H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

CG07SUT is on a distinguished road
Default Bluetooth In Non-Lux

Anyone install one of the bluetooth phone kits into the non-lux H2's? I am looking into one of the Parrott systems (MK6100) or the Moto T605. Both hard-wire into the factory radios so that when calls are received, the radio mutes. I'm tired of dealing with Onstar, don't like their features, and have a stand-alone nav that must be portable due to rental vehicles. If anyone has installed, any thoughts on these two or others, and what wiring harness did you use to tap into our radio? FYI the radio is the 6-disk, and these kits allow A2DP music integration via bluetooth from any MP3 or phone.

Thanks for the help, Chris
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bluetooth In Non-Lux

Love my Parrot
Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Adam, which model do you have? Did you hardwire it into your radio? Which harness did you use to tie into the radio? Do you have the Lux or standard 6-disk radio?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

ib3 is on a distinguished road

GC , I love my parott also, I have a small problem with peaple hearing me through the mic but I hear them fine through the speakers. I have to be able to Mute. I listen to the radio kind of loud. I dont like the fact that parrots are made for the european cars but this company has a good system to make your cell phone work through On-star. http://www.coastaletech.com/onstar.htm
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

IB3,

Do you have the lux, Y91/Y92 system? I initially contacted coastaltech, but was advised by them that I had to have the lux/nav system for their interface to work. I found the same response from Integrated Solutions.

Also, what cell carrier do you have as I am hearing that Verizon does not work well with the Parrott systems?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

ib3 is on a distinguished road

I have Sprint. But I cannot believe the carrier would make a difference. It works just like a Bluetooth headset. I would think the phone and how compatible it is to Bluetooth would make the difference. The really cool thing is it automatically connects when you get close to the truck and the key is on. You don?t have to tell it to connect or anything. I have the nav system with touch screen. I could have installed it without the coastal e tech adapter but I was trying not to splice any wires. Although all my wiring I had to reference a Cadillac radio because parrot had nothing for Hummer. I would try to go here http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/in...s/parrotmk6100 and find a radio that matches your GM radio and you should be able to wire it without an adapter. It?s just not plug_and_play that way. The main wire is finding out which is the mute wire. The others are just power, ground and speaker wires. Hope this helps!