H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

Anyone here from Alabama? I was going to see if there were any localized HUMMER events ...
Old 06-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

Anyone here from Alabama? I was going to see if there were any localized HUMMER events ...
Old 06-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I am... I just don't live there any more.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:21 PM

guyzilla is off the scale

Klaus,
Where, if anywhere, would you suggest i take my '03 H2 to have a navigation/satellite radio receiver put in it in the Atlanta area? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

Guyzilla, I'm not from your area but if I can suggest; I just installed a Delphi TNR (touchscreen navigation radio) on my 2003 H2, I did it my self in 3 1/2 hours, I order it from JP customs http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16649&cat=&page=
This unit is the same that is being use by Yukon’s, Cadillac's and H2's. You just remove the OEM radio and plug this one in and you are done, a very simple and complete installation guide comes with it. If you need more info just PM me or let me know. I will be glad to assist.
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 06-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Hummer Guru

You can also get the GM XM Radio Kit from them as well.

Whatever you do, be sure to get NEW, NEVER USED equipment, or you may have difficulty getting a dealer to unlock the built-in theftlock.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

ATRH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JMVH2:
Guyzilla, I'm not from your area but if I can suggest; I just installed a Delphi TNR (touchscreen navigation radio) on my 2003 H2, I did it my self in 3 1/2 hours, I order it from JP customs http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16649&cat=&page=
This unit is the same that is being use by Yukon’s, Cadillac's and H2's. You just remove the OEM radio and plug this one in and you are done, very simple and complete installation guide comes with it. If you need more info just PM me or let me know. I will be glad to assist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where/how did you mount the gps antenna?
Did you add XM also?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

ATRH2 the antena goes under the dash between the light sensor and the air bag switch, you have to remove the upper dash and screw the antena on the metal frame with an existing screw. I had XM from before and it works great, you also retain all the steering wheel controls as you are used to on the factory radio!
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 06-22-2005, 11:19 AM

guyzilla is off the scale

Thanks for the feedback. I may go ahead and try it myself but my main concerns are removing the radio/dash components (i also have the carbon trim package which i hope won't get in the way)and the wiring.
There seems to be alot of confusion as to whether or not i can use the existing controls on my steering wheel to operate the new radio. If i could then that would be GREAT.
Thanks again. I've always been a firm believer that if you want something done right then do it yourself. (I just hate experimenting with my own H2).
Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Hummer Guru

If you use GM parts, the sterring wheel controls will work just fine.

It's not that difficult if you take your time. Git-R-Done!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
If you use GM parts, the sterring wheel controls will work just fine.

It's not that difficult if you take your time. Git-R-Done! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Klaus mentioned it is not difficult and like Klaus mentioned ALL the steering wheel controls works as you are used to; I have the wood trim on mine and it does not get on the way , the best thing will be to call JP customs and talk to them before buying, they were very helpful to me, and if you want to PM me I can help and/or call you to help out. If you decide to do it believe me you will nor regret it, it is great and a lot of fun....
Old 06-23-2005, 02:08 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

JMVH2...check your PM. I sent you the info on the manual you wanted.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

Thanks Jonahs, I got it and replied back, Thanks again. I'm very happy with the TNR...