H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

NU2H2 is off the scale

Just got my H2 back from the dealership for a few things including tans slip 2-3 shift. Rebuilt tranny and stated the Reaction Carrier had come apart. Had to rebuild tranny and replace input and reverse housings, reaction carrier, reaction shell, plus clutches, seals and god knows what else... Sounds like a major rebuild.... All was covered under warranty but this thing has never been in 4wd or off road (soon to be remedied)SP and only has 16,000 miles Don't get me wrong the dealership took great care of us and the H2 just too early for a rebuild...
Also had a new Air compressor with new left and right high pressure lines due to Svce Air Suspension on the DIC multiple times.
And... Right lower ball joint was LOOSE!!!! causing a clank during turning Glad they found that.
Any one else had simular issues... Still love the H2 though
Jonathan
Old 08-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

NU2H2 is off the scale

Just got my H2 back from the dealership for a few things including tans slip 2-3 shift. Rebuilt tranny and stated the Reaction Carrier had come apart. Had to rebuild tranny and replace input and reverse housings, reaction carrier, reaction shell, plus clutches, seals and god knows what else... Sounds like a major rebuild.... All was covered under warranty but this thing has never been in 4wd or off road (soon to be remedied)SP and only has 16,000 miles Don't get me wrong the dealership took great care of us and the H2 just too early for a rebuild...
Also had a new Air compressor with new left and right high pressure lines due to Svce Air Suspension on the DIC multiple times.
And... Right lower ball joint was LOOSE!!!! causing a clank during turning Glad they found that.
Any one else had simular issues... Still love the H2 though
Jonathan
Old 08-31-2005, 01:06 PM

HDEUCE7 is off the scale

What type of sound were you hearing when things were going bad with your transmission. I have had a whining sound around my transmission area. When i would accelerate it would get louder and when i would slow down the whining would go down. Just wondering if that is what you were experiencing.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:11 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Mine always whines too. I think its the nature of the beast...

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 08-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

NU2H2 is off the scale

Well it all started with a slight transmission slip under acceleration from a dead stop and then went to a slip in the 2-3 shift point and then finally it started slipping during normal driving and a graunching sound from the 2-3 shift point and luckily the Service Manager came for a ride to diagnose the sound and it actually did it with him in the car and all was taken care of. It was sporadic and under certain light throttle positions less under hard acceleration.
Hope this helps
Jonathan
Old 08-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2NY is off the scale

Welcome to the club. Mine has 13K and the tranny just went 2 weeks ago. They said it was beyond a rebuild and just replaced it under warranty. No lights came on or anything. After stopping at a stoplight, wouldnt shift out of first. It took a week but I have her back now.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:20 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

I know there are thousands of these vehicles out there and this is a poor sampling of just two, but with a new H2, with only 1800 miles on it, I'm a little concerned regarding something like this. A complete tranny rebuild @ 16K miles? Jesus!

I've had my 2000 Toyota Tundra for 83000 miles and replaced brakes twice, replaces tires twice...That's it. Maybe it's not a fair comparison, but man oh man.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:21 AM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

I better go get to know the service manager @ my local hummer dealer. Might come in handy when I need it.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

NU2H2 is off the scale

This may be a limited failure on these I don't know I guess mine just decided to **** its self early rather than later. I don't see many others having tranny issues that require new/rebuilt ones maybe isolated cases maybe not who knows
Jonathan
Old 09-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

slgcmg is off the scale

My friend works for gamestop and they have a couple of H2's and they both had to have the tranny replaced with less than 20K.

Mine has 24K right now. Nohting wrong, but I only have another 12K under warranty> If something goes wrong, I hope it does before then.
chromed out
Old 09-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

JohnB.GWU. is off the scale

I had a trans go on mine too at 16k. I was in VA though, and live in NJ. So all i had was 3rd gear. Thats it! ****ty 400mile drive to say the least.
05\' Yellow Lux - BACK TO YELLOW BABY!!!
04 S55 Benz w/Brabus Tuning