H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-18-2005, 02:55 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See link below to article:

"With each new Hummer model being more successful than the last, General Motors officials aren’t likely to stop expanding the brand soon.

Plans are under way for the H4, which is expected to be a strong competitor for Jeep’s off-road icon, the Wrangler. H4 plans call for a smaller hard-core off-roader. At present GM has not identified which GM chassis will be the donor or which engine will get the call, but the five-cylinder from the H3 is a likely candidate. Robert Lutz, the vice president in charge of products, is rumored to be a strong supporter of the new H4. Lutz is the former head of Jeep, so he should know how to compete against it.

Further down the road, there will likely be a softer side of Hummer for buyers who don’t want to just climb a mountain but are more comfortable scaling a parking ramp at the mall."

Link
Old 12-18-2005, 02:55 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See link below to article:

"With each new Hummer model being more successful than the last, General Motors officials aren’t likely to stop expanding the brand soon.

Plans are under way for the H4, which is expected to be a strong competitor for Jeep’s off-road icon, the Wrangler. H4 plans call for a smaller hard-core off-roader. At present GM has not identified which GM chassis will be the donor or which engine will get the call, but the five-cylinder from the H3 is a likely candidate. Robert Lutz, the vice president in charge of products, is rumored to be a strong supporter of the new H4. Lutz is the former head of Jeep, so he should know how to compete against it.

Further down the road, there will likely be a softer side of Hummer for buyers who don’t want to just climb a mountain but are more comfortable scaling a parking ramp at the mall."

Link
Old 12-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

I think GM should wait 40 years like Jeep and Land Rover did to soften the brand.

Putting a 5 cylinder in to compete with the wrangler might be ok, but they should want to compete with the Land Rover D-90 since that is more capable stock than a wrangler. Who knows what engine the new d90 will have but if ford was smart they would still put a V8 in it. That thing was fast.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

H3 2 wheel drive All hummers should be 4wd.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as they keep making the H1-H3 the way they are or better and they don't muck with the price points (at least on the H2), I'm not too concerned. I want to be able to afford to pick up a second H2 at some point in the next couple years.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

F**k NO DON'T WATER IT DOWN LIKE JEEP DID!
Please get rid of that Idiot!, whats next a 2WD H1 I don't think so!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
, whats next a 2WD H1 I don't think so! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know of a couple of guys that have 2wd H1's. There is also a company that is rebuilding the current t-case to have more gears. I can't remember what additional settings will available but 2wd is one of them.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:18 AM

cherokeekid is off the scale

How exactly do you have a 2wd H1? replace the portholes with a knuckle?

The case in the H1 is a nv242hd, when used in chrysler vehicles (nv242) it has a 2hi setting as well as 4hi/4 fulltime and 4 low, not sure what the differences are between that and gm style though as far as the selections.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 AM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckhagman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
, whats next a 2WD H1 I don't think so! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know of a couple of guys that have 2wd H1's. There is also a company that is rebuilding the current t-case to have more gears. I can't remember what additional settings will available but 2wd is one of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I really don't understand why the F**K you would want a 2WD Hummer of any kind, that would be so damm stupid!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said.

I really don't understand why the F**K you would want a 2WD Hummer of any kind, that would be so damm stupid! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-21-2005, 10:52 AM

Thai is off the scale

I would not mind seeing a smaller version of Hummer (H4) with similar options to the H3 or Rubicon (4:1 TC, lockers both ends, etc.). That would be an awesome small package for off-roading.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Hummer Expert

I like this concept.

How do I attach a picture without the picture being an outside link?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

If they have half a brain, they will ditch the IFS and give us a Solid Axle Front end!!! I might just collect enough cans to buy something new!!!

A v8 would be nice too!

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Elcova Rookie

Aaron Kappler is off the scale

I really don't understand why the F**K you would want a 2WD Hummer of any kind, that would be so damm stupid! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you don't need 4x4 on the road. Having a 2wd notch on the tcase wouldn't be that big of a deal. 2WD while on pavement, 4HI on snow/mud, 4LO on rocks.

Now having a 2WD only Hummer would be ridiculous!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I remember when H1 owners were worried about the H2 softening the brand. Then both were worried about the H3. Same thing now with the H4. In neither case did the brand get compromised, but to the contrary greater awareness was generated along with growing respect for the originals. I now get comments on the H2 from more people because of the H3 marketing campaign. And the people who really know offroading still have true respect for H1s and 2s, as they will when the H7 comes out.

I hope they keep going with new models so long as each Hummer continues to be superior in performance and beauty within its category.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Gang, there's a ton of info here about the Hx. Search around because most everything has been covered more than once. There's no new info in that article.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckhagman:
I like this concept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That would be cool, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a box shaped version of this;

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, I hope a 2WD is not in the works and I hope off road performace is not compermised.