H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-16-2006, 03:06 AM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default REMOTE START?

Now that it is winter time, iam considering installing a remote start. I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good brands or what i should look for. THANKS
Old 10-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: REMOTE START?

Clifford Matrix!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Hummer Expert

twenty2 is an unknown quantity at this point

hornet
2003 H2 Lux Series. Murdered Out! 20x10 Eagle Wrapped with Nitto Mud Grapplers 35x12.5x20 Full tint including windshield, full LED interior, K&N Intake, HID Headlights & Fogs, Plasti Dip Skid plate & front/back Lower Bumpers, List goes on!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Clifford or Viper are the best and the only brands I would use.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
Clifford or Viper are the best and the only brands I would use.

They'rer also the same company or sister company.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, Directed Electronics Incorporated owns:
Viper
Clifford
Hornet
Sidewinder
Python
Rattler
Valet
Wasp
(and maybe a few more)
And I believe they all offer a responder type system; be it called "Responder" or "Two-Way."
They do this for marketing. This way, three stores in the same block could sell what seems like three diffrerent systems, yet they are almost identical except for the color of the remotes.

I have the Viper, but almost purchased a Clifford.

Only thing I recommend is to keep the screen on the responder alart from getting all scrathed up, put some of that protective film from 3M. I have changed mine twice since it gets scratched.
If anyone wants a template for the Viper reponder alert (and any other) let me know.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

so, i can get the remote start w/o buying an aftermarket alarm?
Old 10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

SUT NEIL is on a distinguished road

I've always used Astrostart Model Astro2WA. It has an lcd remote with "incredible" range. It operates as a remote start and door lock/unlock. Would not recommend a dyi installation. It's pricey but again the range is incredible.
2005 SUT: Firemist Red/Ebony; LUX; Sunroof; Uplevel Chrome Pkg; NAV; Air Suspension; Remote Start; Superchip; Volant CAI & MAF; 2006 Chrome SE Wheels & Front Brushguard; Front & Rear Cameras & Park Sensors With Audible Alarms & Digital Displays; Custom Tiger Stripe Interior Panels & Steering Wheel By OEMDASH; Bassani SS Exhaust; Wet Okole Seat Covers; Defenderworx Chrome Billet Tow Loops & Side Air Vents; HotShot System

1970 Pontiac Trans AM
2000 Mercedes SL500 AMG Sport
2006 C280 4Matic
Old 10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Hummer Professional

WHOSNEXT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUT NEIL
Would not recommend a dyi installation.

whats that?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT
whats that?
do yourself it....
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT
whats that?

I can't even blame that on broken english! But you know what I mean
2005 SUT: Firemist Red/Ebony; LUX; Sunroof; Uplevel Chrome Pkg; NAV; Air Suspension; Remote Start; Superchip; Volant CAI & MAF; 2006 Chrome SE Wheels & Front Brushguard; Front & Rear Cameras & Park Sensors With Audible Alarms & Digital Displays; Custom Tiger Stripe Interior Panels & Steering Wheel By OEMDASH; Bassani SS Exhaust; Wet Okole Seat Covers; Defenderworx Chrome Billet Tow Loops & Side Air Vents; HotShot System

1970 Pontiac Trans AM
2006 C280 4Matic
Old 10-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Compu-Star 2W900FM-AS

http://www.compustar.org/security_with_remote_start.htm
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 AM
Elcova Rookie

green6767 is on a distinguished road

Well, since installing remote starters is about 90% of my job working part time while in college currently, I can recommend AstroStart. I have been installing now for about 6 years and I have done about a dozen Hummers. The AstroStart model 4204 is the one with the LCD screen on it and yes it does have great range. I have also installed many other brands, including most of the ones mentioned, and AstroStart by far is the one I would trust 100%. The 2205 model is also a very good page-back model remote starter by AstroStart, but it it has a little less range, no lcd screen, and its costs less. Its the step down from the 4204. I install these on the side when I'm not working part time while going to school full time, so if anybody is up near the Fargo, ND region, I will guarantee the lowest price on any model AstroStart installed!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by green6767
Well, since installing remote starters is about 90% of my job working part time while in college currently, I can recommend AstroStart. I have been installing now for about 6 years and I have done about a dozen Hummers. The AstroStart model 4204 is the one with the LCD screen on it and yes it does have great range. I have also installed many other brands, including most of the ones mentioned, and AstroStart by far is the one I would trust 100%. The 2205 model is also a very good page-back model remote starter by AstroStart, but it it has a little less range, no lcd screen, and its costs less. Its the step down from the 4204. I install these on the side when I'm not working part time while going to school full time, so if anybody is up near the Fargo, ND region, I will guarantee the lowest price on any model AstroStart installed!

local guy here installs the same system Astrostart 4204 and well not install anything else. but he wants $600.00 to do it. seems very high to me?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Elcova Rookie

wow, $600 for that starter is very high! All in all, the wiring is EXACTLY like a new Silverado, Escalade, or any other GM product. Typically, those vehicles take me about an hour to complete. They are one of the easiest and fastest vehicles to put remote starters in. The only time consuming part is getting to the wiring. The top of the center console, dash plate, and other misc. parts have to come off first, which can take some time if you are not familiar with the Hummers. For what the remote starter actually costs him, and the bypass module costs him, he is making about a $450 profit, you do the math...haha. If I was to do a Hummer here, knowing what the actual cost of materials and time would be, I would charge right around $350 installed. Normally, for all other vehicle, for the the 4204, I charge an even $300. Considering the Hummer takes about an hour and a half longer to disassemble and reassemble the dash components, thats where the extra $50 comes from for me. $600 seems very steep to me.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Hummer Professional

thats why i have not had 1 installed yet....still looking in my area for someone that installs astrostart. thanks for the info
Old 10-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by green6767
wow, $600 for that starter is very high! All in all, the wiring is EXACTLY like a new Silverado, Escalade, or any other GM product. Typically, those vehicles take me about an hour to complete. They are one of the easiest and fastest vehicles to put remote starters in. The only time consuming part is getting to the wiring. The top of the center console, dash plate, and other misc. parts have to come off first, which can take some time if you are not familiar with the Hummers. For what the remote starter actually costs him, and the bypass module costs him, he is making about a $450 profit, you do the math...haha. If I was to do a Hummer here, knowing what the actual cost of materials and time would be, I would charge right around $350 installed. Normally, for all other vehicle, for the the 4204, I charge an even $300. Considering the Hummer takes about an hour and a half longer to disassemble and reassemble the dash components, thats where the extra $50 comes from for me. $600 seems very steep to me.

Attention anyone that is interested in the Astrostart 4204... Hop on this deal @ $350 installed. It's a great price for an incredible product - if installed properly.

Hey Green6767, does your 4204 come with the clear vinyl plastic remote cover?

1970 Pontiac Trans AM
2006 C280 4Matic
Old 10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Elcova Rookie

Like I mentioned before, been installing for almost 6 years now, and have done over a dozen hummers. $350 installed, bottom line, no tax...$350 out the door! Now again, not sure how many, if any, live even close to Fargo, ND, but if you're in the area, hit me up. Yes, the 4204 comes with a black vinyl cover with the clear plastic on the front. I have extra covers and additional remotes too. The 4204, aswell as all astrostarts only come with one remote, but most times, its all ya need. But additional ones are available.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

orlasttoy is off the scale

Python..its been great...really good remote range...

although i DID have an issue last winter where the remote starter wires somehow shorted out the starter itself...couldnt get the truck started no matter what!