I come from driving a Lexus IS 300 and i would not go back to a car for the world.(i kept the IS 300 for 3 weeks when i bought my Hummer and I almost despised driving it because the Hummer rides and drives soo comfortably.)

In summary: DO YOURSELF A FAVOR A BUY A HUMMER!!! Welcome to the board

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 08-03-2005, 05:25 PM

Diana is off the scale

Thanks everyone. The Hummer will not fit into our front attached garage. However, I live in a good neighborhood (touch wood), and have not had a single problem in nine years.

The Tahoe I drive now, only gets about 10MPG, because it is older and tired. It also has oversized tires, so it is understandable. Funny how my Tahoe is worse on fuel then a Hummer, and nobody takes notice.

I don't understand why people have an impression the Hummer owners are rich. A Hummer runs about the same price as a truck or comparable SUV. I have been on the market for awhile and a well equipped Tahoe is MORE money then a Hummer. I am not rich by all means, but I want a Hummer, instead of any other SUV. I am due for a new trucknow, and my Tahoe has served me well for many years. I love that ruck of mine and would never get rid of it, unless it was for something quite significant.

My Tahoe has polished aluminum wheels and they are trashed from our winters. This is why I am looking into chrome. I love the Foose Spank 8s, with the Toyo mud tires. I was wanting to chrome the entire truck before getting rims, but rims do make the vehicle. I will worry about it when I bring my new baby home I suppose.

I hope to bring good news of Hummer ownership in a couple of days.

I love the comment on the miussing body... I am with you on that.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get the truck. You'll love it.... I promise.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see some pics soon.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:17 PM

greenhummer is off the scale

I'd go for it too. Great truck. I found that while living on the Canadian West Coast, people were pretty good about not messing with your property.

Not run into any problems so far in California. Knock on wood.

If you do go for the NAV system, ask what the dealer is REALLY going to do if you want an additional CD player and/or DVD player put in. Any additional CD player or DVD player with the NAV option is not factory so I think the dealer can make a difference.

Greenhummer '05 Lux H2 wanting a really integrated NAV/CD/DVD solution!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Hi Diana,
You would LOVE the Hummer. I've had mine for about 2 months now I and I will never want anything else! Size-wise, it a little bigger than a tahoe, but not much really. The thing that I think makes it feel so much bigger is that it so boxy (sp?) that looking out the front windshield is strange because you're used to looking at a front end that is rounded and slopes which makes things feel smaller. It doesn't take very long to get used to. Our Ford Crew Cab Long box is much bigger than my h2 so it was actually a step down in size for me and it is so much easier to navigate around parking lots etc which I love.
I live in Washington State, which is a very Liberal place, but I've had nothing but compliments from people. Now I think if I lived nearer to Seattle that might be different as that is where the concentration of our tree huggers reside. The rest of the state is pretty conservative and doesn't seem to have any biases. You will get the occasional idiot who makes a snotty comment about the gas mileage, but they quiet down pretty quick when I tell them that it costs a lot more to fill up my Ford than my H2 and I get better mileage than my friends Suburban. Alot of misconceptions are out there about it. I'm pretty diligent in trying to dispell those. You just have to be patient!
It's a beautiful SUV and great to drive. If you want one just do it! You wont regret it!!

By the way, Don't let anyone give you any grief over wanting some chrome pretties on it!! I love shiny things!!
Good luck, I hope you get one, we can always use another Lady on this forum. There's WAY to much Testosterone around here!!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 PM

Diana is off the scale

Hey Christa, good to see another lady. The founder of the local Hummer club here is a woman too. She has a killer custom blue Hummer, that I would almost sell my soul for.

Greenhummer, the city I liv3e in is Calgary. It is an oil city. I never thought people hated Hummers so much until I saw the FUH2 site. It scared me half to death, since the only time I have not liked Hummers, was due to my jealousy over not having one myelf. I am human, and can admit that jealousy sucks. It was a coping mechanisum since we could not afford one at the time. I just never slammed the vehicle or it's owners. It was a real shock to see the FUH2 site to say the least. I would love to see someone have the balls to flip my bodybuilding husband the finger where he could see it.

I just heard from the dealership and they are offering a 100 000 mile/10 year warranty on the Hummer. That is incentive if I ever saw any. I am going in in a couple of hours to haggle over price. I think it is way too high for a 2003 with 23000KM on it. They want $59000 Canadian. The dealer said they won't move on the price due to the warranty. I might have to wait longer before getting one, who knows.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Diana, just got back from Alberta last thursday. We stayed up in the Waterton parks area. Beautiful! My average economy driving from Tri-Cities Washington to Waterton and back was 13.8 mpg. That includes driving around looking for bears and deer while we were up there. The lowest I have ever gotten from a tank of gas was 10.1 mpg I think, and the highest...well, I think we were averaging 13.8-14.2 while driving the highways in canada... hope the purchase goes well...you won't regret it!

'03 H2
Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 PM

gorton is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Diana:

I have wanted an H2 since I saw my first one on CSI. a

Yes this is the typical mindstate of women these days. Emulation of cathode rays. 8mpg is more realisitic. Ask yourself this question: Why do you really want it? If it is because of the status, and allure, then you will probably be pegged by the FUH2 crowd.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 PM

gorton is off the scale

also Diana, you had better start putting out more for your weightlifing husband, supposing he's going to fit the bill for you new roving popularity machine. "I am due for a new trucknow".
If you have that much of a power complex over other drivers, then why not just buy a GMC Suburban. Oh, wait, you are buying one, only it has fancier sheet metal and a trendier nameplate. I'm sure all the other wives at Starbucks and Tim Hortons will envy you.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:22 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

Gorton is a tool. Now he has to pick on women to make himself feel "better" than everyone else.
****tard!

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 08-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Hey Gorton!

Just leave man...why bother sticking around? Do you really think your going to make anyone here sell their H2, or not buy one if they want one? What are your goals for being here?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Diana, I have had good luck with my h2 in snow . I seem to get about 11.5 mpg. I dont think you have to worry about any fag ass loosers harrassing you. Just buy one and have fun with it. Doug

P.S - There is a initiation requirement to talk on this forum.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

Hey Grointon- Have you always sucked cock , or were you born that way??
Old 08-03-2005, 11:59 PM

gorton is off the scale

^
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by gorton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diana:

I have wanted an H2 since I saw my first one on CSI. a

Yes this is the typical mindstate of women these days. Emulation of cathode rays. 8mpg is more realisitic. Ask yourself this question: Why do you really want it? If it is because of the status, and allure, then you will probably be pegged by the FUH2 crowd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am so curious as to how you form your opinion on women these days. As clearly, your intellect and behavior should only lead you to the company of unconfident pimply man-boys and helpless animals. However, your distinct reputation for retarded retorts and inablity to manifest a worthy cause for your existence on this forum will prevail I'm sure.

CRTs on your mother's Tandy 1000 monitor is how you view and prove your outright jealousy of the very status and allure that you are referring to and yes Diane will have to deal with paltry beings such as yourself and those that submit on the FU-H2 site. Tis' quite suprising you haven't graced that site with your pestilence, as surely you would be accepted and that's all you really want, isn't now?