H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Question on A/C Recirc and non-recirc

I just got my '08 H2 and have noticed that when the A/C in set on recirculation I am still getting outdoor smells and odors... same as when recirc is not on. Is this an inherent problem or is mine not recirculating properly? I passed a man cutting his lawn and I swear the lawnmower with grass was inside with me!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question on A/C Recirc and non-recirc

L, I could never figure out how exactly mine works. Sometimes it will Recirc (green light on), sometimes it just flashes then remains off (no green light). I think it's got to do with either the Auto or if you adjust the fan manually. But for the life of me could not figure out which is which.

Most irritating when you see a dead skunk up ahead on Hawthorne and you're scrambling to turn on the recirc before the smell hits you and 2 out of 5 times it WON'T turn on!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Finally
L, I could never figure out how exactly mine works. Sometimes it will Recirc (green light on), sometimes it just flashes then remains off (no green light). I think it's got to do with either the Auto or if you adjust the fan manually. But for the life of me could not figure out which is which.

Most irritating when you see a dead skunk up ahead on Hawthorne and you're scrambling to turn on the recirc before the smell hits you and 2 out of 5 times it WON'T turn on!!!

LOLOL .. What's with all the dead skunks on Hawthorne recently anyways?!?! Especially that section between Silver Spur and PV Drive... actually Silver Spur and Black Horse, to be more exact?? Must be spring. Phew.

Thanks for your response, Horace.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

I have no sympathy for you people that are complaining about the smell of fresh cut grass inside your vehicle...... I could only wish/pray for that smell here in the Chicagoland area We have had tons of snow and cold.

With the recirculate on you really should not smell anything from the outside short of something so strong it penetrates anyway (like a fresh dead skunk that you straddled). My Z06 has no cats and when its not on recirculate I occasionally get an exhaust odor inside the car, when on recirc I get no odor at all. Both the H2 and that car will flash sometimes and shut off, I think it has to do with the initial setting.

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

Geez if I remember right I thought I read in the manual that the H2 always recirculates even when off.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by working Hummer
Geez if I remember right I thought I read in the manual that the H2 always recirculates even when off.

Reading the owners manual I guess would make sense Although I just usually figure out the hard way how to work stuff

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

ib3 is on a distinguished road

OK, this is how mine works. If it?s on defrost the recirculate will only flash. Then go off , this aids in the defrosting of windows. If it?s on a/c and you turn the ac off the recirculate will turn off. If the heater is set at a high temperature (which is probably your case) the recirculate will flash only then turn off. The best way to make it work would be set the tempature lower on the thermostat until the recirculate stays on. BTW this is only true on 2008 models. The a/c system is completely different for 2003 ? 2007.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib3
OK, this is how mine works. If it?s on defrost the recirculate will only flash. Then go off , this aids in the defrosting of windows. If it?s on a/c and you turn the ac off the recirculate will turn off. If the heater is set at a high temperature (which is probably your case) the recirculate will flash only then turn off. The best way to make it work would be set the tempature lower on the thermostat until the recirculate stays on. BTW this is only true on 2008 models. The a/c system is completely different for 2003 ? 2007.

Yes, that's exactly how mine works (2008). However, I still get some other outdoor smells, like a car exhaust from the car in front of me at a light, grass (they cut grass here all of the time), etc. I know Jeeps pull in outdoor smells even in recirc, but my H3 never did. Maybe I'll just put this on the "to check list' when I see the dealer with a couple of other minor things. Thanks!

(Note to MVR 155 .. I'm originally from Chicago and NO WAY could I live back there with those lonnnng winters and hot/humid summers! But, someone has to! )
Old 02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

ib3 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Question on A/C Recirc and non-recirc

If it?s on recirculate the door is either open or close. There is no in-between like the hot cold door. It sounds like yours is not closing right. Dealer fix!! It may be a recalibration thing.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib3
If it?s on recirculate the door is either open or close. There is no in-between like the hot cold door. It sounds like yours is not closing right. Dealer fix!! It may be a recalibration thing.

Thanks! Makes sense to me!