H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Installed New CV's and Dynomax Exhaust

Yahoo!! Got my new DYNOMAX Ultra Flo-X part number 17554, sounds really deep and very agressive. Also helped that I removed my resonator and bypassed the EPA sensors (That little snipit of technology cost $400.00), all said and done I got the exhaust and sensor's for $800.00. I replaced my left side CV with the CARDONE Select half shaft and wow! what a difference. I replaced my right side a short time ago and saw that the housing and construction of the CARDONE SELECT is by far more superior than the factory OEM. Here in Canada the CV will cost you $1,200.00 from a dealership while through CARDONE they will cost you $450.00CDN for not one but two of them, this price includes shipping, exchange rate and duty ($85.00 through UPS). I got the new CV istalled and got an oil change at the same time all for $154.00.

On another note, what the heck kind of tinny piece of crap factory exhaust was on the truck in the first place? when it was removed I had a good look at it and I was most unimpressed, what a piece of crap! my suggestion is get rid of that stock muffler ASAP and get a DYNOMAX. Now that my resonator is removed the sound coming from the rig is just perfect...low deep growling while idling and when the hammer goes down the pipes come fully to life, sounds like the after burners on an F-16 Interceptor. If I do not factor in the cost for the sensors my whole exhaust along with installation came to $370.00. Done by minute muffler and the warranty is through DYNOMAX for life. Am I pleased.... hell yea!

Last edited by MDimitri : 07-20-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Installed New CV's and Dynomax Exhaust

Hi Phil,

Absolutely, when you replace the original stock units you'll notice a much smoother handling front end and range of movement when turning. When I cranked the steering over when I had the stock units it always felt kind of loose... now with both CV's being the SELECT the steering feels firmer and more fluid. I ran the new CARDONE SELECT and stock units together for a short while and could feel a difference in steering control and response from my passanger side where the SELECT unit was placed. Have a look at the construction of the CARDONE CV's and compare them to the stock units, you'll notice a big difference. The housing is thicker and the joints are larger to accomodate greater stresses. All said, the CARDONE select units are a heck of a great buy and very dependable. I have already ordered the FABTECH tierods and a kit to help reinforce and stabalize the pitman arms, this should, when all is done, provide a much more worry free ride when off roading.