H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-26-2004, 08:17 PM

LsuH2 is off the scale

Goodevening Gentlemen
I have been reading for the past couple weeks on which exhaust to get for my H2; and thank you all by the way, this has been very informative about many other things as well and hope I can learn as much as I can from all the posts.
I was looking on getting the Corsa Sport exhaust system with the Dual tips. Dont do alot of offroading anymore, alot of highway though. Would this be the best choice sound/quality wise? Any suggestions on where to get it from? I also have the air compressor in the rear and wanted to make sure that this system is designed to fit around/above it. Planned on DIY install or get a friend to do it so the less metal bending we would have to do the better. Thanks

LsuH2 is off the scale

Goodevening Gentlemen
I have been reading for the past couple weeks on which exhaust to get for my H2; and thank you all by the way, this has been very informative about many other things as well and hope I can learn as much as I can from all the posts.
I was looking on getting the Corsa Sport exhaust system with the Dual tips. Dont do alot of offroading anymore, alot of highway though. Would this be the best choice sound/quality wise? Any suggestions on where to get it from? I also have the air compressor in the rear and wanted to make sure that this system is designed to fit around/above it. Planned on DIY install or get a friend to do it so the less metal bending we would have to do the better. Thanks

LsuH2 is off the scale

Goodevening Gentlemen
Old 06-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

I just got a Corsa Sport with Dual Tips. The sound is fantastic! I went to a Hummer Dealer and the price including install was just under $1,100.00. Although it is a bolt on application, getting the OEM exhaust took some work and with any project, the right tools, access and knowledge makes a big difference. I stood there watching the whole thing. You may be able to do it but I'm glad I had them do it. I have air ride as well. This Corsa is a GM approved option and is designed for the H2. Don't waste your time on a touring kit as there is barely any difference over stock. At highway or cruising speeds you only hear a melow rumble. I have four kids and the interior sound doesn't bother anyone. We're going to get an entertainment system soon and the Corsa will not interfere with that at all.

Someone in this forum described the Corsa sound to be "sinister." That's a perfect description. I saw another "bling" H2 at the shop and the muffler sounded too high pitch and whiny. The Corsa sounds deep and commanding...not unlike a 1960's muscle car.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 06-28-2004, 02:08 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

And for $175(installed) I had a FlowMaster DeltaFlow Series 2 muffler put on my H2 that hands down sounds better than the pricier cat back systems.
IMO, that's the way to go.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:24 AM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

Drty
I only paid $165 installed for the 3 chamber flowmaster. and I think it sounds better than anything else I have heard
Old 06-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

How loud are those Flowmasters?
Old 06-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

Like a friggin' NASCAR!!!
At idle & under normal driving there is more of a rumble, but jump on it and it really sings.
The great thing about the FlowMaster set up is that the stock muffler gets cut out and the FlowMaster gets welded in, so there aren't any chrome tips sticking out to get pinched shut when off-roading.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Blue is off the scale

LsuH2,
I recommend purchasing a stainless steel muffler. The others may rust out if salt water is around. You really should listen to a vehicle and if you like the sound then that is the one you buy. Any of the mufflers mentioned (Corsa, Flowmaster, Borla ...) will sound louder and provide some performance. You just need to see where you can get the best deal. Borla pips extend out the back of the vehicle and are much more visible than the stock. I like the stock look. I had a friend with Bassani pipes on and that’s what I bought. The Bassani muffler is stainless steel; pre bent mandrel tubing; and 1” thick clamps. The sound is a deep throaty rumble at idle, hardly noticeable while cruising and it sounds like a big American V8 when you get on it. I paid $550 from www.streetandrace.com. Make sure it comes with the cross-pipe internal to the muffler. I also had the headers from Bassani installed. They added a little increase to the sound (deeper rumble), but the performance increase was substantial. I really liked the combination of the two.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:29 PM

LsuH2 is off the scale

One of the major reasons I was going with the Corsa is b/c of the GM certification. I have the full warranty and I know if put any exhaust on it only voids the exhaust part of the warranty, but would like to keep it as certified as I can...if Corsa is the only one certified does anyone know where I can get one cheap...the cheapest i have found is $720.00...
Old 06-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

Changing to a FlowMaster muffler will NOT void the warranty.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:10 PM

Big Bob is off the scale

I have the Corsa Sport and have been very happy with it.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Hey LsuH2 I am looking for truckshields for off roading and ran across your exhaust for 695.

http://greenwoodhummer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=H2Performan ce
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:41 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

DO NOT BUY ANY AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES FROM A DEALER... You are only throwing money away.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:32 AM

So Cal H2 is off the scale

I have th Volant System on mine (bassani) and I really like it. Check ebay for the corsa system here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=7907351 310&rd=1
Old 07-17-2004, 01:09 AM

RFox is off the scale

You really need to listen to a few of these systems on someone elses vehicle in order to make the best decision for you. Obviously you get a lot more than just sond from a quality system like CORSA. You drive a quality vehicle...so don't go cheap on anything you add. I did go to the www.realwheelsacc.com site to listen to the CORSA, and it sounds just like the one on my truck (very accurate), but I dont remember if they also had sounds of other systems on their site. Best of luck!