H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Hummer Novice

DLUV12 is on a distinguished road
Default H3er thinking about moving to an H2..need help

hello all, 3 owner here thinking about getting an H2, but i wonder about milage..how long are everysone H2's running, are they good runners when mileage gets high....i got my eye on a yellow 2 with 44,5000 for around $37,000 is that high to you all, i wuld try to talk it down to 30-32K...would this be a good idea with it having 44,500 miles on it? any help would be great....thanks
Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H3er thinking about moving to an H2..need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLUV12
hello all, 3 owner here thinking about getting an H2, but i wonder about milage..how long are everysone H2's running, are they good runners when mileage gets high....i got my eye on a yellow 2 with 44,5000 for around $37,000 is that high to you all, i wuld try to talk it down to 30-32K...would this be a good idea with it having 44,500 miles on it? any help would be great....thanks

I traded from an H3 to an H2. I have 43k on my 03. No issues. Runs strong. I would negotiate the price to a level so that you have cash leftover (3k or so) for a GOD extended service plan through 100k miles.

Then you have no worries.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

What year? milage seems high.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

Trinity is off the scale

Went from a H3 to a new H2 SUT a little over a month ago.

FWIW, I traded a 6 month old Sequoia that was getting about 13 mpg for my H3. Why? Because it was a boring vehicle that got crappy gas mileage, and I wasn't enjoying driving it. I wanted a Hummer, and the H3 was a good entry point price wise. After a year, the Hummer ownership bug had bite me hard, and then I knew that I had to have an H2. While I was filling up the Sequoia with gas every few days, no one once asked me about it. With a Hummer, you are mini-celebrity. EVERYONE wants to ask you about it, ride in it, and drive it.

When you figure that I am getting about 12 in town with the SUT, it really is not that different from the Sequoia. Bottomline - if you want an H2, buy an H2. If you are really concerned about gas mileage, then you shouldn't, because you will second guess yourself forever. Not knocking you, just my $.02.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

04 with almost 60,000 miles on it....and (knock on wood) haven't had one problem yet. Though I did go ahead and purchase an Aftermarket warrenty protection(4 years unlimited miles)

As someone else said........if you are worried about gas mpg then you shouldn't buy a H2.

I could careless if I only got 1mpg all the time.......I love my H2 no matter what.....
Old 04-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Elcova Newbie

Zoobersoft is on a distinguished road

Sounds high to me.......
I paid $32k for an 03 with 18k miles on it. Very happy, no problems
Old 04-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my 2006 SUV with 11K on it 6 months ago (or so) for $40K...

Be patient and watch the internet and you'll do well. Once you find it, go buy it immediately. Mine hit the internet at midnight and I bought it at 11am.
2006 Twilight Maroon H2, Procomp 6001 rims, 35" X 12.5 X 17 Xterrain tires, Ram over-the-hood brush guard, Jet Stage I, Warn 9.5 winch and winch bumper, Hedman Headers, K&N Air charger, Lightforce driving lights, a little CHROME for good measure

2006 Victory Red H3 (The Titanic), R.I.P. - It didn't float

1968 Mustang GT convertible

2005 Harley Davidson Hertitage Softail, Stage I, Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs - Sold

2004 Jaguar S-Type (the wifemobile)
Old 04-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

waikikiTed is on a distinguished road

Go with the H2. For good peace of mind look at the Certified Pre-Owned ones from Hummer. Get a great warranty with it, 24hr road side assistance, and the ability to take advantage of special GMAC financing promos.

Also, as I was looking for mine last week, I think that I saw great deals on Carmax.com. What I liked about them was that they had some, what appeared to be, great looking, low mile H2s priced below Blue Book. considering that a very clean one is often priced well over BB from a dealer, this no frills, no haggle pricing is nice. Just get a good extended warranty.

Needless to say, I didnt buy via Carmax as there's none located in the NorthWest and I didnt feel like dealing with the out of state purchase when I found a nice one at the local dealer.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:04 AM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you get extended warranty! It's worth the money and peace of mind!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:29 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

I saw an '05 H3 with 35000 miles on it with a bunch of options for 33,900$

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 04-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale

Traded to a H2, driving a Lincoln Mark LT for a year, having owned an H3 previously. I get 11 mpg so far, going to go to synthetic oil soon to see if it helps. Only 1,200 miles so far. Mixture of suburban and highway driving.

H2 is what you would expect if you think about it, its an H3 on steroids. Thats it. While the H3 is comfy, the H2 is as, if not more, then my previous Lincoln. There are some size issues. Parking spaces take some practice and you need to check your height on older garages and car washes. Harder and longer to clean. Its simply, bigger, taller and a step up in all ways. Frankly, the H2 does not have much more storage space then the H3 imho.

I loved my H3 but the i5 was a joke and its major shortcoming. I owned a Colorado and though it was junk and traded out in under 3 months, so I did a lot of research before buying the H3, believe me. It was capable up to about 55 mph and towing was fair with light weights. If you love your H3, you might consider waiting for the H3 alpha with the V-8. While I see they added horsepower this past year, I already had an aftermarket air filter and exhaust and knew 10-20 horsepower was not enough for the H3 before they did that.

Again, the H2 is AWESOME, just remember, compared to the H3, its HUGE, so a lot more work financially, physically (ladder to wax roof) and of course in some areas people just hate them as the poster child for bad gas mileage. It really is not a vehicle for everyone, please drive it before you buy it to be aware of its massive size and gas mileage. You will lose 5-7 mpg getting an H2, and with gas back near $3 a gallon, its 70 bucks or so to fill. My debit card wont even allow me to fill it.

Let us know how you make out.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Such good info for all of us...
Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

The Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

You have seen the light.

H3s are for people who can't afford real Hummers like the H2 or H1. And there are a small handful that can afford the upgrade the moment they realize this about their H3. The H2 crowd predicted this months before the H3 sedan came out.

Also make sure you trade it now before the real H3(Alpha) comes out. The H3 car will be worthless when that happens.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

cl998 is on a distinguished road

I had an 03 h2 and ran it up to 72,000 miles. The only issue I had was the power mirrors not folding in all the way and a switch in the air conditioning, no big deal, they were covered with the warranty. I wanted to switch to the H3 but I just couldnt do it. If the H3 was $20k I would but they hold their value so well I couldnt find a good deal on a used one. So now I have a H2 SUT and love it. It get about 12-13mpg, my 03 SUV got 10mpg.

It is worth the $ to get what you really want. Last summer I bitched about gas, this summer I will not let it bug me. My new motto is "The can raise the price but they cant stop me from driving my H2."
Old 04-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale

I respectfully disagree. For me, the H1 was always just ugly. The H2 was awesome, but at the time I just decided I did not want to deal with its large size and gas mileage and wanted a pickup truck. I always thought if the H2 was just available in a more reasonable size, I would jump on it.

When I bought the H3, I could have afforded an H1 if I wanted to, but I thought the Hummer idea chopped down into a truck that fits anywhere, gets good gas mileage and was just a friendly daily driver was a great idea. I really liked the truck and again, it was just the lack of horsepower that drove me away. If I like what I see on upcoming models, H3 pickup or alpha, I may step back down to the H3 again just for the reasons I mentioned. Of course, I have other vehicles to drive, so my main driver is not a huge concern.

Your probably right for someone who owns one vehicle though. Hope you dont mind my arguing with you Good reminder about getting out before the market gets flooded with H3 I-5 tradeins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juice
You have seen the light.

H3s are for people who can't afford real Hummers like the H2 or H1. And there are a small handful that can afford the upgrade the moment they realize this about their H3. The H2 crowd predicted this months before the H3 sedan came out.

Also make sure you trade it now before the real H3(Alpha) comes out. The H3 car will be worthless when that happens.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3s are to Hummers as the Sportster is to the Harleys.

.................that said, I DO really like some of those special edition H3 that are lifted with the bigger tires, rails/guards, etc. I remember seeing one on display in the Boise airport and thinking they should have called it an H2-1/2 as it just looked too good to be considered a plain ol' H3.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikiTed
H3s are to Hummers as the Sportster is to the Harleys.

.................that said, I DO really like some of those special edition H3 that are lifted with the bigger tires, rails/guards, etc. I remember seeing one on display in the Boise airport and thinking they should have called it an H2-1/2 as it just looked too good to be considered a plain ol' H3.

Does that make your pee pee feel bigger to believe that?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
Does that make your pee pee feel bigger to believe that?

Hmmm..... don't think it can feel any bigger than it already does driving the H2!!

.......at least that is when the wife opens her purse, lends me my manhood, and allows me to play big boy for a few minutes.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I would buy a 04 or newer and taht is too high of price, depending on options that rig is worth 28 max in real money. H2 is the bomb but doesn't fit for me. If you wanna throw around that the three is not a real Hummer then buy the H1 cuz nothing will ever compare to it. you can get a used H1 for 32 k but keeping it on the road will kill ya
Old 04-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

cl998 is on a distinguished road

I test drove the H1 for a day with the intent of buying it. It was a sweet machine and lots of fun to drive but it was cramped, slow and really not as plush as the H2. I still want one but it is not as ideal for a daily driver, not when you are running late to work. I felt like I was buying a bulldozer or piece of heavy equipment, not a car.

I have had many H3's as rentals and I liked them but not quite as much as the H2. Having said that they were stripped down H3's. I havent ruled out the H3 down the road. Like I said before when the used ones are $20k or so I will give it another look. Its just tough when a used H3 costs as much as a used H2, its hard to justify. I want to get a used H3 and just beat the crap out of it in the woods. I think it will take the trails better.