H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

So I took the chance and drove Red Thunder (Red Dodge Van for those not in the know) and noticed distinct differences from the HUMMER.

First I noticed the acceleration is seriously lacking in the van. That pig won't get out of it's own way.

Next I noticed it's much harder to merge into traffic. People really don't let you in as easily. I find the HUMMER just goes right over with no problem.

With the minivan I can drive real slow in the passing lane and not get a "finger". People think it's the way all those drivers are. On the otherhand, some people will tailgate the van, but never the HUMMER. Especially after an accidental "brake check".

Parking the van is easy. Heck, I'll leave it anywhere. The HUMMER can be parked anywhere, too. Even on cars, bikes, etc. I just don't like leaving it alone with all the common cars.

At home, the HUMMER has to be put in the garage, and then demands the cover. The van is happy wherever it's left.

Other drivers don't even notice the van in city traffic. You can pick your nose all day and never be seen. With the HUMMER I can't even scratch without people seeing.

Women love HUMMERS. Guys love HUMMERS even more. Kids love the HUMMER. Soccer moms love the van.

Just some observations.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

So I took the chance and drove Red Thunder (Red Dodge Van for those not in the know) and noticed distinct differences from the HUMMER.

First I noticed the acceleration is seriously lacking in the van. That pig won't get out of it's own way.

Next I noticed it's much harder to merge into traffic. People really don't let you in as easily. I find the HUMMER just goes right over with no problem.

With the minivan I can drive real slow in the passing lane and not get a "finger". People think it's the way all those drivers are. On the otherhand, some people will tailgate the van, but never the HUMMER. Especially after an accidental "brake check".

Parking the van is easy. Heck, I'll leave it anywhere. The HUMMER can be parked anywhere, too. Even on cars, bikes, etc. I just don't like leaving it alone with all the common cars.

At home, the HUMMER has to be put in the garage, and then demands the cover. The van is happy wherever it's left.

Other drivers don't even notice the van in city traffic. You can pick your nose all day and never be seen. With the HUMMER I can't even scratch without people seeing.

Women love HUMMERS. Guys love HUMMERS even more. Kids love the HUMMER. Soccer moms love the van.

Just some observations.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

I enjoyed that read Ken....thanks.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
I enjoyed that read Ken....thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I do the best I can with the little I have. I also think alittle humor is warranted this weekend.

Let's see what else there is. Hummm... They both can go weeks without getting a bath, but the HUMMER still shines.

When putting the groceries in the van it's very easy to knock your head on the door jam. I did that twice in one day! That's never happened with the HUMMER.

To get in the van I have to get in very strange, contorted positions... and try not to bang my head. Getting in the HUMMER is an easy step and slide. (Now the 5'4" wife has issues getting into the H2 without the steps, but that's going to be another topic )

When taking the van out, tipping the valet is cheap, but the HUMMER can get expensive. Of course, the HUMMER gets parked right in front and the van gets buried in the back lot somewhere.

School buses full of kids stare, wave and point at the H2 and it's fine passengers. School buses full of kids stare, laugh and point at the poor fellow driving the minivan.

The kids can eat in the minivan. Kids aren't allowed in the H2.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice! I've raised my kids in the H2 though.
No eating. Just sippy cups when needed. Drty calls it a chrome jungle gym. And I have a terrible time keeping my son from hanging off the rear light guards.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
No eating. Just sippy cups when needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My little boy is so well trained he tells me if my wife drinks/eats in the H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, Oh... That's nice! I even bought the seat covers JUST for the rear. The baby rode in it ONCE and shook the sippy cup or something. Damn milk stains everywhere.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
No eating. Just sippy cups when needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My little boy is so well trained he tells me if my wife drinks/eats in the H2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, Oh... That's nice! I even bought the seat covers JUST for the rear. The baby rode in it ONCE and shook the sippy cup or something. Damn milk stains everywhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I feel yer pain.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Next I noticed it's much harder to merge into traffic. People really don't let you in as easily. I find the HUMMER just goes right over with no problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Oh how true!</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With the minivan I can drive real slow in the passing lane and not get a "finger". People think it's the way all those drivers are. On the otherhand, some people will tailgate the van, but never the HUMMER. Especially after an accidental "brake check". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Hmmm... "brake check" -- that's a familiar thing with me! </span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">At home, the HUMMER has to be put in the garage, and then demands the cover. The van is happy wherever it's left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Damn, at least you CAN get it in the garage! With my light bar, mine won't even come CLOSE to fitting under the door! (poor H2... ) </span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Women love HUMMERS. Guys love HUMMERS even more. Kids love the HUMMER. Soccer moms love the van. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">This ex-soccer mom LOVES HER HUMMER!</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just some observations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Thanks for the laugh! </span>

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv