H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

For those who have just ordered or are considering, I will post the timeline of my recent order

On 6/25/05 (Saturday) I ordered my Slate Blue Metallic LUX with OffRoad Pkg, Auto Tranny, Cashmire Int, Sunroof, XM, Brush Guard, Roof Rails, and Trailering Equip.
I ordered through Coral Hummer in FL and they accepted my Real GMS auth (Father is GM Retiree). I had a long time Cadillac saleseman help me and he really knew the process well. He said he was having alot of fun helping out the Hummer sales guys because they were so busy. They were able to print a Vehicle Order Detail w/Order Number on the spot.

6/27/05 Called Hummer 800 support and they could see my order number in the system but no build date. As mentioned eariler on this forum, Tuesday and Thursday are system update days.

6/29/05 Called H S and they were able to give me a build date of 7/18/05. This falls in line with the 2 week shutdown in July as mentioned earlier. Now I can only hope that the shipping lots are cleared out in the two week downtime and when mine is built it ships quickly I will update this post as updates are available.

7/22/05 Hummer support said by build date was pushed back a week and 7/25 was now the date.

7/27/05 HS called today...Built last week and SHIPPED on 7/22! They told me to call the dealer to track it in shipping.

8/06/05 Timing is everything! I arrived at Coral Hummer today to do a drive thru and see if any Slate Blues were on the lot...As the truck was unloading 2 of them. 1 was MINE! My wife thinks I am a dork for standing there just watching the unloader work They said it would be ready for pickup Monday or Tuesday.

8/9/05 Took delivery today. Everything was perfect! OnStar & XM activated, full tank of gas, and out the door in 50 minutes with just as many handshakes and congratulations.

Exactly 6 weeks from order to dealer including a 2 week plant shutdown. Awesome!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

For those who have just ordered or are considering, I will post the timeline of my recent order

On 6/25/05 (Saturday) I ordered my Slate Blue Metallic LUX with OffRoad Pkg, Auto Tranny, Cashmire Int, Sunroof, XM, Brush Guard, Roof Rails, and Trailering Equip.
I ordered through Coral Hummer in FL and they accepted my Real GMS auth (Father is GM Retiree). I had a long time Cadillac saleseman help me and he really knew the process well. He said he was having alot of fun helping out the Hummer sales guys because they were so busy. They were able to print a Vehicle Order Detail w/Order Number on the spot.

6/27/05 Called Hummer 800 support and they could see my order number in the system but no build date. As mentioned eariler on this forum, Tuesday and Thursday are system update days.

6/29/05 Called H S and they were able to give me a build date of 7/18/05. This falls in line with the 2 week shutdown in July as mentioned earlier. Now I can only hope that the shipping lots are cleared out in the two week downtime and when mine is built it ships quickly I will update this post as updates are available.

7/22/05 Hummer support said by build date was pushed back a week and 7/25 was now the date.

7/27/05 HS called today...Built last week and SHIPPED on 7/22! They told me to call the dealer to track it in shipping.

8/06/05 Timing is everything! I arrived at Coral Hummer today to do a drive thru and see if any Slate Blues were on the lot...As the truck was unloading 2 of them. 1 was MINE! My wife thinks I am a dork for standing there just watching the unloader work They said it would be ready for pickup Monday or Tuesday.

8/9/05 Took delivery today. Everything was perfect! OnStar & XM activated, full tank of gas, and out the door in 50 minutes with just as many handshakes and congratulations.

Exactly 6 weeks from order to dealer including a 2 week plant shutdown. Awesome!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummer3 is off the scale

The H3's shipping out are in the ser# range 109,000 to 110,000. I am waiting on my H3 that was built on the 22nd with a ser# in the 111,000 range. H3's are leaving the lot big time right know. I bet the lot will be clean in 2 weeks. I would guess your ser# will be around 113,000 range.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:55 PM

DanB is off the scale

Thanks to everyone for all the info, I ordered mine on June 13th, build date was June 28th, but the dealer had told me it could be another 3 to 6 weeks for the delivery.

Victory Red H3
w/Adventure Pkg
Chrome Pkg
Sunroof
Old 06-30-2005, 12:53 AM

H3mainer is off the scale

i dont know my # but my dealer is expecting my slate blue lux,adv,sunroof on aug 14 and i ordered that june 16. someones timeline is off i hope its my dealer. but im also in maine so there is not much farther they can ship it. hahaha. he did say H3s are coming in fast now and he gets most a week or 2 ahead of scheduled date. im crossing my fingers and praying every nite because it is getting very tough watching all your pics. the pics are great though and keep em coming. especially the offropad ones.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:05 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope we start seening the slate blue before that. I put my deposit down back in late March

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

I see the Slate Blue now being built. Evidently that was a new color for the Colorado and Canyon for 2006. That is why it is just showing up.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Hummer Guru

Well make sure they hurry on my then

Old 06-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Hummer Guru

And enjoy your two weeks off too

Old 07-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

OK, Vacaton is almost over...Time to build the Hummers
Old 07-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMER H3 4 ME is off the scale

Slates are here and the first one is sold, it sold yesterday and I was able to get a pic. I'll post asap. They have another Slate but it was in the car wash, may get more pix today.
Mom: 2008 Cadillac Escalade - Blue Chip
Brother: In the near future: 2009 HUMMER H3T - All-Terrain Blue
Old 07-18-2005, 03:46 PM

GrimReaper is off the scale

Well, at least you guys were able to place orders. I left my order with the dealer last Wed night, and he was supposed to order it Thursday. Called on Thursday and said that he could only order yellow and red that week, and that he would try again today (Modnay). It is mid afternoon, I have left him a message, and still I have not heard. I am asking for Superior blue and manual trans, and so I fear that I could be waiting for months. I would switch to Slate in an instant if they told me there was a problem with Superior. I have no real preference for either one - I'm just trying to guess at which one will look better (to me).
Old 07-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Hummer Guru

I don't know how it works on the ordering but that sounds like such BS about only being able to order two colors that week. Is this really how it works?

Old 07-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Today is supposed to be the birthday of my H3!

My dealer (Coral Hummer) typed the order into the system on 6/25 as I waited and had a build sheet and number almost instantly. I ordered Slate Blue, Lux, OffRoad, XM, Sunroof, Brush Guard, Top Fog Lights, Roof Racks, Trailer Hitch, and Auto Tranny. I stopped in today to get an update and they treated me like I was already part of the family. The latest update they had is that it was in the Production Schedule as of 7/2.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Just got the news that my H3 will be built on the 25th, 1 week later than planned.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

It Shipped!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

primal-hunter is off the scale

I would not get too excited. My dealer told me two weeks ago, that my slate blue H3 was built and waiting to be shipped. I called today to get an update and was told that my H3 was "on hold". I said why and the only response was that there might have been a quality assurance problem.

To make a long story short, he says that it is futile to call Hummer because they cant' (or won't) be straight with the dealer. I just cant believe this ##$#$#@!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

I figured 8-10 weeks so anytime before September is ahead of schedule. My father is a retired GM employee so I accept/understand the build time. After all, I heard about the Factory dilemas every night at the dinner table from 1967-1989 (some I remember better than others)
Old 07-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

some of the delaers don't get it with you customers! Call hummer yourself, if the dealers gives you sheet then talk to the owner or call hummer again.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
I don't know how it works on the ordering but that sounds like such BS about only being able to order two colors that week. Is this really how it works? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I worked onsite in engineering at a GM plant, the only time a color would not be accepted was if it was on hold for quality issues or it was a new color not being produced at that time. I have never heard of only running two different colors in one week. Only exception was the old Cadillac plant in Detroit, where once a year they ran only one color on one specific day, and that was Pink for Mary Kay, but I can't see this being done for Hummer.

However, I don't work at Shreveport, and things change all the time at GM.