H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my headers installed today. Huge differance. And yes Seth, before you point it out, it does make it easier to go over the parking blocks at the mall.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Hummer Authority

Got my headers installed today. Huge differance. And yes Seth, before you point it out, it does make it easier to go over the parking blocks at the mall.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of Headers James? Long or short headers, ceramic coated...
Any noticeable engine compartment heating issues?
Is it a noticable increase in torque and hp?

You should be able to jump those parking lot barriers and attendant booths too!!

You go boyeeeee!
Keep up those mods, Seth is just jealous Joyce won't let him touch her Hummer!

Ric-H2
Old 02-17-2005, 12:48 AM

4churchill is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RIC-H2:
Seth is just jealous Joyce won't let him touch her Hummer!

Ric-H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! yeah im curious about the headers too, let us know whats up with them

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

I have the chrome edelbrock on mine. It's no whiplashing gain of hp but it's noticeable and i am very happy with it.

Just make sure you stay away from borla crap, i had the borla installed at first but it was burning my plug wires (the cylinder closest to the firewall on the driver's side). The shop where i got it from and myself left like 6 messages for borla tech support/customer service but never got a call back! I tried header wrap and foil up the wires but it was still burning them. I thought of using shorter plug wire or mickey mouse some bracket but then again, why should i go thru all the hassle when in fact borla is the one who design a poor product in the first place? So I ended up taking the borla out and replaced them with the edelbrock and have been happily ever since

Oh, one more thing, the borla doesn't even come with flange gaskets. And nobody (not even dealers) had them in stock at the time so i had to make my own And yes, edelbrock came with them.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Ok, can we get everyone with headers to list the brand, type and good vs bad. I'm getting ready to purchase and don't want to make mistakes that have already been done.

Borla seem's out.

Thanks every one.

( I did do a search not much on likes and dislikes)
Old 02-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I have had Stainless longneck Dynatech headers for a couple of months and I am very pleased. Could feel the difference immediately. I added flowmaster dual exhaust with 40 series muffler over rear axle cut short up under the body like factory. Unseen and sound is so perfect it is like I had several H2's running and was able to pick the sound I wanted. It was done at a performance exhaust shop not a muffler shop. There is a difference. So pick a perf. shop and trust them they are use to tuning exhaust to hear not to make it quite. Also if they do not get it to sound just like You want and You can explain the difference they can figure what they need to do on Your return visit. That is what happened with mine. First shot they stopped in front of axle and turned down but after driving 1 day I told them the sound was good but getting to much reverb inside the cab and He said then We need to go over the axle. He pulled it in no waiting and the owner of the shop jumped on it and it was perfect after that. Just thought I would share that to ecourage you to look for performance shop. They act and treat You Profesionally. I had considered splitting the dual to come out 1 on each side. Exhaust guy said no problem but by having headers and dual exhaust You really want to get from a to b as quick and straight as You can. Plus if You should later decide to off road You really should have exhaust tucked up where factory is to insure no damage. Made since so both 40 series mufflers are side by side in the factory hole and over the axle in factory space. I feel He really did Me a favor by explaining it and not just say I'm doing it this way. He had done several H2's and on a couple He did as they wanted and they came back with needing repairs by having exhaust to low etc.
Well hope this helps. I'm very pleased with Dynatech!!!

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Hummer Authority

Mine are JBA Stainless Shorties. See http://www.jbaheaders.com

I already had a Magna Flow exhaust system.

The truck sounds a little different in that it may be a little louder. Where I notice the difference is when I take off from a stop. Just seems to have more "balls". I also towed my boat last night and noticed a big change when I climbed a hill that leads in to my housing area.

We also slapped an Edelbrock Torque Arm on to replace that cheezy thin metal stock one. There was a difference there too.

I think I still need to mess with the Hypertech setting a little.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Throttle Responce was what I was trying to say. Big difference.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

I have long tube headers from The Other Guys. They are cermic coated and work great. I been running them for 2 years and they still look like the day I bought them.

http://www.theotherguysproducts.com/
Old 02-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
We also slapped an Edelbrock Torque Arm on to replace that cheezy thin metal stock one. There was a difference there too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the Edelbrock torque arm?
Do you have a site for that or a picture?

Thanks,
Ric-H2
Old 02-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Hummer Authority

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html
Old 02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, can we get everyone with headers to list the brand, type and good vs bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Borla, no problems. Just alittle rusty looking. Sorry you're excluding them. Maybe I haven't driven it enough to have problems.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

Excluded Borla Based on the comment below:

Just make sure you stay away from borla crap, i had the borla installed at first but it was burning my plug wires (the cylinder closest to the firewall on the driver's side). The shop where i got it from and myself left like 6 messages for borla tech support/customer service but never got a call back! I tried header wrap and foil up the wires but it was still burning them. I thought of using shorter plug wire or mickey mouse some bracket but then again, why should i go thru all the hassle when in fact borla is the one who design a poor product in the first place? So I ended up taking the borla out and replaced them with the edelbrock and have been happily ever since

Oh, one more thing, the borla doesn't even come with flange gaskets. And nobody (not even dealers) had them in stock at the time so i had to make my own And yes, edelbrock came with them.

(<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

Borla, no problems. Just alittle rusty looking. Sorry you're excluding them. Maybe I haven't driven it enough to have problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Edlebrock Ceramics had them for about a year and they still look as good as the day they were installed. No heat issues under the hood
Old 02-18-2005, 05:18 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

What the hell????

Ohhhh, didn't see the "ers" at the end...